“Lots to Love at this Doubletree” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Holiday Pre-Sale: $84/nt
Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Lots to Love at this Doubletree”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I spent one night here during a recent business trip. I found there were many things at this hotel that will appeal to a business visitor to the Pentagon/Crystal City/Downtown DC area or a tourist coming to Washington. First the rooms. I thought they were comfortable, if a bit dated. The facility was well maintained. I was fortunate to be upgraded to a junior suite, which was very big, contained a microwave and refrigerator, and had a balcony overlooking the city.

Next, hotel amenities were excellent. There was a lobby bar, a cafe, a small coffee and snack shop, a more formal dining restaurant (open on weekends only I believe), and (my favorite) a revolving lounge on the roof with spectacular views of the city. The hotel also has a nice indoor pool and a good size fitness facility. The hotel has a parking garage underneath.

The location is also a big plus, if you don't mind walking a few blocks. It is a block or two from the Pentagon and a couple of blocks from the Metro station. The hotel is also convenient to the Pentagon City Fashion Centre Mall with a big food court, restaurants, and a great selection of stores. It is easy to get in to Washington via Metro (recommended for visitors) or driving if you so choose from the hotel's location. With that said, the hotel's location is "functional". There are office buildings and chain stores/restaurants near the property. If you want to stay in a trendy area with unique shops and restaurants, this is not the place for you.

Overall, I think the hotel was very nice and has a lot to offer the visitor.

Room Tip: If you can get a room at the end of hall in the south tower, I think it will have a balcony overlook...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for sharing a review of your experience. We are very fortunate to have a location and product that both guests on leisure and guests on business can enjoy. I am glad to read that we were able to offer an upgrade to you. The view off the balcony is awesome as you can take in the wonderful skyline of Washington DC while pointing out all of the sites or enjoy watching the planes take off/land at Reagan Airport.

It is no surprise the Skydome was your favorite as that is the favorite of many of our guests. The panoramic view and the unique experience of the revolving floor makes for a memorable experience. However, it is nice to have the option of relaxing in the Lobby Bar too as both serve off a full dinner menu. The Cafe, for guests that have time to sit, or the Cafe Go for guests on the move are nice options and I am glad to read you enjoyed them. You are correct, Windows over Washington is open on Fridays & Saturdays only. Actually, that also offers a fantastic view and along with a great meal there is an outside comedy club that puts on shows. This is just another fun option for our guests to consider.

Keep in mind, for those that prefer not to walk the 3 blocks (7-10 minutes) to the Mall or Metro, there is a complimentary shuttle offered. It is nice to read that our location fit your needs.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Union, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Rooms are being updated but the price per room is very high. Even with the special convention rate it is still high since you will be paying for parking also. Parking is underground and a tight fit sometimes. No food nearby so you eat in the hotel anmd pay a n arm and a leg. There are eating places about a 1/2 mile away worth it to take the trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your November experience. I am sorry you found the rate to be higher then you expected. The Washington DC Metro area does have higher rates than some other areas and I am confident that if you shop around the area that you will find that our rates are in line with other hotels.

We do offer many rate options and packages so perhaps another one that includes parking, would be more to your liking. Also the rate is dependent on the day of week pattern and month of stay as well as the demand in the area. Typically the rates are lower for a Thursday - Sunday pattern vs. a weekday pattern, so if your travel is flexible, please keep that in mind.

Our shuttle will drop at 23rd street upon request. 23rd street has many dining options if a guest prefers to go off-site. Also, the shuttle will go to the Pentagon City Fashion Centre Mall which has some restaurants and a large food court. I am sorry that you found the hotel pricing to be hefty, but hope you enjoyed the food.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and for the review. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I once said this was a nice older hotel, but they have undergone plenty of renovations since I last stayed here, and I must say I'm impressed!

The room I stayed in seemed nothing like I remembered, and it was nice and comfortable.

One issue I had was being charged 15 dollars for a rollaway, I dont do it that often, but thats pretty steep in my opinion.

Breakfast was nice, service is nice, this is a huge property so be prepared to be slightly confused, but they do a good job of making sure you know where you are going.

There are two different towers to deal with, so keep that in mind also.

Its also in walking distance of the mall, which is great!

