“Nice pit stop for family” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport

You added Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2020 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202 (Formerly Days Inn Crystal City)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
A Getaway for 2
Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Pasadena, California
“Nice pit stop for family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night with my sister, her 2 kids, and my parents. My sister, her kids & I arrived at DCA and got the free shuttle to the hotel, which was convenient. I couldn't find the "courtesy phone" mentioned in my reservation, so we just called, and 10 minutes later, the shuttle arrived. The driver was helpful in getting all our bags and the stroller into the back.
Check in was efficient, and the other desk clerk was very efficient in helping 2 other guests with their needs at the same time, including reuniting a little girl with her lost iPod, hooray!
We had 2 adjoining rooms on the 8th floor, which was perfect for our family of 6. We requested a free baby crib, and it was sent to our room about 5 minutes after we arrived. The room was a little cramped with 2 doubles, a desk, an armchair and the baby crib, but we made do. The beds were very comfortable. The desk lamp had 2 outlets built into the base, which was convenient, but I wish they also had the same lamp on the night stand between the 2 beds. There were no other outlets near the bed, which was inconvenient because I like to use my phone as a sound machine all night, but that only works if it's plugged in. In the adjoining king-bed room, my parents were able to move the lamp with the outlets next to the bed to be able to plug in their phones on the nightstand, which worked well. The bathroom was nice, good water pressure in the shower. We definitely appreciated the refrigerator in the room, which helped with the baby food. My dad LOVED how cold the air conditioner got, and my mom was grateful for the extra blanket in the closet. We appreciated how many delicious restaurants were just 2 blocks away, which made going to dinner easy for us all. Parking was a bit difficult as the structural poles are next to the parking spots in a way that the driver has to be very careful not to hit them, and the $20 fee was unpleasant but not entirely unexpected in this area. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would stay here again, though they did not recognize my Club Carlson status or give me the free gift.

Room Tip: We liked the 8th floor far from the elevator. Didn't hear any other guests, even though I know...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Stephanie W, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel!

I am sorry to hear that you were not recognized as a Club Carlson member. If you have a moment and would like provide me with the first and last name on your reservation, I would be able to gather information to ensure a similar situation does not occur again for any of our other guests. You can email me directly at swells@soundhospitality.com

Regardless of your response, I want you to know that your comments were heard and we will be working diligently to exceed all guests' expectations.

We really appreicate your positive feedback and would love to have you stay with us the next time your travels bring you back into the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Canton, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

My family stayed here while visiting DC. The location isn't bad because the metro is pretty close. Our room was small. The pool was small. No hot tub. Breakfast not included. Every day, the shuttle driver made sure to back up the shuttle so the back up alarm would keep us from sleeping in.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We use our guest feedback as our most effective way to listen to our guests and improve our service accordingly.

I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our accommodations. I noticed that you were not happy with the size of the room reserved. I would like to inform you that we do have much larger rooms which would be our Executive Suites, which sleeps up to 5-6 people.

If you are ever back in the area, please email me directly and I will be more than happy to ensure your stay is much more enjoyable!

I want to thank you again for bringing these issues to our attention so we can address it and continue to grow as a hotel. We do our best to provide outstanding service and accommodations and we thank you for providing us with the means to do so. If your travels bring you back to the area it would be our pleasure to have you back as our guest!

If you have any questions or concerns please email me directly at swells@soundhospitality.com.
Arlington, Va, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

My room was not a business class as reserved. The room was next to a guests laundry facility, the toilet was not functioning, they did not recognize Club Carlson. The restaurant was closed after lunch crowd, and no room service. The staff were not at all what you would expect to have to service the Capital city of the United States.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Tim H, Manager at Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Dr. Donald S

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property.
First and foremost I want to sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that may have occurred during your stay. We strive to service our guest and especially our loyal Carlson Concierge Club Member such as yourself and on this occasion we did not exceed your basic expectation;

I am very disappointed to hear your negative experience with us. I am sorry if our restaurant in our hotel fell below your standards due to their operation hour. Additionally, I apologized for the troubles you have encountered with our room situation. Your concern for restaurant has been brought to our Director of Food and Beverage, who will be looking for the best solution.
We recognized you as our loyal Carlson Concierge Club member. Due to the fact, we upgraded your room on our executive floor. However it is most disappointing to hear that you heard a lot of noises from laundry facility and your toilet did not work properly during your stay. I will bring the matter and discuss with our chief Engineer to ensure that similar problem does not occur for any of our future guest.

Please accept my sincere apologies for bad experience during your stay.

I would like to extend an invitation to you and your family to stay with us the next time your travel should bring you to Arlington, Virginia. At such time if you can be so kind as to contact me directly (703-842-1641) I will personally ensure that your stay is VIP; I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We value you as a guest and we hope that you would still give us a chance and allow us to redeem your faith in our hotel.
Alexandria, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This is a great hotel venue if you want nearby shops, restaurants, and metro - as well as close to National Airport. I was on the Airport side of the hotel and no noise problems. Great friendly and knowledgeable staff.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well as our location. We hope to have you stay with us again the next time you are in the area!
Wauconda, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The greatest strength in this hotel is its easy access to both Reagan Airport and the Metro anywhere in DC. (Use the back door to get in and out to the Metro-it saves you a few blocks walking.) The location in Crystal City also provides access to numerous restaurants and shops within a few blocks of the hotel. The rooms are clean and comfortable, though there is a good deal of noise from the streets. The staff was considerate and helpful.

Room Tip: Even number rooms are rather noisy along the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I am pleased to see that our location was convenient and that our staff was helpful throughout your stay! If you are ever back in the Crystal City area, it would be a pleasure to have you stay with us!
Trencin, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Hotel is located close to the Ronald Reagan Airport and a few mins drive from Pentagon or DC city center. Rooms are clean and comfy, parking is easy. It is a good value hotel with friendly and helpfull staff.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback about your stay! If your travels bring you back into the area, it would be a pleasure to have you back!
Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I stayed last month in this hotel and I must say it is really fantastic and the quality of service is 5 star. very neat room to the restaurants which really satisfied my craving for international food.. The service of the staff is outstanding as they are always there before you need them. I suggest you go and try this place….Good job and I am coming back in a not so distant future

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Stephanie W, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for sharing such positive feedback about your stay!
I am pleased to see that our location was convenient and you enjoyed our nearby restaurants. If you are ever in the area, we would love to have you back!

Been to Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!