“A very convenient location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport

You added Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2020 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202 (Formerly Days Inn Crystal City)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Get More Offer
Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Minneapolis
“A very convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

The Radisson is conveniently located - close to everything, but on the other side of the Potomac, so traffic isn't as bad. There is a free shuttle to and from the airport, shops and restaurants of all kinds within 2 blocks (same with the Crystal City Metro stop). The Old Towne Trolley will even pick you up there and take you into town to see all the sights. It's only $39/day or $59 for a two day pass. The rooms are clean and well-kept. The breakfast buffet and other restaurant meals are very good. The bar has a good happy hour. The front desk staff are very helpful and pleasant. I would stay here again. It is remarkable quiet for being so close to the airport. We never heard airplane noise and didn't even see a plane until our last day there.

Room Tip: If your room is on the back of the hotel, it might be quieter because the highway in front can get a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I puchased a room thru Expedia to stay the night, which was a bit of a mistake because when I had checked out the Radisson web site the cost was the same, however it was just more convienient for me to book through my expedia app. Just note that when you do this you don't get any kind of rec't from the desk and, if you want to complain - like I almost did - it gets complicated. I also think that I got a bit of a crappy room because it was booked through expedia but who knows. I stayed in a kind standard room and it was room 425 which happens to be RIGHT next to or behind the elevator. Yes, you can hear the elevator. I thought about complaining before I went to bed but when you have the air on or tv it isn't as easy to hear - but I also don't have mouse earring AND I wasn't doing anything critical the next day so I was laid back about it. However, I did consider complaining and maybe changing rooms. Turns out I just got so tired I fell asleep (days without sleep, though) and it was fine. The bed was comfortable and really so was everything else. The room and furniture are older, I didn't have a sleep number bed and it was really comfortable, and I liked the blankets and little touches like a bunch of pillows and a table in the room, etc. There was a fridge also and couch and small coffee maker, etc. The TV is good, I didn't mess with it a whole lot and there aren't a ton of free channels but it was fine. I was only in the lobby for a bit and had a smooth and nice check in. I had to ask a lot of questions about shuttle (which was free and GREAT) and food and stuff - it is always nice when the front desk volunteers info but to be fair there was a lot of folks down there and he seemed busy. I also inquired about a small discount because of a connection to Radisson but I didn't get it because the hotel was busy (boo). I didn't see or use anything related to food or working out in the hotel - I basically just went straight to my room. I did order Thai food thru 24/7 app and it was great! There are restaurants a short walk away, though, so no stress if you don't have a vehicle. I didn't ask about amenity shopping and didn't see stores but there might be some within a mile walk. Rooms were clean. Again, I think my room was most likely one of the old crappy ones and I'm not excited it was given to me. I also think that there should be disclosure - if a hotel is going to put you RIGHT next to an elevator I think that should be told upfront. Not all of us are jerks and will complain - and honestly, it was fine for me.
Ok - thats it! I paid about 160-170. Oh, they have NO complementary food. That is really silly in this day and age to at least not have a small continental available. Free Wi-Fi and it was fine. I chose this hotel purposely to be next to Reagan Airport.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Southaven, Mississippi, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We chose the Radisson for the great price and convenient location (very close to Crystal City Metro station). Our expectations were exceeded in every way. The staff was super nice. The room was clean, and the beds (though not the sleep number) were very comfortable. We had a little bit of noise issues due to a high school group staying on our floor, but the hotel staff handled it very quickly and we never lost any sleep because of it:-) Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Overall, clean, well-equipped hotel. All staff very friendly. Sits next to Metro and a block from lots of dining and shopping. Only issue was our room had a Sleep-Number bed...I don't know what my sleep number is, but it is NONE of the numerous I tried. To me, sleeping on this type of bed is like sleeping on a pool float. I won't hold this against Radisson, and will stay here again, but will attempt to book early and avoid the inflatable bed.

Room Tip: Use if you have a sleep number bed at home...
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Our experience was similar to many of the other reviewers', so I won't go on too long.
Pros: Near Reagan and the Crystal City Metro station, airport shuttle, reasonable price (even during the weekend with the Cherry Blossom festival and a meeting at the DC Convention Center with 15,000 people), very clean and responsive housekeeping staff, reasonably updated (not super modern, but not 80s throwback either).
Cons: Front desk clerk's English wasn't great, so calling for the airport shuttle was a mess, as was check in. Front desk during checkout was fine though. Food options in the hotel are limited, esp for breakfast, so be prepared to walk a couple blocks. WiFi internet was spotty, but it is free. SleepNumber bed didn't work, but it felt fine without adjustments.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel is located less than 3 miles from downtown and D.C. We actually walked from here to the Jefferson Memorial one day in about 45 minutes. The hotel shuttle van picked up at Reagan National Airport (less than 1 mile from the hotel) promptly and the driver could not have been friendlier.

Check-in could have run a bit more smoothly. One employee was helping a rather annoying guest for over 5 minutes and there was no one else to be found. I typically expect a bit better from a hotel of this caliber. The room itself was very nice, modern, and the bed very comfortable. They even had cherry blossom soap which i thought was a cute touch. One nice thing about this hotel was a microwave and fridge in every room. Free wi-fi as well. They also had a small sundry by the front desk that had a decent amount of snacks and drinks for reasonable prices. The only significant complaint I had the whole week was in regards to breakfast, which we tried twice. It was $14/person for a buffet and everyone in our party felt all of the food seemed very cheap and mass produced, as well as luke-warm. I'm fine with lousy breakfast food when it is the typical free hotel breakfast, but for $14 my expectations were much higher. If you stay here try Cesar's Diner (10 minute walk) for a decent meal for less than $10/person.

Besides being close to the airport and downtown, the hotel is a 5 minute walk from the Crystal City Metro Station. The hotel is also right in the middle of Crystal City. Within a 5 minute walk was Chili's, Legal Seafood, the diner I mentioned, a few Italian places, and an excellent tapas place called Jaleo along with McDonalds and CVS pharmacy.

If I could give this place 4.5 stars I would. While the breakfast was a bit annoying, it was a small price for a nice, clean, hotel, with multiple amenities in a great location. Definitely consider staying here if you're in D.C.

Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Radissson's are a weird brand of hotels, in some places (usually outside US) they are these plush properties and then in US they are mostly outdated. so this one sits right in between those two varieties of Radisson's, its neither too lavish nor is it outdated. Secondly, hotels in DC are expensive year long so one is bound to explore properties outside of DC (meaning 3 miles away in Virginia), so I too did and found this property at a very competitive price.
The hotel is usually busy i believe (due to proximity to the airport and also being in the DC metro area) and thus check-in can get a little more time than usual. Rooms are standard, and proximity to DC is decent, a 15 mnt drive to Lincoln memorial.
Hotel has an in-house Enterprise and thus if you dont plan to rent a car from the airport, you can easily do so here.
Once in DC, do explore the georgetown area which is this uber chic historic neighborhood of DC with hundreds of boutique shops and restaurants to explore.

Room Tip: None of the rooms have a view so you would want to be on the higher possible floor away from the ele...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!