Good job Doubletree!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review your experience. It is so nice to read that you enjoyed the new look of the hotel. I am sorry that you were disappointed in the roll away charge and have shared that with the team. While I am unaware of any pending changes to that charge, we do often make changes based on guest feedback.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your accommodation and breakfast. It is appreciated that you noted we do work hard to make sure our guests know where to go. We have plenty of signage, but also our staff is more than willing to assist if needed.

Many of our guests really like having the option of walking to the Metro/Mall or taking the complimentary shuttle. Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Peabody
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights with a booking through Priceline in October of 2012 and got a huge suite on a lower floor overlooking Washington DC. We were most pleased with the stay and the conveinent location of the hotel and at low cost. It was amazing seeing the monument at night as well as the dome of the Capital. The free shuttle to the subway was great and ran every few minutes. The room was remodeled and all the employees friendly and welcoming. We really enjoyed our late night visit to the restaurant/lounge at the top of the hotel that rotated with awesome views. The drinks were good and strong and the late night burger delicious. When we visit our nation's capital again, we will not hesitate to make this our home away from home to feel welcome and safe and to simply gaze out at our nation's capital while relaxing in our comfortable suite!

Room Tip: Get a suite in the buidling that is remodeled through Priceline!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. It is nice to read that you had an enjoyable stay. The sites of DC are really spectacular; especially in the evening and we are fortunate to have a location that offers so many rooms that enable our guests to enjoy the view.

The Metro shuttle runs every half hour and it can be very convenient. It is also nice to have the option of walking to the Metro Station which is only 3 blocks away (7-10 min walk). I appreciate you mentioning that the staff was friendly and accommodating.

I am so glad to read that you enjoyed the Skydome. It is such a unique experience in the area and I recommend it to all of our guests. Thank you again for taking time to share your experience and we hope you return soon. Please know we will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Hotel staff went above the the call of duty to help all the runners for the Nike's Women's Half Marthon. The subways opened early that Sunday and the hotel made sure their shuttles ran to the subway before the normal time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for your review. I appreciate you mentioning the staff being accommodating and it is nice to read that you had a nice stay experience. We try to accommodate travelers here for a large citywide event and will do what we can to make sure our guests can attend any local festivities with ease.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Valparaiso, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed here with my fiancee for an anniversary celebration. I contacted Kevin Feldman who responds to these reviews before our stay, and he and all the staff went out of his way to make our stay special. The location is great for access to the Metro, and the views of DC and the airport were incredible. Our suite had clearly been recently renovated. The bed was comfortable. I wish they included hot items in the breakfast benefit for Golds/Platinums, but the continental selection included plenty of fresh fruits and some muffins that tasted very fresh and I'm sure were made in house.

Room Tip: If you're eligible for an upgrade or are willing to splurge on a room, try to get one of the sui...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for your review and for contacting me prior to your stay. I sincerely enjoy hearing from people that read my responses.

It is nice to read that you found the location convenient for your needs and that you enjoyed the view. We are fortunate to have such a great location that offers fantastic unobstructed views from many of our rooms and also allows our guest the option of walking (3 blocks) to the Metro. Of course, we also provide complimentary shuttle service for those that choose or need to ride.

The HHonors amenities are not set by the hotel, but by the Hilton Honors Department. Currently, the amenity is for a continental breakfast, but I will forward them your comment as they often make changes to the program based on guest feedback. I am happy to read you enjoyed your breakfast.

Thank you again for your review and for staying with us. Happy Anniversary! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

We chose this hotel strictly because of proximity to The Pentagon as we had an event there. The hotel has a dated feel. We upgraded to a room with a balcony and city view. We would have been just as happy with a higher floor room with big windows. If you sat in the balcony chairs, you had a great view of a wall. The suite we had was fine with one exception! The two room suite had a sitting area with one chair. No couch. No second chair. To watch tv together, we had to go to the bedroom. Seemed weird. Good location within walking distance of The Pentagon and Pentagon City Mall.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad you had the opportunity to stay in a suite that overlooks the city. To ensure our guests are safe, there is the need for the waist high wall at the end of the balcony. However, many of our guests really enjoy the fantastic views off the balcony and I hope you did too.

I hope you will contact me so I can identify the room number. Perhaps there was a piece of furniture missing from the living room as our balcony suites should have a sofa in them. I am glad to read that the location fit your need as it is a simple walk to the Pentagon and Metro.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.