We arrived on Sat 27th Oct 2012 - unfortunately 'Hurricane Sandy' arrived on Sun 28th ! So we had to spend 48hrs confined to inside the hotel as everywhere closed down around 6pm on Sunday night and didn't open up again until late on Tues afternoon (30th). Our original room was up on the 12th floor of the North tower with fantastic views of DC, but after a sleepless night on Sun 28th because of wind noise and the door banging at the end of the corridor where the renovations were taking place, we asked to be moved and we were given a suite on the 3rd floor of the South tower - brilliant suite ! Kevin Feldman, one of the Managers, sent us a tin of their fabulous cookies plus some other vouchers for in-room movies and free breakfasts and discounts off food in the restaurants together with an apology that 'Sandy' had come to visit the same time as us ! We made a point of asking to speak to Kevin to shake his hand and say thank you for his kindness... We were able to resume our holiday on Weds (31st Oct) & Thurs (1st Nov) with trips over to DC - a short cab ride - to see the sights and do a tour of the Capitol building and a 3 hr Segway tour, before flying home on Fri (2nd Nov). Clearly 'Sandy' changed most of our plans - but this just means that we shall have to go back to DC to do the stuff we didn't get chance to do. This was our 1st ever trip to DC and we feel very fortunate that we chose to stay at the Doubletree by Hilton, Crystal City, Hotel. The staff were all wonderful and really looked after us. I would just like to single out Kevin Feldman for special thanks and also massive thanks to Terrance Dyson on the front desk, who was an absolute star and joy every time we spoke to him and asked him a question, Terrance also gave us lots of tips and advice about visiting DC - and you were right Terrance, we definitely will be back to stay at the Doubletree by Hilton, Crystal City !!! Thank you for a great stay everyone !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service hotel minutes from Ronald Reagan National Airport and located across the Potomac from Washington D.C. just two blocks from the Pentagon and Fashion Centre Shopping Mall. Houses the areas only revolving rooftop restaurant and lounge featuring views of the DC skyline. Amenities include luxurious guest rooms and suites with high speed internet access, fitness center, indoor heated pool, lobby bar, cafe, and fine dining restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton - Washington Dc - Crystal City Hotel Arlington
- Doubletree Hotel Arlington
- Doubletree Crystal City National Airport
- Doubletree Hotel Crystal City