“Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 48 hotels in Arlington
Frankfort, Kentucky
“Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

This was the conference hotel for a recent meeting. Room in the North Tower was nice enough and had a good views of several Mall monuments and the Capitol, but heard that the newly rennovated rooms in the South Tower were exceptionally nice. A little bit of a walk - several blocks - from the Pentagon City Metro, but the hotel did offer a free shuttle every 30 minutes and a free shuttle to and from Reagan Nationsl. Staff very nice. Nice view from Skydome on 14th floor.

• Stayed April 2013
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. I am glad you had a nice stay. We are fortunate to have such a great location that many of our rooms offer an unobstructed view of Washington DC. It is nice to read that you could enjoy the view from your room.

We have gotten great feedback on our recently renovated South Tower rooms. However, I am glad you pointed out that your North Tower room was still nice. A lot of people get the wrong idea when they hear the North Tower is "unrenovated". We have so many guests that prefer the North Tower. The rooms in the North Tower are scheduled to be updated in 2014.

It is nice to have the option of walking or taking the shuttle to the Pentagon City Metro Station. While it is only a 3 block walk (7-10 minutes) sometimes after a long day of touring or if the weather is not the nicest our guests prefer the shuttle.

I recommend that all of our guests visit the Skydome. The view is the best you will find of Washington DC. I am glad you made it up there!

1,059 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Coeur d Alene, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Staff very helpful in shuttle transporation, sights, etc. This is a very safe location and made seeing the city possible and affordable through connections to metro. Attending a conference here was a good experience with audio visual equipment, ease of getting to breakout sessions and high quality food.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. Having the complimentary shuttle and being within a short walk to the Metro definitely make getting into/out of DC simple. You are correct that it is more cost effective to stay right outside the city as it is just as easy to get to the tourist attractions from Crystal City as it is from a hotel inside the District.

We strive to make not only each guest stay a success, but also each function. It is nice to read that we helped your meeting experience be a positive one. Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Saunderstown, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I had left a prior review not so great... :( HOWEVER, we did return and had a lovely experience. The check in staff was helpful in directing us to which elevator to use to get to our room and bell hop was very friendly and met us with our bags immediately (no waiting). The shuttles to the Metro were on time and the drivers were informative. The hotel is very close to Pentagon City metro station and it's a nice neighborhood to walk in so during the day we did choose to walk it too. I am not sure of the area at night, but was told by the staff that it is safe at night too. The room was sparkling clean, the pool was great, parking garage is well lit.... what more can I say? I would go back next time I am going to D.C.

Room Tip: They have some rooms with refrigerators which may be helpful to some travelers.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am so glad to read that you came back and had a fantastic experience.

It is nice to have the option of walking to the Metro or taking the complimentary shuttle. many of our guests, like yourself, opt to walk since it is a simple 3 block trek. We have many guests that walk to/from the Metro in the evening too. However, like anywhere, it is best not to walk alone and do everything you can to remain safe. Thankfully, to my knowledge, we have had no negative issues with any of our guests walking back at night.

I appreciate you taking the time to mention that the staff was friendly and informative. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your return. We will work hard again to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Holtsville, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We were in the south tower. I am not sure if the south tower is a place they put people that are paying a discounted rate or not, but it certainly seemed that way. We had a handicapped accessible room which normally I don't mind (usually they are more spacious) but there was no room to put ANYTHING on the sink in the bathroom.
The lobby was nice but that was about it.
The noise between rooms was worse than ANY OTHER HOTEL I have ever stayed in. You could hear upstairs the maid vacuuming, the toilet flushing from all sides. The TV from the room next to us was coming through. The conversation between the person next door and her visitor kept me up until way after midnight. It was as if they were in our room. The noise from the people on the other side of us was also disturbing.

The only thing enjoyable about this stay was the cookie.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the south tower
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am very sorry to read that you did not have an enjoyable experience. We do not designate areas of the hotel based on the rate paid. Without knowing the specifics of your reservation I can not see if a handicap room was reserved. The hotel has been completely sold out during this busy month so it is possible that was the only room type available at the time of the reservation. I hope you will contact me so I can look into this further.

I am glad to read that you liked the look of the lobby. While there are times when guest noise from adjoining rooms is brought to our attention, in all honesty it is not that often. It is surprising to read that you found the noise from all areas surrounding the room to be a disturbance and I am very sorry that you had this disturbance. I do hope the readers of this review will read them any other reviews to know this is not a common challenge for our guests.

Thank you for your review and I do hope you will reconsider your decision not to return. I would be happy to have you stay in another area of the hotel. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Hotel accomodations were great. Transportation provided to and from the airport and the Metro station were an added plus. Rooms were clean and comfortable and the pillow top mattress was heavenly. Did not use any of the hotel's facilities or restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Book online for parking discount which is awesome, the shuttle was on time driver excellent however the parking garage seemed extremely tight when turning corners to park car. From what I observed the hotel was very clean, close to DCA airport. They just need to expand there garage space!

• Stayed April 2013
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your review. We have many people flying out of Reagan National that book our park n fly packages (both with a room and without). It is an excellent deal and can be a big money saver when compared to the airport parking charges.

Like most garages in this area there are some tight fits. However, we have many large SUV's that park in the garage daily without a challenge. I appreciate you mentioning your observation on the hotel. I would love it if we could expand the parking garage, but I do not think there is room to do so.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you come to stay with us soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Rooms were very nice! We booked two rooms on booking dot c o m and got them for $94 each per night... Parking is $26a night self park and breakfast costs $16 per person... There's a wine shop next door on the corner where you can bring your own to the lobby otherwise it's $6 a beer and $8 for wine... Walk 2 blocks to crystal city... Ask for free warm cookie at check in desk!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your review. It is great that you found such a good deal for your rooms. I appreciate the good information you provided in your review.

It is nice to have the option of walking the 3 blocks to the Metro or enjoying the complimentary shuttle ride. While you can ask for a cookie, you should not need to as one is offered to all of our guests upon check in.