My husband, our 13-year-old son and myself stayed here for 3 nights. Overall it was a very good experience: The room was spacious and very clean, the bathroom and tub/shower worked very well and was very clean, the view of the Pentagon and the city was enjoyed. My son used a rollaway bed which was large and comfortable. Because it was spring break there were many teenagers in the hotel, and the pool was so crowded at one point that the lifeguard could not let any one else in. This however, is to be expected at this time of year. I agree that the charge for parking is ridiculous. I believe hotels should provide free parking for their guests. The other issue I had was when I booked the room on Hotels.com, I was told it had a "city view". But when I checked in I had to pay a $33 upgrade fee for that view. Fine, I didn't want to disappoint my son so I paid it. Then I was informed of a special deal that for $35 per day, we could get free wifi, parking and breakfast buffet for two. At first I didn't take it. Then later when my husband went to the front desk to obtain the "deal", he was told to come back for the buffet tickets. He went again even later to get the tickets and was told the buffet was for only one person. At this point I was ready to speak to the hotel manager. When we went down to the front desk yet AGAIN, I firmly asked for our 2 tickets for each day were we staying there. The front desk ladies made a face to each other, said something about it being "Hannah's fault" and grudgingly gave us the buffet tickets. Not very positive customer service. If you offer a deal to your customers, just give it! This was the only negative aspect of our stay at Doubletree, all the rest of the staff was great (particularly the wait staff at both the buffet and rooftop restaurant).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service hotel minutes from Ronald Reagan National Airport and located across the Potomac from Washington D.C. just two blocks from the Pentagon and Fashion Centre Shopping Mall. Houses the areas only revolving rooftop restaurant and lounge featuring views of the DC skyline. Amenities include luxurious guest rooms and suites with high speed internet access, fitness center, indoor heated pool, lobby bar, cafe, and fine dining restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton - Washington Dc - Crystal City Hotel Arlington
- Doubletree Hotel Arlington
- Doubletree Crystal City National Airport
- Doubletree Hotel Crystal City