“4 Stars for what I was looking for.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport

You added Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2020 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202 (Formerly Days Inn Crystal City)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
A Getaway for 2
Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Chicago, Illinois
“4 Stars for what I was looking for.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

I rated this Hotel 4 stars for the two criteria that were important to me. 1. Value 2. Convenience
1. Value- The cost of a 2 Queen Bed room was very reasonable. The beds were amazing! The size of the room, bath, and shower was big enough for me and my two teenagers. Free Wi-Fi was good, but did slow down during peak usage. Refrigerator and Microwave was helpful. I was initially concerned that our room was directly across from the elevator, but didn't hear anything from the hallway once the door was closed.Free shuttle to/from Airport and Metro. Pool was small, but good for a dip after a warm day of site seeing.
2. Convenience- 5 minute shuttle ride from the Airport. Just call when you arrive. 2 block walk to the Metro. 10-15 minute train ride to the sites. CVS pharmacy 1 1/2 blocks down the street to stock the refrigerator. Nice mall of shops/restaurants across the street including Subway, Buffalo Wild Wings and Chili's.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Stephanie W, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel! I am pleased to see that we were able to meet all of your expectations. Next time your travels bring you back to our area, it would be a pleasure to have you stay with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

for the location and price can't be beat. There was some remodeling going on but it did not affect our stay. There are lots of great restaurants nearby. The DC Metro station is only 2 blocks away....as is a Dunkin Donuts.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel!
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

We got a great deal to stay at the Radisson through Hotwire, cheaper than a private room in a hostel which is well worth it. We were able to check in early which was nice and the staff were really pleasant. The room was nice, clean and spacious.

We ate here on the first night as there was a huge a thunderstorm and we were surprised with the quality of the food, size portions were big and the price was reasonable. Taking the metro to the mall was really easy and would recommend staying here for visiting the city as well as an airport hotel.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive feedback about your stay with us. I am pleased to see that you are satisfied with our services as well as our location. If your travels bring you back, it would be a pleasure to have you stay with us again as one of our valued guest!
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We stayed here for one night after our one day tour through Washington and our King Size room had a massive bed with room to move around. The lobby at the hotel is well presented and the staff were very pleasant. The bathroom was tiny, as was the bath but the areas were clean and comfortable. We hired a car to look around Washington and were able to return it to the Enterprise location right next to the Radisson which was so convenient and hassle free especially since we had to get up early for a flight the next morning. The breakfast choices were good although you had to ask for juice and water from the waiters (presumably this is done so you are obliged to tip). Free shuttle service to the airport was great. We tipped the driver $1 per bag for his 5 minute drive to the airport but he looked at the money with disgust- shame on you driver. Would stay here again. Extra tip- there’s a great Mexican place within walking distance- Cantina Mexicana- best chimichunga’s.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We really appreciate your feedback and will use it as a tool to better improve our services. We will also make sure we speak with all of our shuttle drivers regarding this matter. We hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations. The next time you are in the area, it would be a pleasure to have you back!
Sugar Land, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We arrived about midnight. Front desk was very courteous and informative. Breakfast was free from only 5-6 am way too early and short. It is 14.95 after 6 am. Our family was excited about our trip and we were talking at a normal level, we received a call from the front desk that we were too loud. Hence, the thin walls. Shuttle took me to the airport first thing in the morning as soon as I asked.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Stephanie W, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us!
I am pleased to see that our Front Desk staff made such a positive impact on your stay.
If you are ever in the area, it would be a pleasure to have you stay with us!
Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a one night stopover as we had an early flight the following morning. Hence proximity to Reagan Airport and the free airport shuttle service were important to us. Thoroughly enjoyed our time here and would gladly return for a longer stay. Between the free shuttle service and the metro (which is in close walking distance) found we could easily reach the tourist sites and some delightful shopping centres! Will most certainly consider this hotel for any future visits to DC

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for considering our hotel for your future travels to the DC area! We appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to having you stay with us again.
Pasadena, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night with my sister, her 2 kids, and my parents. My sister, her kids & I arrived at DCA and got the free shuttle to the hotel, which was convenient. I couldn't find the "courtesy phone" mentioned in my reservation, so we just called, and 10 minutes later, the shuttle arrived. The driver was helpful in getting all our bags and the stroller into the back.
Check in was efficient, and the other desk clerk was very efficient in helping 2 other guests with their needs at the same time, including reuniting a little girl with her lost iPod, hooray!
We had 2 adjoining rooms on the 8th floor, which was perfect for our family of 6. We requested a free baby crib, and it was sent to our room about 5 minutes after we arrived. The room was a little cramped with 2 doubles, a desk, an armchair and the baby crib, but we made do. The beds were very comfortable. The desk lamp had 2 outlets built into the base, which was convenient, but I wish they also had the same lamp on the night stand between the 2 beds. There were no other outlets near the bed, which was inconvenient because I like to use my phone as a sound machine all night, but that only works if it's plugged in. In the adjoining king-bed room, my parents were able to move the lamp with the outlets next to the bed to be able to plug in their phones on the nightstand, which worked well. The bathroom was nice, good water pressure in the shower. We definitely appreciated the refrigerator in the room, which helped with the baby food. My dad LOVED how cold the air conditioner got, and my mom was grateful for the extra blanket in the closet. We appreciated how many delicious restaurants were just 2 blocks away, which made going to dinner easy for us all. Parking was a bit difficult as the structural poles are next to the parking spots in a way that the driver has to be very careful not to hit them, and the $20 fee was unpleasant but not entirely unexpected in this area. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would stay here again, though they did not recognize my Club Carlson status or give me the free gift.

Room Tip: We liked the 8th floor far from the elevator. Didn't hear any other guests, even though I know...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Stephanie W, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel!

I am sorry to hear that you were not recognized as a Club Carlson member. If you have a moment and would like provide me with the first and last name on your reservation, I would be able to gather information to ensure a similar situation does not occur again for any of our other guests. You can email me directly at swells@soundhospitality.com

Regardless of your response, I want you to know that your comments were heard and we will be working diligently to exceed all guests' expectations.

We really appreicate your positive feedback and would love to have you stay with us the next time your travels bring you back into the area!

Been to Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!