“Nicely placed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport

You added Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2020 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202 (Formerly Days Inn Crystal City)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
A Getaway for 2
Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Doha, Qatar
“Nicely placed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

All in all a pleasant stay. The staff member checking me in gave me completely wrong information regarding which metro to catch. Luckily the chart on the wall I was able to work it out myself. Bed was really comfortable and bar maid really friendly and attentive. Dinner of ribs was over cooked and I heard other regulars complaining their food was not as good as in the past. However I would recommend to stay there.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Stephanie W, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am pleased to see that your overall experience with us was enjoyable. I will personally speak with the Chef about your concerns so that we may find a solution to better serve our guests.
If you are ever back in the area it would be a pleasure to have you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The hotel is in a convenient location and close to the metro. Relatively clean rooms and the front office staff are very nice. The roof top pool is also very nice. However........
Housekeeping is lacking. Rooms are not cleaned very well, beds are not made. They just pull the comforter up, and toiletries are not replaced daily. The concierge has an attitude for some reason and there is literally no vanity space in the bathroom. And the sleep number beds are literally the worse mattress I have ever slept on. It's like sleeping on an air mattress with a decline on both sides. And a daily charge of $20.00 for parking is a little steep when you factor in the high room rates for a mediocre hotel. We stayed here a week and will probably not be back.

Stayed June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am pleased to see that our hotel's location was convenient for you during your stay.

Our Housekeeping Manager has been informed of your concerns and I can assure you, she is working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur for any of our future guests. Also, we understand the inconvenience of paying a parking fee however, our parking fee of $20/night is the lowest parking fee in the Crystal City area. We hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expecations the next time you are in the area.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback! We do our best to provide outstanding service and accommodations and we thank you for providing us with the means to do so.
Wahiawa, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Close to the metro. I wouldn't count on them picking you up from the metro station, though. Easy to get to the blue/Orange line which can get you virtually anywhere. Watch out for the con man working in the front. Tried to get me on a tour, by paying him, then paying for the tour. The room was very comfortable with firm mattresses and pillows. Breakfast is $14 but tasty and convenient. I would stay at The Radisson Hotel again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Stephanie W, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I would like to take this time to apologize for the staff member on duty who may have sold the tickets at a higher rate. I have taken this matter to the entire manangement team and we have agreed to terminate this employee. I can assure you this will not occur again at our property.

However, I am happy to see that our location was very convenient for you. We hope to have another chance to exceed your expectations the next time you are in the area.

Stephanie
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

This hotel is conveniently located in Crystal City, only a few minutes from Reagan airport and less than two blocks from the Metro (Crystal City stop). There are shops, bars and restaurants all within walking distance, and the National Mall and monuments are about a 25 minute metro ride away. This is definitely a good alternative to staying in the city, it's much cheaper and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We really appreciate your positive feedback. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay. It will be a pleasure to have you back as one of our guests the next time your travels bring you back to the area.
Jackson, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I had four rooms reserved. I called two days prior to add individual names to each room, the receptionist entered one name incorrectly which caused a problem.

I called back the next day to get the confirmation numbers and they could not find the 4th room. Thanks to Yousef, we were able to solve the problem.

We arrived late at Reagan National, I called the hotel for the shuttle service, as requested, the night guy had a terrible attitude. We waited outside of door #5 as instructed. After 30 minutes of waiting for the shuttle, I called back. He told us to either catch a taxi or walk!!!!

There were 150 people in line waiting on a taxi. By this time it is 1 o'clock in the morning.

Finally one of my guys contacted the police and they gave us a courtesy ride to the hotel.
The gentleman working the front desk didn't even have the audacity to offer an apology.
Terrible attitude.

The room was decent, carpet was dirty, but the bed compensated for that.

Breakfast was nice and so was dinner at the on site restaurant.

Bottom line, the night personnel is a disservice to this hotel.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Tim H, Manager at Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am pleased to note that you found our front desk staff(Yousif) to be excellent and helpful and you enjoyed our breakfast at our restaurant
On the other hand, I am disappointed to hear your negative experience with us. I am sorry if your stay at our hotel fell below your standards due to staff attitude and shuttle situation. We take pride in our “ Yes I Can culture”. It is most disappointing to hear that you did not receive this level of service. I will take the matter seriously and discuss with our front desk team and van drivers to ensure that a similar situation does not occur for any of our future guest.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We value you as a guest and we hope that you would still give us a chance and allow us to redeem your faith in our hotel.
San Dimas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My brother and sister in law and my wife stayed at the Radisson during the second week of May. We were picked up at the airport immediately and breezed through the check in. Ate breakfast every morning at the hotel café and it was really great. The servers were very friendly. Since we stayed 8 nights we had the same server most of the time. She knew exactly what we wanted before we did. Easy access to the subway. They will take you in a van or it is a two block easy walk. I would highly recommend this hotel. Since this is a family destination your room could be noisy. We had a problem with noise one night out of 8.

Room Tip: During May you are at the mercy of the Junior High Kids. Every year 100,000 or more swarm the Capit...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Stephanie W, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay at Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us!
I am happy to see that our Restaurant Server provided outstanding accomodations to you and your family. Thank you for giving such well-rounded comments. We hope to have you back as one of our guests the next time your travels bring you back to the area.
Wheaton, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My boyfriend and I did a quick weekend getaway to Washington DC. Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport was reasonably priced, had free shuttle service to and from the airport and was only a 2 block walk to the Crystal City Metro station. Hotel room was clean and spacious. Beds were large and comfortable.I would recommend this hotel to any tourist visiting the DC area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport and choosing to share your experience. We are very happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay. Our team looks forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area!

Been to Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!