DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City
Hotel deals
Ranked #32 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
“Fantabulous!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This hotel and staff was amazing!! I traveled alone and this was my first time doing so. The staff was very warm and welcoming and very attentive. I did the self-parking and at first was a little weary of parking in the garage and returning late at night but there was always staff in the garage and they always made sure to hold the doors open and watch as I went to my car. I didn't even have to ask for this service. The room was extremely comfortable and clean. I had a room with the city view and it was well worth it...my views were of the Pentagon, Washington Monument, the State house, lincoln Memorial, and I could even see the White House! The food in the hotel was moderately priced and well worth it! I can't even imagine staying at a different hotel. It's located in Arlington but literally it's right next door to DC. Why stay inside DC when you can stay comfortably right at the Doubletree by Hilton! I 100% recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed May 2013
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I like the title of your review and I am so glad to read that you had such a nice stay. I appreciate you mentioning your positive interactions with the staff. We try to exceed our guests' expectations each time and it is nice to read that we did so with you.

Our location is an excellent one as we can offer so many rooms with a spectacular view. Our view rooms are very popular and i am so glad you got to stay in one. It looks like you had an excellent overall stay and pleaSe know that we will work just as hard should you return.

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Montego Bay, Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have stay here several times as it is located close to everything. The staff is great and very accommodating. Rooms are always spotless. Beds are great! Sky bar has a great view of the Capital. They have air shuttle plus they have a shuttle to the Metro stop.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you making the Doubletree by Hilton Washington DC your choice hotel when you travel to the area. I appreciate you mentioning the staff being accommodating as we work hard to offer each guest a great hotel experience. The housekeeping team will be very happy to read that you find your room to be spotless each time.

The Skydome is unique to the area and i am glad you have enjoyed the stunning views. The shuttles do add a nice convenience for our guests and many enjoy the option of walking to the Metro or enjoying a shuttle ride.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. We will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this Dbl Tree numerous times and I never experience any problems or bad customer service. This visit was no different, the only suggestion is $19.00 for the breakfast buffet is on the high end for what you receive. I have always received good service from the front desk and housekeeping. I experienced no problems while at the hotel and I look forward in staying there in the future.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. While we really appreciate all of our guests, we love seeing repeat guests as that means we are doing our job well. We want every guest to leave wanting to return and I am so glad to read this has been your experience.

Your suggestion on the cost of the breakfast buffet has been passed to the Director of Food & Beverage. Please know that we do offer room packages that include breakfast so please look at these options. I appreciate you mentioning the great service received from the desk staff and the housekeeping staff.

Please know that we do not take your business for granted and we will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations. Thank you again for your review and as always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Richmond, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I "won" this hotel as a result of a Priceline bid. The location of the hotel is good, in Crystal City near DC. The best I can describe the property is worn out. There were two arm chairs in my room that I were so dirty and stained I would not sit in them, while working at the desk I noted two dead bugs between the glass and the art work. There were black mold spots on the grout surrounding the tub, the shower head leaked profusely. The place was quiet and the staff friendly enough. I think Doubletree needs to concentrate less on the cookie (which was hot and delicious) and more on the quality of their hotel rooms in this case.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you were disappointed with your stay experience. I do hope you will contact me so I can advise the Director of Housekeeping what room you stayed in. While we are looking forward to having the remainder of our rooms renovated early next year, prior to that, a chair should not be in a room in the condition that you describe and I am sorry that it was. It is very surprising and disappointing to read about the challenges you had in your room. I can understand why you would be disappointed and hope that we have another opportunity to have you in the hotel so we can work hard to change your impression.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Across the street from the pentagon, close to pentagon mall and metro. Ex access to 395 to get to DC. Nice room, pretty quiet.
Parking sucks. Have to pay daily fee or take your chances on the street.
Overall very nice, it's where I prefer to stay when I go to DC

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your experience. I am glad you had a nice stay and enjoyed your accommodations. I can understand not liking to pay for parking as very few people do. However, it is very common in this area and I am confident that if you look into it that you will find our prices to be in line with other area hotels and far below hotels inside the District. I do want to let you know that we offer some room packages that include parking. It is also nice to read that our location fit your needs.

The title of your post is "the rotating restaurant", but you fail to mention the Skydome in your review. I hope you made it up there as I really recommend that all of our guests experience the Skydome. It is unique to this area as it is the only revolving rooftop restaurant. The Skydome serves dinner, drinks, and appetizers.

Thank you again for your review and we are honored to be your choice hotel in the DC area. Please know that we do not take your business for granted and will work hard to continue to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This hotel is wonderful. The Hilton Name is well represented by the excellent customer service and modern, classy accommodations. From our arrival to express check out everything was fantastic. It is pricy, (hello, it's Hilton!!) but was worth every penny. They have valet parking($30/night) and porters to help you transition from your travels. I was impressed and happy with the maid service as well. We left car at hotel and traveled back and forth around city on Metro. The hotel shuttle took us to the mall to catch the train. The only thing I didn't like was the lack of good lighting in bathroom. Kind of dark for applying make-up but still gorgeous decor none the less. I usually stay at another chain which is unavailable close to city center, but I have found a wonderful replacement for my next visit.

Room Tip: The king with city view is well worth the extra money.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for writing the review of your experience. It is so nice to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad you found value in staying at the Doubletree by Hilton Washington DC - Crystal City.

I appreciate you mentioning the housekeeping staff and they will be happy to read that they exceeded your expectations. The shuttle is a great convenience for getting to/from the Metro and Mall. Although it is just a 3 block walk (7-10 minutes) it is nice to have the option of taking the shuttle.

Please contact me with your room number as perhaps the room you were in had the wrong wattage bulb causing the bathroom to be dark. Our engineering department will be happy to check on that.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. We will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is the first time we have stayed at a DoubleTree hotel (although, we are a Diamond/Gold Hilton Honor Member) and would like to summarize it as amazing!... you guys exceeded my expectations! First, they have a great sense of customer service. From the Hotel Management to the employees you will see through your stay, they all seem to get it… make the customer feel welcome and they will come back! We reserved two nights for Mother’s day weekend because of the rates for a quick gate-away weekend. The location was spectacular as well as the view. When we checked-in, we were greeted by a trainee in the front desk who was very attentive. We were given their famous chocolate chip cookies, which by the way were amazing! The room was VERY clean as well as the view – we could look to the Pentagon, the Washington monument as well as the Capitol Blgd. The pool was VERY nice, although we didn’t have a chance to spend a lot of time on it. All in all, the hotel exceeded my expectation and we will definitively use this as our first option during our stays in DC. Double Tree team –good job! Keep is up…

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience. It is fantastic to read how great of a stay you had. Our staff works hard to ensure we exceed each guest's expectations and it is nice to read that we succeeded in meeting this goal with you.

I was happy to hear from you prior to your stay and am so happy to read that your first Doubletree experience was such a positive one. You found us out as it is our mission to make sure each guest leaves wanting to return.

The cookies are a nice way to be welcomed and I al happy to read that you had a nice check in experience. Our housekeeping staff really appreciates you mentioning the cleanliness of your room. We are fortunate to have such a great location that offers a stunning view from so many of our rooms.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.