“Great price, so close to everything!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport

Save Saved
You added Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2020 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202 (Formerly Days Inn Crystal City)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
A Summer Getaway for 2
Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Sacramento, California, United States
“Great price, so close to everything!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here this week for four nights. Had never been to DC before so I didn't know how far we would be from the major tourist places. Metro is a block and a half away and quickly gets you everywhere you need to go. Rooms are spacious and clean. Restaurant serves yummy food but a little pricey. I recommend eating at Crystal City at the metro (a whole little city under the street). Happy hour at the bar has great appetizers and deals on local beers and wines. Overall a great value and would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Check in was matter of fact, no hello or welcome to the Radisson. My request to be close to my friends room was not honored or any attempt to move me was denied. The desk clerk was matter of fact and barely looked up at me when i questioned why my request wasn't honored. The request was made through the Radisson Reservation office well in advance of our arrival. The room was clean and adequate. The bar and restaurant is inadequate for a nice meal, more like bar food. The bar closes very early on weekends. The bar staff were very pleasant but truly did not want to stay open past 1130 PM .

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor. We were on the 2 floor and the heat and a/c main units were noisy at times.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Booked for $60 a night on Hotwire. Got a free upgrade to an executive suite at checkin. Room was spacious and the king size bed was comfy. On site restaurant was good, but my wife's salad was too spicy to eat. To remedy it, the hotel refunded our $20 parking pass to cover her $10 meal, couldn't have gone better. Would stay at again the next time we're in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located in Crystal City and, in comparison to some of the newer hotels, much more affordable. The hotel is definitely dated -- in serious need of some renovations. The rooms are adequately large, good wifi, decent prices if you need anything from the snack bar. The "sleep comfort" beds need updating.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I was a chaperone for a large high school band group that stayed here for 3 nights. The rooms were very clean and quiet and the hotel staff was wonderful in accommodating our group. They provided a separate breakfast for our 270 members daily with efficiency and curtesy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

The Radisson is conveniently located - close to everything, but on the other side of the Potomac, so traffic isn't as bad. There is a free shuttle to and from the airport, shops and restaurants of all kinds within 2 blocks (same with the Crystal City Metro stop). The Old Towne Trolley will even pick you up there and take you into town to see all the sights. It's only $39/day or $59 for a two day pass. The rooms are clean and well-kept. The breakfast buffet and other restaurant meals are very good. The bar has a good happy hour. The front desk staff are very helpful and pleasant. I would stay here again. It is remarkable quiet for being so close to the airport. We never heard airplane noise and didn't even see a plane until our last day there.

Room Tip: If your room is on the back of the hotel, it might be quieter because the highway in front can get a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I puchased a room thru Expedia to stay the night, which was a bit of a mistake because when I had checked out the Radisson web site the cost was the same, however it was just more convienient for me to book through my expedia app. Just note that when you do this you don't get any kind of rec't from the desk and, if you want to complain - like I almost did - it gets complicated. I also think that I got a bit of a crappy room because it was booked through expedia but who knows. I stayed in a kind standard room and it was room 425 which happens to be RIGHT next to or behind the elevator. Yes, you can hear the elevator. I thought about complaining before I went to bed but when you have the air on or tv it isn't as easy to hear - but I also don't have mouse earring AND I wasn't doing anything critical the next day so I was laid back about it. However, I did consider complaining and maybe changing rooms. Turns out I just got so tired I fell asleep (days without sleep, though) and it was fine. The bed was comfortable and really so was everything else. The room and furniture are older, I didn't have a sleep number bed and it was really comfortable, and I liked the blankets and little touches like a bunch of pillows and a table in the room, etc. There was a fridge also and couch and small coffee maker, etc. The TV is good, I didn't mess with it a whole lot and there aren't a ton of free channels but it was fine. I was only in the lobby for a bit and had a smooth and nice check in. I had to ask a lot of questions about shuttle (which was free and GREAT) and food and stuff - it is always nice when the front desk volunteers info but to be fair there was a lot of folks down there and he seemed busy. I also inquired about a small discount because of a connection to Radisson but I didn't get it because the hotel was busy (boo). I didn't see or use anything related to food or working out in the hotel - I basically just went straight to my room. I did order Thai food thru 24/7 app and it was great! There are restaurants a short walk away, though, so no stress if you don't have a vehicle. I didn't ask about amenity shopping and didn't see stores but there might be some within a mile walk. Rooms were clean. Again, I think my room was most likely one of the old crappy ones and I'm not excited it was given to me. I also think that there should be disclosure - if a hotel is going to put you RIGHT next to an elevator I think that should be told upfront. Not all of us are jerks and will complain - and honestly, it was fine for me.
Ok - thats it! I paid about 160-170. Oh, they have NO complementary food. That is really silly in this day and age to at least not have a small continental available. Free Wi-Fi and it was fine. I chose this hotel purposely to be next to Reagan Airport.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!