“Best of Washington, DC!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Rates from $99!
Ranked #31 of 47 hotels in Arlington
Bristol, United States
“Best of Washington, DC!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

This is one of my favorite Hilton properties to stay at and the only place I stay when I'm in the DC area. The staff is fantastic and the facilities are great. I love dinner up on the roof... I have never had a bad experience here and look forward to my next visit. Thank you!!!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am so glad to read that you have chosen to make our hotel your choice hotel when traveling to the Washington DC area. It is rewarding to read that you have such positive feelings about the staff as they work so hard to offer a great experience to all of our guests. The Skydome is a favorite of so many of our guests and it is nice to read that you enjoy going up there when you visit.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to your return and will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. Please know we do not take your visits for granted and we will earn your business each time you visit. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

1,198 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Laurel, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Nice place to stay. Only down side was the "Dome" restaurant being closed. We were not informed when we made our reservation. That's why we chose this spot to celebrate our 29th anniversary. Very disappointed, ruined our anticipation of a nice evening dining and dancing, but we still had an enjoyable time. Appreciated much the cheese plate and bottle of wine with the room. The hotel was nice, very accommodating, food at the "Cafe" and service was good. At breakfast, we were served by an exceptionally nice and accommodating young lady, named "Axi". She took very good care of us. We enjoyed our stay and would like to return and check out the "Dome" another time.

Room Tip: Nice view in the North Tower. Check with the hotel directly if interested in dining at the "Dom...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for choosing to post your review. Happy anniversary! The Skydome closing was unexpected, but needed as a repair had to be done. I am sorry it was not open during your stay. I am glad we could stlll offer you a nice stay experience and surprise you with an anniversary amenity.

Axi is an excellent team member who genuinely enjoys speaking with our guests. It is nice to read that she made a positive impact on your stay. We hope you return and look forward to offering you a nice Skydome experience.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to your return and will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

The staff were great with me. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable. The location is convenient for the most part. The metro station was close enough for walking distance and the hotel is very close to the airport. There are places to go to (shopping, restaurants, bars) around the hotel as well. The sky bar was really cool and it provides a great view of DC. The only downside of the bar was that the food was expensive especially with the tiny portion size.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. i am so glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay and have positive interactions with the staff. We are fortunate to be so close to the Airport, Metro, Washington DC, and so much more. It allows us to offer our guests the DC experience without the DC prices. Another great perk of our location is the stunning view of Washington DC from many of our rooms. As great as the view from those rooms is, it is only topped by the view from the Skydome. It is nice to read that you enjoyed your Skydome experience. We recently changed our menu so I am hopeful that if you return you will be happier with the options and portion size.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is a chain that is usually a consistent choice for business travelers, and this unit is located very close to Reagan Airport in the Washington, DC area. The meeting facilities were very good, but rooms in general are not up to date and while wireless internet was available, it was not free and spotty at best, unless you are an elite Hilton member or attending a conference at which the host is paying for internet access. Also, the hotel appears to be in a cellphone dead area, and frequently signal is weak or absent for 3G or 4G. While there are services and restaurants a few blocks away from the hotel, there was only limited food service in the hotel, except room service, after early evening. The only dining, from a limited menu in the evening is in the bar. The food is ok, but limited.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you had Internet & Cell Phone challenges. I have not heard of there being any cell phone dead spots in the hotel until your comment. The majority of our Operations Management team uses cell phones through out the hotel as does so many of our guests that I would think this would have come up prior if there are dead spots in the hotel. I am unsure why you had a challenge using your cell phone, but believe this is an isolated incident. Again, I am sorry that you were frustrated by this.

Hilton Worldwide has made the decision to charge for Internet in all full service hotels (Doubletree, Embassy Suites, and Hilton). This is similar to the decision that most major hotel chains have made (Marriott, Sheraton, Hyatt, etc) as they to charge for the Internet in their full service brands. As you mentioned it is complimentary for Hilton Honors Diamond & Gold members. We also offer complimentary wifi in our lobby & Lobby Bar. The business center offers three computers ready to surf the web at no charge.

The management in the food & beverage department often change our menus and really appreciate guest suggestions. Please contact me with items you would like to see so I can pass it on to them.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Florence, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

hotel and rooms were okay. service was good. some concerns about quality of food at breakfast.downstair bar was closed and you had ten dollar cover to get into upstairs bar. Pool was closed but did not find out to arrival. Rooms were cleaned. Location to Metro was great as it was a short walk.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad you enjoyed your room accommodations and the service met your expectations. I am interested to know more about your concerns with the food quality at breakfast and hope you will contact me with some details. The Lobby Bar was closed, but when that occurs we waive the $10 cover charge for all guests. I am sorry that you were not made aware of this.

As soon as we found out the pool would have to be closed from mid December until early April a notice was posted on the front page of our website. We really do not want anyone to be disappointed or surprised by this and I am sorry you were.

Thank you again for posting a review and for choosing to stay with us. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Arlington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Overall the stay was great, we were greeted and provided the standard upgrades provided by Hilton for a Gold member. Linens were clean and clear. The housekeeping was great. Our only true issue was the fact that even though WIFI was provided via my Gold upgrade, the signal was so poor in the room I was forced to use my phone's internet only (don't have tethering). So my advice to you is if you are Gold or need the WIFI, make sure you ask for a room with a good signal...

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am so glad to read that you had an overall positive experience and felt appreciated as a Gold HHonors member. I appreciate your comment on the housekeeper and hope you will send me your room number so we can recognize her for her efforts in making a positive impact on your stay.

I am so sorry that the Internet signal caused your frustration. It is important that if any of our guests have this challenge he/she lets us know. We have an outside company that can troubleshoot to ensure all the routers are working fine. We also may have an opportunity to offer a room change to one with a stronger signal. Once again, I am sorry for the challenge you experienced.

Thank you again for posting a review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Ts hotel is a great value for the money. It is is convenient to DC, shopping and restaurants. Great staff, great cafe for breakfast. Everyone was very helpful from check in to check out. Room was very clean and modern. Hotel garage parking was average cost for area but it was convenient. Elevator access to the garage from our room floor. If you don't want to stay far out or right in downtown Washington DC, check out this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am so glad to read that you felt the hotel offers a fantastic value as that is so important to many of our guests. We are fortunate to be in a location that is so close to the Airport, Pentagon, Metro, Shopping, many offices, and Washington DC.

Your comment on the staff and room cleanliness is appreciated as they work so hard to offer this same experience to all of our guests. Thank you again for your review and for the recommendation. We hope you come to stay with us again. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

I appreciate your time & wish all the readers of our reviews a happy holiday season -