“Great value for DC travellers” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport

Save Saved
You added Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2020 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202 (Formerly Days Inn Crystal City)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
A Summer Getaway for 2
Ranked #31 of 47 hotels in Arlington
Hamilton, Canada
“Great value for DC travellers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed here for quite a while for a big project in Washington DC. Every day I would take the subway into downtown DC.. crystal city metro stop is a short (less than 10 minute) walk from the hotel, so it was very convenient, and I think they will also give you a ride to or from there if the shuttle is available.

Speaking of shuttle, free shuttle to and from the Reagan Airport was great.

Location is incredible. There isnt much of a view out the window, but everything you could ask for is in the neighbourhood. Some great restaurants, convenience stores, pharmacy... The breakfast is hot buffett style and is delicious... though it isnt free, I did notice a lot of people had vouchers for free breakfast, so might be a good idea to look out for that when booking. There is free coffee in the lobby which is nice. The restaurant and bar seemed like a decent place to eat or unwind with a drink, but ther were so many places I wanted to try around the hotel, I never ate dinner there.

I had some nice solo nights out throughout my stay, the neighbourhood seemed fine to me.

Rooms are pretty nice, bathrooms are good, beds are comfortable, and not too small. HBO channels are a nice touch.
They advertise that they have sleep number beds, but not all rooms do.. if thats something that would matter to you make sure to ask.

I didnt swim in the pool, or have a car so I cant comment on the swimming or parking.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have the advertised sleep number beds.. if thats important to you, be sure to ask.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

446 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Amherst, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We went to DC on a family trip for two days and stayed here in a two double bed room. It was clean, spacious and the beds were very comfortable. The location is pretty decent if you have your own car because all the major DC attractions - Smithsonian Museums, Capitol Hill, White House, Jefferson and Lincoln Memorials are just a 10 min drive away. Bear in mind parking is not free. It was 20 dollars when we went there. The staff at the check-in counter was efficient but not warm, but that is okay. The housekeeping was not the best we have seen. After cleaning the room, they left dirty glasses behind. That being said, our overall experience was quite good. We would therefore recommend staying here. We had got a really good offer online, so it was definitely value for money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This hotel is only two blocks from the metro, which was extremely handy to use going into DC. It is also only 5 minutes from the airport. Our room was very spacious, with free wifi, refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. There were plenty of shops and restaurants nearby for us to visit. The room was very clean and was well taken care of each day. The staff at the front desk was helpful and friendly. We will use this hotel again if we are in the area.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on a high floor and got a room on the 8th floor. Nice view of the neighborhood.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed there three nights during our 4th of July DC tour. The hotel is situated close to the metro station (Crystal City) and it takes less than 10 minutes to go there (walking). Good amount of restaurants around there. Friendly staff, clean and decent rooms with quick check-in.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I spend more than 15 days in this hotel it was a worst time in my life , because of a shuttle car , they prefer people going to the airport than the others , and nobody care a bout others who they want go to pentagon city mall or any other places ... most time I was calling more than three time after 40 to 50 minutes shuttle doesn't show up as usual ! And they say shuttle car at the airport he will be there after 10 to 15 minutes and nothing , so I have to take a taxi after 40 to 50 minutes Of waiting the shuttle ! Did the airport people paying more than others??? What is the problem ???
Gring

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Booked for my son and his new wife leaving for Florida after the wedding, arrived after midnite, room was 86 degrees, kids didnt get to sleep at all , complained via email. Instant response, waived the charges for room, $90 plus their breakfast before leaving, they apologized many times, a fluke I would assume, but they made it right.

Room Tip: If your arriving late, call have temp in room set for your arrival .
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Round Lake, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Hi,

I recently stayed at the hotel, 7/12/-7/15. Here is my experience.

When I checked I was a little turned off by the arguing between the two front desk attendants, but I didnt allow that to affect me much. When I went into my room, I noticed there was a "basement smell" Then noticed that the sheets and carpets were damp....(Still not sure what that was about) I notified the front desk and they switched me to a clean and dry room.

Now, here is where the cockroaches come into play. While getting dressed for an early morning meeting, I looked down and saw a huge cockroach. I was disgusted and felt violated. I notified the front desk, the guy then tells me this isnt the first time cockroaches have been found in the rooms.

Please do not stay at this hotel. If you have to, please check your belongings before leaving.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Nick M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
I wanted to thank you for waiting for me to arrive on the morning of your checkout so we could personally discus what had happened during your stay. I sincerely apologize about the issues you faced and again wanted to remind you that this is a rare occurrence that we are currently working to rectify.

I'm glad you gave us the chance to reimburse you monetarily and help you relocate, but I understand that these instances are hard to forget and do leave a lasting impression and we cannot apologize enough about how that impacted you and your fellow travelers.

Thank you again for making sure management was made aware of this so we make sure this issue is resolved.

Been to Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!