“Beautiful Hotel, Top Quality” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Army Navy Drive, Arlington, VA 22202-2891   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #32 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
New York, New York
“Beautiful Hotel, Top Quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This hotel is absolutely beautiful, Shuttle pick up at airport is a little confusing, as shuttle does not always arrive same door way, and once at hotel you are not dropped off immediately in front of hotel but a little bit of a walk from door, which is not great when weather is freezing, however it is covered so you don't get rained on. Lobby, Elevators, Hallways, Rooms and Bathrooms are of excellent condition and rooms are extremely quiet. Bed Quality is top notch, did not appreciate lack of key card being needed for access to guest floors. That aside this hotel is definitely a great choice for comfort and convenience when staying close to the DCA Airport.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am so glad that you had a positive experience. The shuttles should arrive at the same doors each time at the airport as those are the only designated shuttle pick up points by the airport. The hotel shuttle pick up points are outside door #5 and #9 (behind baggage claim). I am sorry that you were confused as I am sure this was frustrating. Unfortunately, the hotels can not pull directly up to the door due to the tight turn in the drop off area, but thankfully it is covered and a very short walk to the door.

It is nice to read that you enjoyed the accommodations of the hotel. I am unsure when you stayed with us, but I am happy to let you know that we now require key cards to get to the floors of the hotel (with the exception of the parking garage, lobby, and 14th floor North tower for the Skydome) as an added security measure for our guests. Your room key should allow you access to your floor.

Thank you for your review and I do hope you will return. We will work hard to again exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

dori.familiant@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Wallace, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The hotel services were excellent, and the staff extremely courteous. I had left an article behind in my room whe we checked out, and it was promptly returned to me. However, I discussed some issues I had with the room that we were given - I should have rejected it at the outset. We upgraded to a suite, taking advantage of a promotion we were offered. The suite was configured such that it would not accommodate a sofa or settee, however in the two rooms there was only one chair (and the desk chair). No seating for more than one person. There was a plastic (handicapped?) chair in the tubr when we arrived. The room was not serviced properly in that glasses were not cleaned and a coffee cup from the Cafe was not removed or cleaned. The sky lounge service was very poor: we ordered two appetizers and it took just under one hour to get them. One of our drink glasses was dirty - waiter thought it might be wine, but it was sticky. Waiter seemed surprised that we asked for it to be replaced. On the other hand, service at the breakfast cafe was excellent and very courteous. There was a low frequency motor (probably a heater blower) that cycled on periodically during the night that raised the background noise level by 10dB (measured with my sound meter) This was very annoying and woke me up several times in two nights

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your review. I am so glad that you had positive interactions with the staff and that your item was returned to you. My apologies that your room was not cleaned properly. The Director of Housekeeping will follow up on this with his staff as that should never occur.

Yes, I wish we knew that you preferred another suite while you were here as we would have tried to accommodate you with another suite. It is surprising to read about your poor experience in the Skydome. We have a manager present and I really invite you or anyone to speak to him at anytime should we fail to meet expectations. While we learn a lot from the reviews and use the comments to improve, we would also like the opportunity to make it right at the time. It appears the server did not do this and I am sorry for that.

Your comment about the service at the Cafe is appreciated. I can understand why being awoken by the heater would be frustrating and again I offer my apology to you. Thank you for your review and I do hope you will return. We would really like another opportunity to offer you a room that fits your needs and offer top service to you. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

What a great property. The rooms were wonderful, clean and the employees were friendly and helpful. Called the front desk twice for items and they had them to our room in 10 minutes each time. Our sons baseball team was staying there for the weekend and they took great care of them as well. Breakfast each morning was wonderful and fresh. The waitstaff was friendly and took great care of us even though we did the buffet. Can't wait to visit Washington again and we will stay at this property.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for posting a review. I appreciate you mentioning the cleanliness of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff. The hotel employees work hard to offer this experience to all of our guests and it is rewarding to read that you had such an enjoyable stay.

We are lucky to have such wonderful servers in the Cafe. They love to engage the guests in conversation and of course provide a great dining atmosphere. Thank you again for your review. We too look forward to your return and we will work just as hard to exceed your expectations! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Starkville, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

This was my first time to stay at this hotel, and I would stay again. Excellent location, with a fabulous view of the Pentagon and Mall if you're on that side of the hotel. Breakfast was excellent, and it has a great fitness center. Rooms were very comfortable and accommodating for business travelers. The only problem I ran into was in service. When I arrived at DCA I called the hotel for the shuttle service, and was transferred to "transportation" but the phone was never answered. I called back, explained, but was abruptly transferred to "transportation" again and no answer, again. After the third try, I gave up and caught a cab. And of course the cab fell in right behind the shuttle bus! Had the same experience when asking for information at the hotel - a less than friendly attitude.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room on the Pentagon side for a spectacular view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is so nice that you enjoyed so much about your visit and that you would return if given the opportunity. I am very sorry that you had a challenge getting an answer when you called the hotel. I am sure this was very frustrating for you and not a good way to start off your trip. The Director of Front Office will follow up on this to ensure this type of challenge is not repeated.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. Please know on your next visit, we will work much harder to exceed your expectations. Your comments are very much appreciated and will be used to help us improve. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Kingsbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

OMG ! What a wonderful hotel.Right near the metro so we could get to everywhere we wanted to go.Not far from Arlington Cemetery which is great.Staff were so amazing and the room was great.The beds are the the most comfiest and loveliest I have ever been in.I wanted too take the bed back to England.Absolutely great stay here.Definatelky will be back and the amazing little surprise n the roof.Wow

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience. It is very rewarding to read that you had a fantastic stay and left wanting to return as that is our ultimate goal. We are fortunate to be so close to the Metro Station so getting in and out of Washington DC is so simple. Also being we are in close proximity for Washington DC, Alexandria, Arlington Cemetery, and so much more taking a cab is also a nice option.

Your comments on the staff are appreciated as they work hard to make each guest interaction a positive one. Actually, we have many guests that enjoy the beds so much that they ask how to get the same one for their home. I am happy to provide this information to you or anyone else who inquires. The Skydome is a favorite of our guests as it is such a stunning view. It is fun to see where you have been or planning on going during your visit to the Washington DC area.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. Please know on your next visit, we will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Arlington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

We had a great weekend. All the staff was very helpful. Looking forward to our next visit !!! The location was excellent. Shuttle bus was an extra bonus. Ladies you can shop as well as just pamper yourself . The thing was we really could have stayed in the hotel & party !!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for sharing your review. We too are looking forward to your next visit and the challenge of offering you just a great of a stay experience as you had on your recent stay. It is nice to read that you found our hotel to be convenient for your needs and while so much is within walking distance, many of our guests enjoy the option of taking the complimentary shuttle.

There are plenty of shops around both in and out of the Pentagon City Fashion Centre Mall. Many of our guests do choose to stay in and enjoy the evening in the Skydome. We hope you will too on your next visit.

Thank you again for your review and for staying with us. Please know on your next visit, we will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Rawalpindi, Pakistan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

After renovation. It is an excellent place to stay. I have stayed for six nights and find the hotel very comfortable. Hotel staff is courteous and nice. Rooms are clean and tidy. Conference rooms are also very well managed.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. It is so nice to read that you have had an enjoyable stay. Our staff works hard to offer each of our guests a comfortable stay and I appreciate you recognizing their efforts.

Thank you again for your review and for staying with us. We hope you return soon so we can work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.