“Convenient with great service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport

You added Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2020 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202 (Formerly Days Inn Crystal City)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
A Getaway for 2
Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Brooklyn, New York
“Convenient with great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

This hotel is conveniently located in Crystal City, only a few minutes from Reagan airport and less than two blocks from the Metro (Crystal City stop). There are shops, bars and restaurants all within walking distance, and the National Mall and monuments are about a 25 minute metro ride away. This is definitely a good alternative to staying in the city, it's much cheaper and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Stephanie W, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We really appreciate your positive feedback. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay. It will be a pleasure to have you back as one of our guests the next time your travels bring you back to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Jackson, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I had four rooms reserved. I called two days prior to add individual names to each room, the receptionist entered one name incorrectly which caused a problem.

I called back the next day to get the confirmation numbers and they could not find the 4th room. Thanks to Yousef, we were able to solve the problem.

We arrived late at Reagan National, I called the hotel for the shuttle service, as requested, the night guy had a terrible attitude. We waited outside of door #5 as instructed. After 30 minutes of waiting for the shuttle, I called back. He told us to either catch a taxi or walk!!!!

There were 150 people in line waiting on a taxi. By this time it is 1 o'clock in the morning.

Finally one of my guys contacted the police and they gave us a courtesy ride to the hotel.
The gentleman working the front desk didn't even have the audacity to offer an apology.
Terrible attitude.

The room was decent, carpet was dirty, but the bed compensated for that.

Breakfast was nice and so was dinner at the on site restaurant.

Bottom line, the night personnel is a disservice to this hotel.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Tim H, Manager at Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am pleased to note that you found our front desk staff(Yousif) to be excellent and helpful and you enjoyed our breakfast at our restaurant
On the other hand, I am disappointed to hear your negative experience with us. I am sorry if your stay at our hotel fell below your standards due to staff attitude and shuttle situation. We take pride in our “ Yes I Can culture”. It is most disappointing to hear that you did not receive this level of service. I will take the matter seriously and discuss with our front desk team and van drivers to ensure that a similar situation does not occur for any of our future guest.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We value you as a guest and we hope that you would still give us a chance and allow us to redeem your faith in our hotel.
San Dimas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My brother and sister in law and my wife stayed at the Radisson during the second week of May. We were picked up at the airport immediately and breezed through the check in. Ate breakfast every morning at the hotel café and it was really great. The servers were very friendly. Since we stayed 8 nights we had the same server most of the time. She knew exactly what we wanted before we did. Easy access to the subway. They will take you in a van or it is a two block easy walk. I would highly recommend this hotel. Since this is a family destination your room could be noisy. We had a problem with noise one night out of 8.

Room Tip: During May you are at the mercy of the Junior High Kids. Every year 100,000 or more swarm the Capit...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Stephanie W, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
I am happy to see that our Restaurant Server provided outstanding accomodations to you and your family. Thank you for giving such well-rounded comments. We hope to have you back as one of our guests the next time your travels bring you back to the area.
Wheaton, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My boyfriend and I did a quick weekend getaway to Washington DC. Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport was reasonably priced, had free shuttle service to and from the airport and was only a 2 block walk to the Crystal City Metro station. Hotel room was clean and spacious. Beds were large and comfortable.I would recommend this hotel to any tourist visiting the DC area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport and choosing to share your experience. We are very happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay. Our team looks forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area!
Hampton Roads, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Stayed here one night while attending 2014 Rolling Thunder. Very clean hotel. Outstanding staff. One thing that annoys me while staying in a hotel, with numerous floors, is the elevator wait time. These are minutes that one will never regain during his lifetime. They are useless and lost for eternity. You are anxious to leave the hotel and begin your adventure, but a slow elevator just pisses you off by wasting precious vacation time. At the end of the day you are tired, feet hurt, kids at their wits end, and a slow elevator just irritates you and delays putting it all to an end. This hotel ensures you are not waiting at either time. For me, this is a plus. There are many restaurants within walking distance of one or two blocks.

I did hear the roar of groups of Harley's as they passed by the hotel, but this is why I came, and one would have a hard time not hearing just my Harley by itself, Other than the groups of bikes, I heard no street noise. Unless I find a hotel that cleans my bike, brings me ice cold beer as I sit in a chaise lounge beside the road checking bikes rolling by, and shuttles out steaming hot Nacho's at my beck and call, I will be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay at Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for giving such well-rounded comments. We are so fortunate to have many wonderful employees that take such pride in taking care of our guests. We enjoy having you all here every year to celebrate Memorial Weekend! We hope to see you again next year!

Stephanie Wells
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Nice hotel, but I've stayed in better. For the price I would've expected nicer, but overall not bad at all. Rooms are nice and big. The bed was comfortable. Everything was nice and clean. I did not like that you could hear noise in the rooms very easily. If people were talking in the halls you could def hear it. Don't get a room by the elevator or you will hear it too. Easily within walking distance to the metro which is nice. Parking is onsite and was easy to park in, however that is an additional $20 charge per night! Compared to the other hotels in the area their rates are more reasonable.

I'd probably stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We use our guest feedback as our most effective way to listen to our guests and improve our service accordingly.

I am sorry to hear that noise from other rooms/elevators was an issue for you during your stay. During your next visit, please do not hesitate to request a higher floor room away from any connecting rooms. We believe these rooms are much quieter. Overall, it seems as though you enjoyed your stay with us and we are very pleased. We hope to have another chance to exceed your expectations!

I want to thank you again for bringing this issue to our attention so we can address it and continue to grow as a hotel. We do our best to provide outstanding service and accommodations and we thank you for providing us with the means to do so. It would be our pleasure to have you back as our guest!

If you have any questions or concerns please email me directly at swells@soundhospitality.com.
Ames, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

My wife was in DC a few days before me for business and I flew out to meet her. Since we were flying in and out Reagan and drive down to the OBX, NC for several days, staying near the airport made sense. We usually stay at Marriotts because of a family connections, but everything in the area was booked for the days we were to be in the DC area. I selected the the Radisson mainly because it had rooms available and had a rental car office on site. For the cost it is a nice place and the hotel staff is every friendly and accommodating. The building could use a face lift and some exterior sound deadening.

However, the location is very good. There are numerous restaurants with in walking distance and there are free shuttles to Pentagon City Mall, Crystal City Metro station and Reagan. Our flight home wasn't until 8:30PM the last day, so we checked out and used the complimentary luggage storage for the bags, took the shuttle to Pentagon City Mall and walked to the 911 memorial at the Pentagon. From there we bought day passes for the Metro and went sight seeing in Arlington and DC. After a full day of the sights, we took the Metro back to Crystal City and called for the shuttle. On the way from the station to the hotel we told the driver we would be heading directly to Reagan after grabbing the bags. When we arrived at the Radisson the shuttle drive retrieved the bags and loaded them in to the van for us.

The only real downside I came away with is the hotel's restaurant staff. Though pleasant in manner, many of them seemed disinterested in the work or the customers.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I am happy to see that our location was very convenient and overall you had a pleasant stay with us.

I was not happy to hear that our restaruant staff did not make you feel welcomed. I can assure you that your concerns will be passed along to the Department Managers to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

If your travels bring you back it would be a pleasure to have you back as one of our guests!

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
swells@soundhospitality.com

Stephanie Wells

Been to Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!