“Great airport hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Arlington, Virginia
“Great airport hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

The staff were great with me. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable. The location is convenient for the most part. The metro station was close enough for walking distance and the hotel is very close to the airport. There are places to go to (shopping, restaurants, bars) around the hotel as well. The sky bar was really cool and it provides a great view of DC. The only downside of the bar was that the food was expensive especially with the tiny portion size.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. i am so glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay and have positive interactions with the staff. We are fortunate to be so close to the Airport, Metro, Washington DC, and so much more. It allows us to offer our guests the DC experience without the DC prices. Another great perk of our location is the stunning view of Washington DC from many of our rooms. As great as the view from those rooms is, it is only topped by the view from the Skydome. It is nice to read that you enjoyed your Skydome experience. We recently changed our menu so I am hopeful that if you return you will be happier with the options and portion size.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

dori.familiant@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is a chain that is usually a consistent choice for business travelers, and this unit is located very close to Reagan Airport in the Washington, DC area. The meeting facilities were very good, but rooms in general are not up to date and while wireless internet was available, it was not free and spotty at best, unless you are an elite Hilton member or attending a conference at which the host is paying for internet access. Also, the hotel appears to be in a cellphone dead area, and frequently signal is weak or absent for 3G or 4G. While there are services and restaurants a few blocks away from the hotel, there was only limited food service in the hotel, except room service, after early evening. The only dining, from a limited menu in the evening is in the bar. The food is ok, but limited.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you had Internet & Cell Phone challenges. I have not heard of there being any cell phone dead spots in the hotel until your comment. The majority of our Operations Management team uses cell phones through out the hotel as does so many of our guests that I would think this would have come up prior if there are dead spots in the hotel. I am unsure why you had a challenge using your cell phone, but believe this is an isolated incident. Again, I am sorry that you were frustrated by this.

Hilton Worldwide has made the decision to charge for Internet in all full service hotels (Doubletree, Embassy Suites, and Hilton). This is similar to the decision that most major hotel chains have made (Marriott, Sheraton, Hyatt, etc) as they to charge for the Internet in their full service brands. As you mentioned it is complimentary for Hilton Honors Diamond & Gold members. We also offer complimentary wifi in our lobby & Lobby Bar. The business center offers three computers ready to surf the web at no charge.

The management in the food & beverage department often change our menus and really appreciate guest suggestions. Please contact me with items you would like to see so I can pass it on to them.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Florence, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

hotel and rooms were okay. service was good. some concerns about quality of food at breakfast.downstair bar was closed and you had ten dollar cover to get into upstairs bar. Pool was closed but did not find out to arrival. Rooms were cleaned. Location to Metro was great as it was a short walk.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad you enjoyed your room accommodations and the service met your expectations. I am interested to know more about your concerns with the food quality at breakfast and hope you will contact me with some details. The Lobby Bar was closed, but when that occurs we waive the $10 cover charge for all guests. I am sorry that you were not made aware of this.

As soon as we found out the pool would have to be closed from mid December until early April a notice was posted on the front page of our website. We really do not want anyone to be disappointed or surprised by this and I am sorry you were.

Thank you again for posting a review and for choosing to stay with us. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Arlington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Overall the stay was great, we were greeted and provided the standard upgrades provided by Hilton for a Gold member. Linens were clean and clear. The housekeeping was great. Our only true issue was the fact that even though WIFI was provided via my Gold upgrade, the signal was so poor in the room I was forced to use my phone's internet only (don't have tethering). So my advice to you is if you are Gold or need the WIFI, make sure you ask for a room with a good signal...

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am so glad to read that you had an overall positive experience and felt appreciated as a Gold HHonors member. I appreciate your comment on the housekeeper and hope you will send me your room number so we can recognize her for her efforts in making a positive impact on your stay.

I am so sorry that the Internet signal caused your frustration. It is important that if any of our guests have this challenge he/she lets us know. We have an outside company that can troubleshoot to ensure all the routers are working fine. We also may have an opportunity to offer a room change to one with a stronger signal. Once again, I am sorry for the challenge you experienced.

Thank you again for posting a review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Ts hotel is a great value for the money. It is is convenient to DC, shopping and restaurants. Great staff, great cafe for breakfast. Everyone was very helpful from check in to check out. Room was very clean and modern. Hotel garage parking was average cost for area but it was convenient. Elevator access to the garage from our room floor. If you don't want to stay far out or right in downtown Washington DC, check out this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am so glad to read that you felt the hotel offers a fantastic value as that is so important to many of our guests. We are fortunate to be in a location that is so close to the Airport, Pentagon, Metro, Shopping, many offices, and Washington DC.

Your comment on the staff and room cleanliness is appreciated as they work so hard to offer this same experience to all of our guests. Thank you again for your review and for the recommendation. We hope you come to stay with us again. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

I appreciate your time & wish all the readers of our reviews a happy holiday season -

Oklahoma City, OK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

This Hilton fan is obligated to caution other travelers about this hotel. Rooms are dated, but I wouldn't let that preclude you from staying there, but losing sleep & rest while suffering through the night club that's 5 floors above you is. There's no way to stifle the noise or vibration that pulses through your room until the wee hours of the morning. If you're there to party through the night, this could be the hotel for you. If you're looking for a safe, quiet place to get some rest, I'd highly reconsider staying at this property.

Room Tip: Avoid the tower with the night club in it.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry that you had some challenges during your stay. While hearing music playing loudly is frustrating, I do not believe it was from the Skydome. The Skydome has music every night and a DJ every weekend and this is not a comment I have heard before regarding the Skydome. If this was a challenge with the Skydome, I am sure it would appear in other TripAdvisor comments, but i do not recall seeing it before. However, there may have been a guest on the floor above playing loud music and that is what you heard. I wish you would have let us know while you were here as we would have gladly had security look into it and if it could not be resolved, we would have offered a room change to you. I am sorry this disturbance occurred.

I do hope readers of this review will read the many others to find this is not a challenge experienced by our other guests there should be absolutely no concern of hearing the Skydome music. I truly am sorry that your sleep was disturbed and hope you will return. To ease your concerns we would be happy to place you in the South Tower.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. Please know that we will work hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Rochester Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Our family stayed at the DoubleTree by Hilton on December 18 and 19, 2013. We all gathered at the hotel to attend a funeral at Arlington Cemetery. The hotel was clean and tastefully decorated. Our rooms were pleasant and well-equipped. The beds were comfortable and the water was hot. We wanted to visit with family members we hadn’t seen in a while before the funeral. The lobby area is set up with meeting areas that we were able to arrange perfectly to accommodate our group. The staff was very helpful. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am so sorry for your loss, but glad we could make this difficult time a little easier for you. It is nice to read that the accommodations met your expectations and it is appreciated that you mentioned the water is hot as we are so glad that challenge has been corrected.

The open seating provided in the lobby area is something we get so much positive feedback about. Like you, many guests take advantage of the ample seating to meet up with family. Others meet with colleagues and some just prefer the friendly atmosphere than sitting in their room.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope you will visit again and if so, I hope it is for a much happier occasion. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.