“Quiet and Clean” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport

Save Saved
You added Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2020 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202 (Formerly Days Inn Crystal City)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
A Summer Getaway for 2
Ranked #30 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Juneau, Alaska
“Quiet and Clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Radisson is our choice for dependability when traveling, and this was no exception. Choosing a hotel in the DC area isn't easy, not because there aren't plenty of options; the prices fluctuate wildly from day to day, and it's difficult to judge the surrounding environment. Trip Advisor maps and reviews help so much; this proved to be a fine choice for a quiet, clean, easy to find hotel that had convenient access to the Metro and the highway system. It did NOT have the sleep number beds that many Radisson hotels have, at least not in our room. Desk staff were professional and helpful; restaurant personnel were extremely slow, and by contrast the concierge pushed a little too hard, promoting tours and taxis with which he seemed to have a relationship. Overall, not a bad choice, and we would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
McFarland, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The staff was wonderful - I arrived early and they were very busy with marathon runners - they helped me get a taxi to a museum and room was ready - clean, fresh, nice when I got back. Staff was excellent - got me taxi at 4:15 am to return to airport when I left. Location was super convenient - near metro and airport. Very quiet and comfortable bed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were arriving in Washington late, and we chose this place because it was close to the airport and the metro stop, and had a pretty good rate. I didn't think I would need to worry, because Radisson has a pretty good reputation. I turned out to be wrong.

Problems started as soon as we arrived. We found our key didn't open our door. My wife pointed out that hotels rarely put "Do not disturb" signs on empty rooms, and I realized with some alarm that the reason the lock was flashing red *and* green was that the key was right but someone had (thank God!) locked the door from the inside. We went back to the desk, where the clerk confirmed somewhat nonchalantly that he had "gotten confused" and given us keys to a room that was occupied! He keyed our cards for a new room and (I swear I'm not making this up) *called the room* to confirm it was vacant. I think this was supposed to reassure me, but all I could think of was that maybe they were too busy having sex to answer the phone. Luckily, this turned out not to be the case. The room was nice (and empty!) and the bed was comfortable.

We were out most of the next day. When we returned, we found that the beds had been made and the towels replaced, but the trash hadn't been emptied, our dirty glasses and coffee cups were still there, and the coffee supplies hadn't been restocked. I've stayed in some real fleabags, with some marginal cleaning standards, but I've never had a maid leave trash in the room. I called the front desk to complain (guess to dial 0 after the "front desk" button turned out to be a non-functional prop). Someone came by, took our dirty coffee mugs, lefts a few packets of coffee and told us someone would bring clean cups shortly. This never happened. The next morning, when we went to make coffee in styrofoam cups, we discovered that all the coffee they gave us was decaf!

We headed down for breakfast (and to get some caffeinated coffee!). The hostess told us it would be a short wait while they cleared a table. As we waited, I noticed there were at least three open, fully set tables and that the one dirty table was being diligently ignored by the single, overworked busboy. After waiting quite a while and watching the busboy pass the table several times without touching it, the hostess said (without looking) that it would be a few more minutes. I finally asked if we could take one of the several open tables. She looked at me like that was a very odd request, but somewhat reluctantly agreed. As we sat down, we heard someone complain that there were no eggs in the buffet. We looked at each other and - realizing how the breakfast would play out - got up and left. If we hadn't, I'm confident I would have another story or two.

I'm a pretty understanding person, but this was three pretty major screw ups in two nights, even though we were out sightseeing most of the time. There are plenty of hotels in the area, and I'm sure you could do a lot better for the same money, and would be well advised to avoid this place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for alerting us of our areas that need attention. We care what each one of our guests has to say about their stay and we know that if it is serious enough for you to mention it, then it is absolutely something that requires our devoted attention to resolve.

We will be working with all departments to improve the guest experience and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to do so.

Nick M.
New Brunswick, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I stayed here to participate in a ten mile running event around the DC area. I chose this hotel for the sleep number bed they stated they had. The problems:
1. hotel concierge not knowing the area or the hotel he worked for. When asked about places to eat in the area he said "yeah, just walk outside up and down the street and you will find something to eat".
2. When I checked in I drive an F150 and asked if my truck would fit in the parking deck they said sure not a problem. The were correct it would fit going in. However, the security arm on the way out drags on the roof.
3. The sleep number bed only knew the number "5" since the batteries died the first nite and my back was stiff just in time for my 10 mile run.
4. The cleaning crew was great. The took my dirty towels and garbage but left me no clean towels, didn't change my sheets or make my bed even after I left the plastic card from the room as indicated if you wanted your sheets changed everyday. Then they left their cleaning supplies in my room as if to tell me to clean my own room.
5. And to top it all off I was charged a $118 fee for no reason which was eventually put back on my card.
Overall this was a horrible stay and my body felt the effects of their wonderful sleep number bed "5" for a few days added with the pain of my run.
Thanks Radisson never again!!

M. Acevedo

Room Tip: Bring your own batteries if you get a sleep number bed and make sure you change them before you go t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your honest feedback clearly shows some areas where we could stand to improve our service and I wanted to thank you for allowing us the opportunity to do better.

This review will serve as a training tool to help us grow and continue to fine tune our operation.

Nick M.
Durham, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Room was clean and nicely furnished. The location is really convenient and within a few minutes walking distance to the subway stop. My only complaint is with the happy hour at the hotel bar. I ordered sliders from the bar menu and thought that the discounted price was due to the happy hour promotion. Therefore, when I got 3 sliders instead of 5 (as described in the restaurant's full menu), I was a little peeved. Mathematically, it cost more per slider if you order off the happy hour/bar menu than the regular hour/full restaurant menu. What the hell! I asked the manager what was up with that since all the alcohol listed on the same bar menu is obviously discounted to reflect happy hour pricing. He made up some lame excuse about how happy hour doesn't imply discount prices...what an idiot!!! So stupid! Oh, and he also told me that bar policy required me to order off the bar menu only, but people next to me were ordering off the full menu.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I booked this hotel using my Carlson club points this why I picked this hotel. Visiting DC for 2 days we needed a bed for the night. While a few miles out from the centre we easily rode the yellow line to crystal city. An easy five minute walk to the hotel. Staff on the front desk was very helpful. We arrived after 11pm so it wasn't busy. We were upgraded to a business room that included free breakfast.
Room was a good size and very comfy beds. Clean and all amenities you would expect. Free wifi was included as standard.
Breakfast included a buffet with plenty of choice. There was also the option of choosing off a menu.
A slight mix up saw us be charged for the breakfast by the restaurant staff. At $30 dollars for two it's not worth that. It was quickly sorted out & a good free breakfast.

I would recommend this hotel to friends visiting the city if they don't mind a 15min journey out of the city. I think it's worth it & saves you money.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!