“Large, quality hotel near National Airport” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rates from $99!
Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Large, quality hotel near National Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Efficient service and warm smiles will greet you at this very nice Doubletree but the rooms are very compact, with a tiny shower and toilet combination. Breakfast was tasty and the shuttle, shared with the Embassy Suites, was always on time and friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad you found the service to exceed your expectations. We work hard to ensure each guest interaction is a positive one. I am sorry you found the room to be smaller than you'd like. Please note the hotel has many different room types with many suites. Perhaps a different room type would offer you the space you are looking for.

The shuttle to the airport and Metro is a nice amenity. The drivers work hard to stick to the schedule to ensure our guests do not have to wait too long.

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Toms River, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed 4/25 and 26, 2013. The woman who checked my sister and I in lied about rates. The 7th floor reeked of air freshner as did our room. The decor is dated and and worn, the beds not comfortable, the pillows flat and hard and should be replaced. The overall feel of the hotel was that it was dirty...big slash in the wall by the tub..tiny bathroom. Don't eat in the
Skydome...dirty, old, ugly...something made the ice water, club soda and sprite all tasted like mold and the server didn't seem to care...no manager spoke with us...The food was not good either..I was told the manager was Brian Atkins, but I see someone else reads these reveiws. Would never stay there again. We told several people we were not happy but there was no concern. We travel alot and this was the worst hotel experience we've had....would never stay there again. Not worth the money and the coffee is way overpriced as was the cafe food items.

Room Tip: Stay in another hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am very sorry that you had a poor experience and would really like to speak to you to get some more details. The front desk agents typically get the rates from the reservations system, which would be the same rates found on -line. Without more details, I can not speak to why you feel you received bad rate information.

My apologies if the housekeeper used too much air freshner. It is really surprising to read that you did not like the comfort of the bed & pillows. We receive so many positive comments on the bed/pillows. In fact so many, that Doubletree now sells the same bedding for guests to buy for their homes. Hopefully, I will speak to you and can identify the room number so the Director of Housekeeping can look further into this.

i also offer my apologies that you did not enjoy your Skydome experience. I am unaware of anything in the water system as the same water is supplied through out the hotel. This is the first I have heard/read this type of complaint. Also being I am here just about every day, I drink the water often and have not noticed any different taste than I get in my home. The Director of Property Operations will look into this.

Brian Atkins is the Food & Beverage Director; I am another manager in the hotel. It is disappointing that you did not receive an appropriate response from the staff when you let us know of your concerns. We go over each review with the entire staff and will do so with yours. Also, we use each comment as a way to improve. I can understand why not receiving an apology and call from a manager would be disappointing. Again, I hope you contact me so we can try to make this up to you.

Thank you again for your review. I am very sorry we let you down and hope you will reconsider your decision not to stay with us again. I am confident that if given another opportunity that we can change your impression of the hotel and staff. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Frankfort, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

This was the conference hotel for a recent meeting. Room in the North Tower was nice enough and had a good views of several Mall monuments and the Capitol, but heard that the newly rennovated rooms in the South Tower were exceptionally nice. A little bit of a walk - several blocks - from the Pentagon City Metro, but the hotel did offer a free shuttle every 30 minutes and a free shuttle to and from Reagan Nationsl. Staff very nice. Nice view from Skydome on 14th floor.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. I am glad you had a nice stay. We are fortunate to have such a great location that many of our rooms offer an unobstructed view of Washington DC. It is nice to read that you could enjoy the view from your room.

We have gotten great feedback on our recently renovated South Tower rooms. However, I am glad you pointed out that your North Tower room was still nice. A lot of people get the wrong idea when they hear the North Tower is "unrenovated". We have so many guests that prefer the North Tower. The rooms in the North Tower are scheduled to be updated in 2014.

It is nice to have the option of walking or taking the shuttle to the Pentagon City Metro Station. While it is only a 3 block walk (7-10 minutes) sometimes after a long day of touring or if the weather is not the nicest our guests prefer the shuttle.

I recommend that all of our guests visit the Skydome. The view is the best you will find of Washington DC. I am glad you made it up there!

Coeur d Alene, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Staff very helpful in shuttle transporation, sights, etc. This is a very safe location and made seeing the city possible and affordable through connections to metro. Attending a conference here was a good experience with audio visual equipment, ease of getting to breakout sessions and high quality food.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. Having the complimentary shuttle and being within a short walk to the Metro definitely make getting into/out of DC simple. You are correct that it is more cost effective to stay right outside the city as it is just as easy to get to the tourist attractions from Crystal City as it is from a hotel inside the District.

We strive to make not only each guest stay a success, but also each function. It is nice to read that we helped your meeting experience be a positive one. Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Saunderstown, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I had left a prior review not so great... :( HOWEVER, we did return and had a lovely experience. The check in staff was helpful in directing us to which elevator to use to get to our room and bell hop was very friendly and met us with our bags immediately (no waiting). The shuttles to the Metro were on time and the drivers were informative. The hotel is very close to Pentagon City metro station and it's a nice neighborhood to walk in so during the day we did choose to walk it too. I am not sure of the area at night, but was told by the staff that it is safe at night too. The room was sparkling clean, the pool was great, parking garage is well lit.... what more can I say? I would go back next time I am going to D.C.

Room Tip: They have some rooms with refrigerators which may be helpful to some travelers.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am so glad to read that you came back and had a fantastic experience.

It is nice to have the option of walking to the Metro or taking the complimentary shuttle. many of our guests, like yourself, opt to walk since it is a simple 3 block trek. We have many guests that walk to/from the Metro in the evening too. However, like anywhere, it is best not to walk alone and do everything you can to remain safe. Thankfully, to my knowledge, we have had no negative issues with any of our guests walking back at night.

I appreciate you taking the time to mention that the staff was friendly and informative. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your return. We will work hard again to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Holtsville, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We were in the south tower. I am not sure if the south tower is a place they put people that are paying a discounted rate or not, but it certainly seemed that way. We had a handicapped accessible room which normally I don't mind (usually they are more spacious) but there was no room to put ANYTHING on the sink in the bathroom.
The lobby was nice but that was about it.
The noise between rooms was worse than ANY OTHER HOTEL I have ever stayed in. You could hear upstairs the maid vacuuming, the toilet flushing from all sides. The TV from the room next to us was coming through. The conversation between the person next door and her visitor kept me up until way after midnight. It was as if they were in our room. The noise from the people on the other side of us was also disturbing.

The only thing enjoyable about this stay was the cookie.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the south tower
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am very sorry to read that you did not have an enjoyable experience. We do not designate areas of the hotel based on the rate paid. Without knowing the specifics of your reservation I can not see if a handicap room was reserved. The hotel has been completely sold out during this busy month so it is possible that was the only room type available at the time of the reservation. I hope you will contact me so I can look into this further.

I am glad to read that you liked the look of the lobby. While there are times when guest noise from adjoining rooms is brought to our attention, in all honesty it is not that often. It is surprising to read that you found the noise from all areas surrounding the room to be a disturbance and I am very sorry that you had this disturbance. I do hope the readers of this review will read them any other reviews to know this is not a common challenge for our guests.

Thank you for your review and I do hope you will reconsider your decision not to return. I would be happy to have you stay in another area of the hotel. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Hotel accomodations were great. Transportation provided to and from the airport and the Metro station were an added plus. Rooms were clean and comfortable and the pillow top mattress was heavenly. Did not use any of the hotel's facilities or restaurants.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton