“Fancy but a little out if the way” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rates from $89!
Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Dallas
“Fancy but a little out if the way”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Doubletree in Crystal City. We had a view of DC and a clean room. The metro is a short walk passed the Homeland Security building. A local shopping mall, a huge one, is close by too. I wish I had free WiFi and a fridge in my room. There are lots of options nearby that have these kinds of amenities. I'd stay here again but only if I couldn't find an affordable place with free WiFi.

• Stayed March 2013
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am so glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay. It is nice to have the option of walking to the Metro & Shopping Mall as they are only 3 blocks way (7-10 minutes) or taking the complimentary shuttle.

Some of our rooms do have refrigerators, but if yours does not we do have some available upon request. Please call the CARE line anytime during your stay for requests like that as we want to meet all of our guests needs. We offer some room packages that include Internet and recommend that all of our guests be sure to look at these options to find the package that works best for them.

You are correct, there are hotels in the area that offer complimentary Internet. To my knowledge, those are limited service hotels. I am unaware of any full service hotels that offer this amenity complimentary.

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. I do hope you return, and not only because others do not have availability. We will work hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
RGV, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I had a pleasant experience at the Double Tree in Crystal City. I have been going to DC for business fairly often the past few years, and I will certainly stay here again if the rates are the same (or even slightly higher). I was upgraded to a recently renovated suite. Moreover, as a Hilton HHonors Diamond member, the wi-fi is complimentary. And, we had the option of using our breakfast coupons as vouchers in the bars/restaurants the night before (including the Sky Lounge), which was great for us since we sometimes prefer to skip breakfast.
There is a complimentary shuttle to the DCA airport (5-7 minute drive) as well as to one of the metro stops. It is a bit far of a walk to the metro, so the shuttle is helpful. The staff we encountered were all very helpful. It is also nice there are several restaurant choices on the property; we thought the prices were reasonable considering it is hotel located in a very expensive metro area.

Room Tip: Some rooms have an excellent view of downtown DC monuments.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am so happy to read that you had a positive hotel experience and want to return. We do try to offer upgrades when they are available and i am glad we could extend this offer to you. Of course, the best way to ensure you get the room type you want is to book it at the time of reservations. As we enter our busy season it becomes much more difficult to offer room type changes. The HHonors program is fantastic as it is the only rewards programs that offers points and miles. We understand that our Diamond members visit us the most which is why the amenities offered are so nice.

Many of our guests really appreciate having the option of walking to the Metro, which is a 3 block walk (7-10 minutes) or taking the hotel shuttle. I am glad the shuttle service to both the Metro and Reagan National offered a great convenience to you. It is appreciated that you mention the staff as we work hard to offer each guest a nice stay experience. It is convenient to have options of dining in after a long day of meetings or touring. Sometimes, you just don't feel like going back out and on those nights taking the elevator to dinner is the best option.

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to your return and will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We booked a King Suite room & a Double bed w/ DC view room. The agent guarantee us that the rooms were next to each other & on a higher floor. When we reached, we found out the rooms were in two separate towers (South & North). My sister ended up being upgraded (for free) to a suite. She ended up losing the DC skyline view. I was told all the suites are recently renovated and are in the South tower. The room was was very nice/modern but not thoroughly cleaned. Soda & two water bottles were found in the fridge. A couple of napkins were found on the floor near the sofa, while plugging in our phone chargers. Bed was comfortable. Two flatscreen tvs; one w/ game access. Being we had a suite, it would have been nice if the room had sheets and/or blankets available to use for the sofa bed. For whatever reasons, we could not get the temperature in the room right. It didn't allow you to raise it no more than 75 degrees (Fahrenheit) so we were cold the entire night. Self-parking is $26/day & Wifi is $11.95/day. The hotel "store" is expensive, paid $20 for 4 bottles of soda (20 FL OZ); normally $1.75 each in a grocery store. The location is great, less than 10 minute drive to DC National Mall.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am very surprised that the reservation agent would guarantee the rooms would be next to each other as the Hilton Worldwide central reservation office is not located on property so they have no way of ensuring that would happen. Typically they will take the request and note it, but I had not heard of them guaranteeing this before. We work hard to make sure our promises are delivered upon so I am very sorry this was not the case and can understand why you would be disappointed upon check in.

Our view rooms and suites are in opposite towers, which explains why your sister's room was not next to yours. The majority of our suites have been renovated and I am glad she got to experience a newer room. However, it is very disappointing to read about the lack of cleanliness in the suite. The Director of Housekeeping would like to follow up on this, so I am hopeful you will contact me with the suite number. This is far below our expectations and I apologize to your sister that the suite was not prepared properly.

There should have been an extra blanket and pillow wrapped up in the closet. We offer this in all of our rooms & suites. Hotel gift shops tend to be more expensive than the local grocery store. There is a grocery store not far from the hotel should a guest prefer that option.

Thank you again for your review. I do hope you return soon and we will work hard to offer you a much better experience. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Chichester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Just spent long weekend at double tree for a Hilton very disappointing. No information to tell you where to go to. Receptionist on arrival was helpful but the one at the end was very miserable and not very helpful. Rooms very much needed renovation. Still in the 70's. the revolving Resturant was interesting, so very dated needs modernising. Clean however. Air conditioning very noisy. A 10 minute walk to the metro and shops.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with your stay. It is not clear what you mean when you say you needed information on where to go to. I am unsure if you mean in the area or within the hotel. I hope you will follow up with me directly so I can get more information on this. We want to correct whatever it is that let you down so no other guests have the same experience.

Also if we speak, I can try to identify the desk agents you mention as they often switch locations so I am not able to know who was unhelpful. I am sorry that this occurred as this should not have been the case.

We do have many rooms that have been recently renovated and we are excited for the remainder to be done in 2014. Our engineering team works hard to keep them updated and in order. I am sorry you were not happy with your accommodations.

Thank you again for your review. I do hope you return so we can work harder at exceeding your expectations and once again i am sorry you left here disappointed. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Pittsburg, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

This place is a low end Hilton. Needs updating. Wi Fi is $11.95 per day. Views were terrible from room and the only great thing about the hotel was the gym. Don't expect a 5 star hotel here. It is in need of a Major remodel. One other nice thing is they do have free shuttle to airport and pentagon mall. FYI mall is very high end but there is a Marshall's across the street from the mall.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am unsure if you reviewed the correct hotel as this is the Doubletree, not the Hilton, which you reference in your review. The Doubletree was just recently renovated as our Lobby, Lobby Bar, and drive up area are brand new. Approximately 170 of our rooms/suites were renovated and we are looking forward to the remainder being done in 2014. If you did review the correct hotel, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your experience with us.

Both the Doubletree & Hilton charge for Internet, as do all of the full service hotels within Hilton Worldwide. This is the same policy found in the full service hotels of all major hotel chains. However, we do offer complimentary Internet in our lobby, Lobby Bar, and business center.

The Doubletree does have fantastic views from many of the guest rooms. Of course, these views would only be from rooms that face Washington DC. At the time of reservation, please be sure to reserve a view room if this is important to you.

It is nice having the option of walking from the Doubletree to the Metro (3 blocks away) or taking the complimentary shuttle.

Thank you again for the review and please know that should you visit us in the future we will do our absolute best to exceed your expectations as we work hard to be much better than average. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Anaheim
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We booked on priceline for 1 night and got a great deal. The hotel is not as close to the transit station as I would have liked it to be but there is a hotel shuttle that will take you there. The rooms were comfortable and average. Bed was comfortable. Cookies were warm and good. Wifi is not free and I didn't want to pay xtra just to have it for 1 night. We got to the hotel early and requested a room with a view; however when we got to the room we didn't have the view we wanted (not really a deal breaker for me). I really don't have any complaints.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad to read that you had a positive hotel experience. It is nice to have the option of walking (3 block walk; 7-10 min) or taking the complimentary shuttle to the Pentagon City Metro Station.

The cookie is a tasty way to be welcomed to the hotel and it is great to read that you found your bed to be comfortable. We try to accommodate all requests, but the best way to ensure a certain room type is to book it at the time of the reservation. I am sorry we did not meet your request for a view room. I hope you went up to the Skydome to enjoy the fantastic view from there.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I loved everything about doubletree in Alexandria from the incredible customer service to the amazingly comfortable beds. Everything about staying at the doubletree was a non forgetable experience. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. My family and I will also be visiting again really soon. #DoubletreeIsTheBest!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your review. I know you meant Arlington and we were really happy to have you stay with us. It is nice to read about your excellent hotel experience.

Thank you again for the review and for the recommendation. We look forward to your next visit and as always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.