“Sorry to say I would not stay here again” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Rates from $99!
Ranked #31 of 47 hotels in Arlington
Holtsville, NY
“Sorry to say I would not stay here again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We were in the south tower. I am not sure if the south tower is a place they put people that are paying a discounted rate or not, but it certainly seemed that way. We had a handicapped accessible room which normally I don't mind (usually they are more spacious) but there was no room to put ANYTHING on the sink in the bathroom.
The lobby was nice but that was about it.
The noise between rooms was worse than ANY OTHER HOTEL I have ever stayed in. You could hear upstairs the maid vacuuming, the toilet flushing from all sides. The TV from the room next to us was coming through. The conversation between the person next door and her visitor kept me up until way after midnight. It was as if they were in our room. The noise from the people on the other side of us was also disturbing.

The only thing enjoyable about this stay was the cookie.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the south tower
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am very sorry to read that you did not have an enjoyable experience. We do not designate areas of the hotel based on the rate paid. Without knowing the specifics of your reservation I can not see if a handicap room was reserved. The hotel has been completely sold out during this busy month so it is possible that was the only room type available at the time of the reservation. I hope you will contact me so I can look into this further.

I am glad to read that you liked the look of the lobby. While there are times when guest noise from adjoining rooms is brought to our attention, in all honesty it is not that often. It is surprising to read that you found the noise from all areas surrounding the room to be a disturbance and I am very sorry that you had this disturbance. I do hope the readers of this review will read them any other reviews to know this is not a common challenge for our guests.

Thank you for your review and I do hope you will reconsider your decision not to return. I would be happy to have you stay in another area of the hotel. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

1,202 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Hotel accomodations were great. Transportation provided to and from the airport and the Metro station were an added plus. Rooms were clean and comfortable and the pillow top mattress was heavenly. Did not use any of the hotel's facilities or restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Book online for parking discount which is awesome, the shuttle was on time driver excellent however the parking garage seemed extremely tight when turning corners to park car. From what I observed the hotel was very clean, close to DCA airport. They just need to expand there garage space!

• Stayed April 2013
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your review. We have many people flying out of Reagan National that book our park n fly packages (both with a room and without). It is an excellent deal and can be a big money saver when compared to the airport parking charges.

Like most garages in this area there are some tight fits. However, we have many large SUV's that park in the garage daily without a challenge. I appreciate you mentioning your observation on the hotel. I would love it if we could expand the parking garage, but I do not think there is room to do so.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you come to stay with us soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Rooms were very nice! We booked two rooms on booking dot c o m and got them for $94 each per night... Parking is $26a night self park and breakfast costs $16 per person... There's a wine shop next door on the corner where you can bring your own to the lobby otherwise it's $6 a beer and $8 for wine... Walk 2 blocks to crystal city... Ask for free warm cookie at check in desk!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your review. It is great that you found such a good deal for your rooms. I appreciate the good information you provided in your review.

It is nice to have the option of walking the 3 blocks to the Metro or enjoying the complimentary shuttle ride. While you can ask for a cookie, you should not need to as one is offered to all of our guests upon check in.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I only stayed here one night and it was fine, but the rooms could use an updating. The lobby is very modern so I was expecting the same in my room, but it wasn't so. It was by no means bad and the room was clean, which is most important to me, but it was slightly disappointing. My room was also larger than I expected with a sitting area. Otherwise, it was a pretty average hotel and what you would expect for a Doubletree.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am happy to let you know that while some of our rooms/suites were renovated along with the lobby in 2012, we have been scheduled to have the remainder of rooms renovated in 2014.

I appreciate you mentioning that while your room was not a new as the lobby, it is still a very good room. A lot of people take the term "unrenovated" to mean falling apart, but in this instance that is not the case. In fact, we have many guests that really enjoy the North Tower rooms. Our staff works hard to keep all of our rooms clean and I am glad to read that you noticed this.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you return soon to experience a recently updated room. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Toms River, New Jersey, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Though the suite set-up is great for a family of 4 ,the hotel itself is all about the business traveler.The lobby is a large bar area and there are no children's menus in the restaurant. We were told there was a special price for the breakfast buffet for children but only if the adults also ordered the buffet. The Skydome restaurant was very nice and the wait staff were very attentive. The view of Washington was great at night.
We were very disappointed to learn the indoor pool ( a big reason for choosing this hotel) was only open 5PM to 10PM.Personnel showed very little concern for any issues.
Also be sure to check the bill when you leave. At check out I learned the added package I bought should have included breakfast but I never received the vouchers at check in. The bill was adjusted when I asked.

Room Tip: North tower is closer to pool & Skydome restaurant.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We have so many families stay with every day, but I am sorry to read that you did not find the hotel to be family friendly. We do have a children's menu available and I am sorry that it was not offered to you. I am glad you enjoyed the Skydome though as both kids and adults really love the revolving floor as well as the stunning views.

I am sorry for the hours of the pool were disappointing to you. We do post them on the website to help make sure our guests know prior to arrival. We used to have the pool open from 10am - 10pm daily. However, in the county of Arlington, a lifeguard is mandatory for all public pools and in the months when kids are still in school the lifeguard could go the whole week without a guest in the pool prior to 5pm. Therefore, approximately two years ago the decision was made to have the following pool hours:
--Between Labor Day & Memorial Day, Mon - Fri 5pm - 10pm/ Sat, Sun, and all holidays 10am - 10pm.
--Between Memorial Day & Labor Day the pool is open 10am - 10pm every day.

Once again, I am sorry the pool hours were a surprise to you, but hope you were able to enjoy the pool during your stay. it is always a good idea to check your bill prior to leaving any property; thank you for that tip. We do our best to ensure it is accurate and the large majority of the time it is. I am sorry the breakfast passes were not offered to you at check in as they should have been. I am glad the bill was adjusted, but again apologize to you. Also, it is disappointing that you left feeling the staff did not regard your concerns highly as that should not have been the case. Our staff reads every review and I am certain they will also be disappointed to read this as they do care and work hard to ensure our guests have enjoyable stays.

Thank you again for your review and I once again apologize that we let you down. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Great hotel with really comfortable beds and great pillows! If you get the right room you can open your drapes and see several DC Monuments! You are only a 3 minute walk from the Metro! When you check in they give you a chocolte chip cookie that is warm and will melt in your mouth!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. It is so nice to read about your enjoyable hotel experience. We are fortunate to have a location that can offer stunning unobstructed views of Washington DC from many of our rooms. I am glad you found the view rooms to be to your liking.

Many of our guests enjoy the option of being able to walk the 3 blocks to the Pentagon City Metro or taking the complimentary shuttle. The cookie is so good and a nice way to be welcomed to the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed it!

Thank you again for your review and for staying with us. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.