“A nice stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport

Save Saved
You added Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2020 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202 (Formerly Days Inn Crystal City)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
A Summer Getaway for 2
Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania
“A nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Very convenient location to the metro and airport. Our room was nice and clean, but some amenities were either not provided or did not work. There was no hair dryer, but my wife always brings one along just in case. One of the controllers for the sleep number beds needed a new battery. The front desk staff is friendly and courteous. The lobby area is bright, spotless, and inviting. Access to self parking is easy and convenient. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Honolulu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We were exhausted a super home away from home

Clean

all staff kind and polite -- our 2nd visit we will be back
Arrived tired burnt out the man at the front desk made us feel at home

The Get things done attitude of Nagash (front desk) + others

The old travel industry had an expression: “Orchid and / or Onion letters to the boss ….this is an “orchid” to a nice hotel - well run

- we will be back aloha
It is always a pleasure in any walk of life or endeavor to see professionalism demonstrated. All mentioned are “professional" e ....
It is always a pleasure in any walk of life or endeavor to see professionalism demonstrated. People say America is getting soft in mind and body.

Room Tip: Call ahead
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Delray Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I just spent a three day stay in this hotel and was surprised at the service offered.
The hotel seemed clean, has a nice-looking restaurant (although I can not vouch for the food) and the location is ideal for access to the airport and/or Washington, DC by means of a shuttle or subway close by, respectively.
But: during the evenings I would stay up late with my family and I would request not to be disturbed during the mornings (by hanging the tag outside the door). My room was respected and no one knocked or attempted to open its door for servicing, but the slamming of the doors on the next rooms (both sides and across the hall) by the cleaning staff did not comply with my request of "Do Not Disturb".
Also, every day there were less towels in the room. Apparently the staff did not replace the ones used. At the end of the third day, on my return that afternoon, only one large and one medium towel was available in the bathroom.
The A/C in the room was noisy; a bit annoying.
The main attraction to this hotel was its price. On this holiday weekend I was able to book for just $79.00/night, when all other hotels in the same area were $189.00-400.00
I would return to this hotel, if the same rates applied.

Room Tip: Staff slams doors when cleaning rooms. Not a place to sleep late.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Location close to Metro, good price on room. The hotel service directory says you can ask for a late checkout, as late as 6 pm. I asked. The best they could do was 1pm. The room was fairly standard – big and pretty comfortable. The hotel is about 2 – 3 blocks from the Crystal City metro station, and I paid a comparatively decent price for the room. The bathroom was reasonable and clean, but the shower never got more than lukewarm, regardless of how high I turned the water heat. It wasn’t a water heater issue – the sink water got plenty hot. Overall, my complaints are minor, and the price of the room was decent, and it was a comfortable room with decent access to nearby restaurants and the Metro.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Juneau, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Radisson is our choice for dependability when traveling, and this was no exception. Choosing a hotel in the DC area isn't easy, not because there aren't plenty of options; the prices fluctuate wildly from day to day, and it's difficult to judge the surrounding environment. Trip Advisor maps and reviews help so much; this proved to be a fine choice for a quiet, clean, easy to find hotel that had convenient access to the Metro and the highway system. It did NOT have the sleep number beds that many Radisson hotels have, at least not in our room. Desk staff were professional and helpful; restaurant personnel were extremely slow, and by contrast the concierge pushed a little too hard, promoting tours and taxis with which he seemed to have a relationship. Overall, not a bad choice, and we would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
McFarland, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The staff was wonderful - I arrived early and they were very busy with marathon runners - they helped me get a taxi to a museum and room was ready - clean, fresh, nice when I got back. Staff was excellent - got me taxi at 4:15 am to return to airport when I left. Location was super convenient - near metro and airport. Very quiet and comfortable bed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were arriving in Washington late, and we chose this place because it was close to the airport and the metro stop, and had a pretty good rate. I didn't think I would need to worry, because Radisson has a pretty good reputation. I turned out to be wrong.

Problems started as soon as we arrived. We found our key didn't open our door. My wife pointed out that hotels rarely put "Do not disturb" signs on empty rooms, and I realized with some alarm that the reason the lock was flashing red *and* green was that the key was right but someone had (thank God!) locked the door from the inside. We went back to the desk, where the clerk confirmed somewhat nonchalantly that he had "gotten confused" and given us keys to a room that was occupied! He keyed our cards for a new room and (I swear I'm not making this up) *called the room* to confirm it was vacant. I think this was supposed to reassure me, but all I could think of was that maybe they were too busy having sex to answer the phone. Luckily, this turned out not to be the case. The room was nice (and empty!) and the bed was comfortable.

We were out most of the next day. When we returned, we found that the beds had been made and the towels replaced, but the trash hadn't been emptied, our dirty glasses and coffee cups were still there, and the coffee supplies hadn't been restocked. I've stayed in some real fleabags, with some marginal cleaning standards, but I've never had a maid leave trash in the room. I called the front desk to complain (guess to dial 0 after the "front desk" button turned out to be a non-functional prop). Someone came by, took our dirty coffee mugs, lefts a few packets of coffee and told us someone would bring clean cups shortly. This never happened. The next morning, when we went to make coffee in styrofoam cups, we discovered that all the coffee they gave us was decaf!

We headed down for breakfast (and to get some caffeinated coffee!). The hostess told us it would be a short wait while they cleared a table. As we waited, I noticed there were at least three open, fully set tables and that the one dirty table was being diligently ignored by the single, overworked busboy. After waiting quite a while and watching the busboy pass the table several times without touching it, the hostess said (without looking) that it would be a few more minutes. I finally asked if we could take one of the several open tables. She looked at me like that was a very odd request, but somewhat reluctantly agreed. As we sat down, we heard someone complain that there were no eggs in the buffet. We looked at each other and - realizing how the breakfast would play out - got up and left. If we hadn't, I'm confident I would have another story or two.

I'm a pretty understanding person, but this was three pretty major screw ups in two nights, even though we were out sightseeing most of the time. There are plenty of hotels in the area, and I'm sure you could do a lot better for the same money, and would be well advised to avoid this place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for alerting us of our areas that need attention. We care what each one of our guests has to say about their stay and we know that if it is serious enough for you to mention it, then it is absolutely something that requires our devoted attention to resolve.

We will be working with all departments to improve the guest experience and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to do so.

Nick M.

Been to Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!