“Excellent Value & Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport

You added Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2020 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202 (Formerly Days Inn Crystal City)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
A Getaway for 2
Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Brick, NJ
“Excellent Value & Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2009

We stayed one night, 4/4/09, and booked a King sleep number bed for only $99. When we arrived, we were upgraded to a Junior Suite! Room was excellent & the bed was extremely comfortable. The road noise was a bit loud but tolerable. Bathroom was small but very clean. There was free coffee in the room plus a refrigerator & microwave. We ordered breakfast from room service & it arrived promptly at the time requested. The 2-egg omelette was more like a 4-egg omelette - very large, fluffy & delicious.

We selected this hotel for it's location & value. Wanted something affordable yet not too far from DC and convenient to the Metro. Well it was only a 2-3 block walk to the Metro from the Hotel! Also, parking for our car was free!!!

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Salem Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2009

My 6 nite stay at this hotel was wonderful! When I arrived at the airport, I called for the free shuttle, and within 10 minutes was delivered to the hotel. All the staff were very gracious and helpful. There was actually a need for me to change rooms, due to a water leak, and the Hotel manager made sure that he was personally at the front desk to apologize for the inconvenience, and to compensate I was moved to a mini suite. Both rooms were very very clean, and very comfortable and of course the sleep number bed just makes it perfect!
This hotel is very reasonably priced, the neighborhood is pretty nice, so walking at nite wasn't an issue, the metro is a couple blocks away, there is a fun underground shopping center, as well as a multitude of restaurants walking distance from the hotel. I am definitely looking forward to stayng here again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Western Springs, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2009

My husband, son and I were looking for a place with a good value. This place had it all. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The people at check-in were helpful and even recommended a great sports bar, Crystal City Sports Bar, very close by. Great food and fun atmosphere. The location to the metro was wonderful. Only a few stops and you are in DC. The airport was about five minutes away and there are all kinds of eating venues within walking distance. If you are looking for a beautiful hotel with more amenities, you will pay more money. We were there for the sight seeing in DC and did not spend time at the hotel except to sleep. Tip: Ask for a room away from the front of the building since you will hear back-up sounds from the Enterprise Rent-a-car van. This may disturb some people.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
austin, tx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2009

I travel for business at least 25 times per year, so I've seen a lot of hotels and their staffs, but this place gets my award for worst. I'll get right to the point.

Pros:
*Location

Cons:
*Lamp in my room was broken and never fixed
*I was told to sit anywhere at breakfast one morning, then approached by a fellow guest who told me I was in the seat he had been given by the hostess. Not a big deal, but embarrassing and inconvenient.
*One night I smelled smoke in my room that smelled even stronger in the hallway. Another guest described an electrical popping noise she heard in a room near mine to hotel staff. Hotel staff appeared to not be able to find the problem and just waited until the smell went away. Not sure if follow-up was performed. High-rise hotels are a very, very bad place to be in a fire (I was on a high floor).
*I put a room service breakfast order door hanger on my outside door knob for breakfast before going to sleep. The kitchen called 30 minutes before my order was scheduled to arrive (waking me up) and asked for clarification on my order (which was only eggs and coffee...you order by putting checks in check boxes and I know I filled it out correctly). Then, at the end of the delivery time window I had selected, the kitchen called and said, "We can't give you breakfast because the computer is down and we can't charge you for it." Really guys? Miserable customer service. They, like every other hotel I've ever stayed at, could have charged my credit card (which they had on file) when the system came back up. My advice, stick with Hilton or Marriott chains.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
suzie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2009

My grandson and I stayed here for the inauguration 15-22 January/ it is close to the aiport/ close to Metro/ and close to a variety of restaurants with mcdonalds and subway just 1/2 block away. Michael at the front desk and Daniel the asst mgr were ALWAYS helpful, eager and kind...the entire staff went out of their way to accomodate. The room had a bit of an "even temp regulation" problem but it was VERY cold outside. This place is GREAT

• Liked — location and service
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Modesto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2008

My husband and I stayed here for eight nights during our recent trip to Washington D.C. This was my first visit to D.C. but my husband had been here a few times for business but had not stayed at this hotel. I chose this hotel based on the positive reviews from this site, the price, the location and the accessibility to the metro. It turned out to be a good place to stay. Many hotels in D.C. are costly and this hotel was one of the more reasonably priced. The metro is just a few blocks away and we took the metro in almost every day to D.C. as we did not have a car. One day we took a Gray Line Tour and they picked us up and returned us to the hotel.

The room was comfortable and I liked the bedding. I note on this site that many people liked the sleep number bed, but my husband did not like it. I thought it was okay, but I could have done without it. The hotel staff seemed pleasant enough. We ate breakfast at the restaurant once, it was a buffet and it was passable. There were restaurants in the area within walking distance and we ate at one Italian restaurant that was very good.

I absolutely loved visiting Washington D.C. It is definitely one of the most interesting cities I have ever been to. I could have stayed there for days seeing all the sights. It is such a beautiful place! I would recommend this hotel and especially D.C. for an unforgettable vacation.

• Liked — Price and accessibility to the metro
  • Disliked — Some noise from the streets, hotel lobby area not very big
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Houston, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2008

Room was clean, bed was ok. Price was great....AAA $80. Got there at 8, did a little work, went to bed and got up at 5, so didn't really experience much. Coffeemaker, minifridge in room. Business center downstairs worked great. There were two bed lamps that I couldn't turn on....didn't know if they were broken or maybe there was a switch somewhere but if you want to lay in bed and read this would be a problem.

I was catching a 7 am flight Sunday morning and the front desk told me they could not provide me with the 5 minute shuttle to the airport....but they would call me a taxi ($12). I opted to walk next door to the Enterprise Rent-a-car which provided a 6 am shuttle. When I came down at 5:45 am, there were two men working so not sure why one couldn't provide me transportation. It's not like they were busy.

If you do opt for the Enterprise option, BE AWARE, there's a con-man who waits there for vulnerable victims. While I was sitting on the Enterprise bench, he pulled up in black "for hire" car so I assumed he was a taxi. He asked if I needed a ride, he'd be glad to take me....saying it in a way that you feel he's doing you a favor....or I almost thought HE was the Enterprise guy. Being wary, I just said no that I wasn't in a hurry (although I was). Just then the Enterprise guy showed up and shooed him away. He told me on the way to the airport that he'll give you the 5 minute ride and then charge you $25.

• Liked — close to airport
  • Disliked — wouldn't provide transportation to airport
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)