“Wasn't impressed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
wilmington nc
“Wasn't impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The room was way too hot. We changed rooms for the second night hoping it would be cooler but it was just as bad. They did comp our breakfast but for what we paid for the nights we stayed it just wasn't enough. The hotel was probably very nice 10 years ago. It's just very dated. They still try to make it feel more upscale than it actually is. The coffee pot didn't work in our room either and at one point I had to go to the front desk three times because my key wouldn't work. The view from the room was really the only positive thing about our stay.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you check in
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am disappointed to read about the challenges you experienced and will reach out to you directly to apologize as well as see what we can do to make it right.

I am happy to let you know that the hotel will be getting a whole new key system installed next month so the challenges of keys not working should be nearly eliminated. I do hope you will return as we can offer a much better experience to you.

Thank you again for your review and once again I apologize that we let you down. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The room was very nice but it was overly hot and only had 2 towels for 4 people. And the room was free because they had already had to comp me for the last time I stayed due to some issues, but I really thought they could do better than that.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad you enjoyed the room accommodations and apologize there was only towels for two people. The Director of Houskeeping will look into this to ensure the proper amount of towels are placed in each room.

I am sorry for the challenges you experienced on your last stay, but glad that you were offered a complimentary return certificate. We take guest comments very seriously and will use yours to help us improve. Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The Doubletree at Crystal City is a very nice hotel. It has many great amenities and the location, near the Pentagon, makes it very convenient to the many sights in Washington D.C. I would certainly consider staying at this hotel on future visits to the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. It is nice to read that you had an enjoyable stay. We are very fortunate to have a great location that makes it so convenient to go into Washington DC to tour.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you do return. We will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Chino Hills, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I missed my flight home and needed a hotel close to Reagan National airport. The Doubletree is a nice hotel that is located two blocks from Pentagon City Shopping mall and the Metro. Lots of chain restaurants in the area and a nice area in which to walk. The metro is about a 10 minute walk and the National Mall is about a 15 minute metro ride from there. The rooms are comfortable, but the hotel is average. Staff are very friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you missed your flight as I am sure it was frustrating, but glad that led you to us. We are fortunate to have such a convenient location to both the airport and the Metro as well as to Washington DC.

It is nice to have the option of walking to the Metro or enjoying a complimentary shuttle ride. I appreciate you mentioning the friendly staff, but we strive to much more than average. I wish you offered more details as we use guest comments to help us improve.

Thank you for your review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This hotel has a great deal of potential. Good lacation and the staff was very friendly and willing to help. The hotel itself was just...dirty. The first room we were assigned had dried food on the carpet, dust on the furniture and hair on the tile in bathroom. We asked for another room and were given one that was a little better. (at least no old food and hair) The carpets in hallways looked as if they hadn't been vacuumed in a while and weren't vacummed during our stay. I know this because all the same dirt, paper and wrappers that were there when we arrived remained when we checked out. Very disappointing for a Hilton family hotel. We will be returning to DC but I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 7th floor with a great view of the city and Pentagon.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your review. I appreciate you mentioning the friendliness of the staff and it is nice to read that you found the location fit your needs.

It is disappointing to read about your experience. I know how hard the housekeeping staff works each day so in all honesty it is surprising. While challenges pop up from time to time it is very unusual for one guest to have cleanliness issues in two rooms and I am very sorry this occurred. I have no doubt that the Director of Housekeeping will follow up with the staff.

Thank you again for your review. I hope you reconsider and return. I am confident that if given another opportunity we can change your impression. Should you choose to return please alert me ahead of time. Once again, I am sorry we let you down. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Pennsauken, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Our stay at the Crystal City Double Tree was excellent. We went for a long weekend with our two young children and had a wonderful experience. The check-in was quick and the room was clean and cool when we entered. We were even able to upgrade to a Deluxe Suite when we arrived so that there was a separate bedroom and living room. The king size bed was very comfortable and had plenty of pillows. Even the pull-out in the living room was large enough that two adults would have been comfortable on it. The pool is large enough that there were several families with young children in it when we arrived and it didn't feel cramped or over-stuffed. The only downside we found is that, like most hotels, there are not an abundance of choices in children's programing on the cable networks provided, so we have to let the kids win down at night with a little NetFlix on their tablets. That was easy with the in-room wi-fi we had in our room package. My husband and I are contemplating taking another trip sans-children and the DoubleTree will definitely be on our itinerary!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience. It is so nice to read how fantastic your stay was. I am glad we could meet your request for an upgrade as this offered you more space for your extended stay.

The pool is extremely popular, especially this time of year, so I am glad you found it to be enjoyable and not too busy. I appreciate the suggestion on children's programming and will pass this on. We often make changes to our channel package and use guest suggestions when making the changes. We do offer many packages and it is really nice that you found one with wifi included to meet your needs.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to your return and will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Middleboro, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I needed someplace just for the night to check in without a hassle. I went from my car to my room in less than 10 minutes. While there I sat back, watched a movie in my room and got up at 5:30AM to leave. Checking out was just as easy as checking in.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. I am glad that your trip was so simple and hope you return for a longer stay. It will be just as enjoyable! Thank you again for your review. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.