“Should have been better” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rates from $99!
Ranked #32 of 47 hotels in Arlington
Nashville, Tennessee
“Should have been better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Good location with on time shuttles to Reagan Airport and Potomac City Metro stop. Nice bar and bar food.
Excellent Skydome revolving restaurant on the top floor. Friendly staff. BUT, no AC for five days. Inattentive cleaning staff. No hot water our last day.
Exiting the parking garage is a continuing adventure as folks cannot seem to figure out how to use the system.
Could have easily been 4 or 5 circles, but this place has real infrastructure problems and we shall not return.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. The shuttles do make it convenient to get to the Metro and Mall. Our drivers work hard to stick to the schedule so the wait times are minimal. I am happy to read you took advantage of this amenity. It is also nice to know that you enjoyed your Skydome experience.

My sincerest apology for the challenges you experienced. I would love to find out more details on the lack of air conditioning as that should not have occurred. If the unit in your room could not be fixed a room change should have been offered to you. I am very sorry and hope you will give me more information on this. There was a brief unexpected interruption in our hot water due to a boiler failure, but that was corrected as quickly as possible. My apologies to you that this caused you an inconvenience on your last day with us. The Director of Housekeeping is also hopeful you will contact me to offer more information on the lack of service you experienced. I am sure this was frustrating and I am sorry this occurred.

I will share your comments with the Director of the company that runs the parking garage to see if clearer signs on the how to exit the parking garage are needed. I am sorry that you have decided not to return and hope you will reconsider. Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

1,238 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Waterbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Double Tree far exceeded the price. Quick walk to Pentagon City. Very nice hotel with very nice people. Shuttle picked us up from airport which was nice. Pentagon City has a Metro station with quick rides to Pentagon and Arlington Cemetary.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for your review. It is nice to read that you found value in staying with us. Our guests do enjoy having the option of riding in the complimentary shuttle or walking the three blocks to the Metro/Mall. I appreciate your comment on the staff being friendly.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. We will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Wiltshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Doubletree have got customer service down to the T! From the great warm cookie at check in, to the bed which is just awesome! (I want one for home!!) You know when you choose a Doubletree hotel, what you are going to get!

With the complimentary shuttle from Reagan Airport, and to the nearest Metro Station, this hotel is situated ideally. Only 10 minutes from Washington centre, what more could you want?

Pairing this with the huge savings that you get from not being located in Central Washington, I will return here on my next visit again.

I never ate at the restaurant on site, and there wasn't much nearby (10 min walk minimum) but being a metro ride away from the city centre, this wasn't a problem for me.

The room was a good size, with a coffee maker, and iron/board. WiFi is a cost option, and was down for 2 out of the 3 days I was here, but that was not the hotels fault - they had no internet full stop.. A bit frustrating, but not the end of the world!

Vey nice hotel - a Typical Doubletree experience really. I will always try to book a Doubletree!

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review. It is so nice to read you had a fantastic stay experience. The cookies are delicious and a great way to welcome our guests. Actually, so many people have asked on how to purchase the bed used at Doubletree Hotels for a home that there is a website now available to do so. Please contact me for further information if you'd like.

I am glad the shuttles made it convenient for you to get around. Many of our guests enjoy the option of walking to the Metro or taking the complimentary shuttle. We are fortunate to be the closest VA hotel to Washington DC so we can offer our guests the Washington DC experience without the Washington DC hefty prices. I am glad you recognized the value of staying in Crystal City over Washington DC as the savings are significant.

Hopefully on your next visit you will go to the Skydome, which sits atop the hotel. The stunning view and revolving floor make for a memorable experience. The challenge with the Internet was frustrating and I appreciate your understanding as the problem was not one the hotel could fix, but with the external vendor that supplies the Internet. My apologies this occurred during your stay.

Memphis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Although the location is near the airport and convenient, look into staying at a different hotel if you can. The internet was down for over 3 days, the room temperature stayed above 75 even though the thermometer was on 65. I did not enjoy my stay here and wouldn't recommend anyone staying here either.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry that you had a disappointing stay. There was a challenge with the Internet related to the outside service. Unfortunately, it was not something we could correct on-site and it affected more than just our hotel. I can understand why this was frustrating for you and apologize this occurred.

I am unsure if you let us know about your room being uncomfortable while you were here. If so, I would expect an engineer would have tried to correct the challenge or offer you a room change. Please contact me with more details if this did not occur. Again, I am sorry you were uncomfortable.

Thank you again for your review and I sincerely apologize that we let you down. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

New London, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel the night before the 2014 face of America ride from Arlington, VA to Gettysburg Pennsylvania. This day and accommodations were awesome. The hotel staff was very professional and assisted with all of our needs. I definitely would recommend this hotel to a friend

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you for posting your review. We really enjoyed having the Face of America group stay with us. It is so nice to read that you had an enjoyable visit. We look forward to welcoming the group (and hopefully you) back in 2015!

Thank you again for your review and for the recommendation. We hope you return soon so we can work hard to again exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Mt family and I stayed here while visiting DC. The price was great even the added $26/day for parking. Very nice hotel located close to the Metro. Wish WiFi was free and don't understand why not offered free. Did get one night free as Hilton Honors member but in today's electronic world this shouldn't be a big cost burden on the hotel. Otherwise, great place.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the time you took to post a review. It is nice to read that you found value in staying with us. I will pass your suggestion for complimentary wifi to Hilton Worldwide as the decision has been made to charge for WiFi in all full service hotels (Doubletree, Embassy Suites, and Hilton Hotels). This is the same decision that most major hotel chains have made (Marriott, Sheraton, Hyatt, etc) as they too charge for guest room WiFi. However, we do offer this complimentary in our lobby, Lobby Bar, and business center. We also offer rate packages that include guest room WiFi. I am glad to read that your overall stay experience was a positive one.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon so we can work hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Stayed here 3 nights last weekend. We're Hilton Honors members and were offered an upgrade to a junior suite. On the positive side; staff was wonderful, everyone we spoke to was very pleasant and helpful including the housekeeping staff. Breakfast buffet or continental had good choices and the food was good. Servers were pleasant and efficient. The bar service was good too. On the negative side we went to the Sky Dome on Friday night and were told about the $10 cover charge; I think that should be waived for hotel guests and Hilton Honors members. Also the fabric on the chair in the kitchen part of the suite was badly stained and should be cleaned or replaced. (room 1158 south tower) And there was no information on accessing wi-fi in the room; the directory said a card should be on the desk but it was not. This info. should be in your directory about hotel services.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for posting your review. We try to offer upgrades when available to Hilton Honors members and I am glad we could do this for you. Our staff works hard to offer a positive experience to all of our guests so I sincerely appreciate you recognizing their efforts. It is also nice to read that you enjoyed your breakfast and bar experience.

Your suggestion of waiving the cover charge is very much appreciated. This is something we will discuss. Please keep in mind that the cover charge only applies on Friday and Saturday evenings after 10pm. Thank you for identifying your suite number so the Director of Housekeeping can follow up on the stained chair. My apologies this was not corrected prior to your stay.

There should have been some information on the wifi and again, I am sorry this was not there. The reason most hotels print this separately from the guest information booklet is because the wifi information changes from time to time and the wifi instructional card can then be changed without having to reprint the entire information booklet. I am sorry this was missing from your room.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.