“Great Place for Family on a Tight Budget” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport

Save Saved
You added Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2020 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202 (Formerly Days Inn Crystal City)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
A Summer Getaway for 2
Ranked #31 of 48 hotels in Arlington
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Great Place for Family on a Tight Budget”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

We were a little iffy about this hotel at first, but we took a chance because of reviews we had read here. They were on the money. This hotel was great. It is close to the Metro, restaurants, shopping and even a CVS. The roof top pool is on the 4th floor. The kids loved it. It was also great for the budget. It was almost half the price of the downtown DC hotels. The service was great and parking was cheaper there than the hotels downtown too.
Our only complaint was the sleep number bed. We had only heard about them on tv and were so excited to sleep on one. To us it was only a glorified air mattress. The remotes for the bed didn't seem to work well and it was hard to find a good number in such a short amount of time. I lucked out and slept great. My husband didn't have them same. Regardless, we still slept well.
If it is luxury you are looking for, this might not be the hotel for you. But if you are looking for a clean, comfortable place to crash after a day full of sight seeing, this is definitely the hotel for you.
We will stay there again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

474 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Woodstock, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

This hotel was very nice, excellent location, clean, comfortable, however not runner friendly. My friend and I were staying (we reserved two rooms) at the hotel the weekend of the Marine Corp. marathon. When we inquired about how late could we check out, the manager said absolutely NO LATE CHECKOUT. Which meant we couldn't come back to our rooms after running 26.2 miles and take a shower and pack our things. The manager said they set aside two rooms for roughly 100+ runners/guests to take showers after the marathon, and would put our luggage in the luggage room to hold. That was totally unacceptable to us, besides I had a flight to catch and couldn't wait in line to take a shower. I ran fast and took a shower in my room anyway, even though the maid was already cleaning my room. I made her wait. But my friend got back to the hotel at 2:00pm which isn't unreasonable, and she said they already CLOSED the two rooms set aside to take showers and they told her she was out of luck. She argued and I guess they finally let her take a shower. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard and will never stay at this hotel again. I've traveled throughout the country to run marathons and have never had this issue. No where when I made the reservation did it state marathon runners (specifically) would not be allowed late checkout.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

Located in Crystal City, the Radisson is just minutes away from Reagan National Airport. The hotel provides a free shuttle and I waited about 15 minutes for it to arrive. The hotel lobby is very small and in need some of touching up. Check in went smoothly and the staff was always courteous. The bellman was less than friendly and never offered a greeting or smile. The rooms are quite nice. The SleepComfort bed was just OK. I tried many different settings and didn't notice much of a difference. I had a wired remote so it may have been an older bed. There was a selection of pillows which I appreciated. The wireless internet was fast and worked flawlessly, My only complaint was that my room has a pass-through door to the next room and it transmitted every sound. I could even hear the person next door burb! The first night a Spanish-speaking family stayed up and talked loudly past 1 in the morning. I finally took a sleeping pill to get some rest. The next morning the person's clock radio was set on the news which I could clearly hear in my room. I would change rooms except I have all my stuff laid out and it would be a hassle. Just be sure to get a room without a pass-through door and it may be better. The food in the restaurant is decent and the prices are reasonable for a hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

I'm sitting in my room right now with a smile on my face. I'm not sure if people in general in DC are this friendly or if it's just the staff here at the hotel. Everyone I've encountered so far has such a great attitude.

First off, the hotel provides a free shuttle from the airport. I called the hotel just after I got off the plane and only had to wait about 5 minutes before the shuttle arrived.

I arrived at the hotel well before check-in time and the woman at the front desk tried as hard as she could to get me in to my room as early as she could. I decided it would be easier to check my bag at the front desk rather than rush everyone.

I spent the day seeing the sights and came back to the hotel to finally check-in. Antoine checked me in and it was friendly, quick, and painless.

I dropped my bag in my room, took a quick nap and then went to the hotel restaurant for a bite to eat. William served me and was just wonderful.

Now, during my quick nap I discovered that I could hear trucks making deliveries which I figured would wake me up early in the morning. After dinner I went back to the front desk where Antoine was totally sympathetic and moved me to a quieter room. He even let me check the room before I committed to it.

The sleep number bed seems interesting and was definitely comfortable during my nap. The first room had a wireless remote for the bed while the second room has a wired remote. Another quirky thing was the toilet seat in the first room wouldn't stay up as it was too close to the countertop. This was not a problem in the second room.

I don't come to DC often, but if I return I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

Good location in Crystal City. The room was a standard room. Has the sleep number comfort bed in which you could pick the firmness/softness of the mattress. I did not feel that it worked all that well. The front desk clerks were pleasant. There was nothing about this that was exceptional but if you want no surprises this is a place to stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

I stayed here for a work-related training event and was very impressed with the facility. First, when I called for a shuttle from the airport, I only waited about 5 minutes (or less). They were friendly on check in and showed me where I would need to go to get to my class. My room was clean; internet was free and fast (and I didn't have to go looking for a cable, it was right in the drawer); it had a microwave and fridge which I didn't use this trip, but could imagine using on personal travel. There are just a few items that I was even remotely dissatisfied with. First the faucet on the sink was set too far back on the countertop so it was hard to wash without getting water all over the counter. Second, was that the walls were pretty thin so I could hear the neighbors coughing and such. Thankfully the room's thermostat had a fan setting so I could run that all night to drown out any such noise. Finally, I couldn't get the dial a number bed to work for me even after reading the instructions. It would either go higher than I set it or lower and I don't know why. A more savvy person may have been happier with the bed. The things I liked most was the friendly staff, accessible shuttle, and it seemed to be in the middle of everything. The metro was only a few blocks away and I could find shopping and sights by taking that a few minutes in any direction. There was even some nice underground shopping just across the street and some great eating placed within walking distance. The shuttle was made available to take me to some of the nearby shopping and every time I took it, I didn't have to wait long at all and the driver was always so friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

Basic. Utilitarian. Serves a purpose. Everything about this property screams average. Stayed here for 3 nights as renovations were done on my house. The location is great. Metro is 2 blocks away; Pentagon City mall is 5 blocks; National Airport nearby. Some nice neighborhood bars around the corner. The Sleep Number Bed is an absolute joke...glad I never fell for the advertising and bought one for my house. Don't expect a view of anything as this hotel is located in Crystal City and you either get a view of neighboring buildings or the traffic on Jefferson Davis Highway. Average.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!