“Fine place to stay prior to flying out of DCA” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport

You added Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2020 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202 (Formerly Days Inn Crystal City)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Get More Offer
Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Fine place to stay prior to flying out of DCA”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is our second time staying here prior to an early flight out of DCA. No problems~ Fine staff, comfortable room, clean. No frills and an OK price. Just do not like the sleep number beds : ( maybe it is me......just saying Would I stay again?, probably if I have an early flight out...it is fine.

Room Tip: Very early airport transportation service is not available, we had a 7:00am flight. We had to take a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Reasonably priced hotel that was quite clean and offered friendly service. Comfortable beds and plenty of space in the room even with a king bed. Some downsides...extra fees for daily parking, really sluggish (nearly unusable) Internet during peak usage times, and no complimentary breakfast. Wanted to stay at sister property next door (Hampton Inn), but they were booked. I can understand why...it's a better hotel (I stayed there on a previous visit). This Radisson is a good back-up though...certainly acceptable.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Does the job. Easy to get into the city, maybe a 4 minute walk to the metro and then 15 minutes to the city. Considering what it costs to stay in the city proper, I found this very reasonable. Easy bus shuttle going to and from the airport. Bed was fine, tv nice and big, nothing out of the ordinary.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is a pretty decent hotel. It's really close to DCA and even has a free airport shuttle. Don't even think about parking here because it's $20 a night. Yikes! Luckily, the Crystal City metro stop is a two minute walk away.

Lots of good restaurants and bars within walking distance.

Bed was really comfortable with the Sleep Number, and pillows were great.

WiFi was decent. The room had an HD TV, but it didn't have HD channels. Huh? What's the point?

The bathroom was tiny and the poor little toilet could not handle my business. When I looked in the tank, I discovered that it only flushes with like 40 ounces of water, which is far from sufficient. 5-6 flushes did the trick for me!

Also, a hotel employee stopped by at 8:30pm to ask if I "needed anything". Draw your own conclusions...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
somewhere
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Cons: We stayed the weekend of March 15th and had two rooms. We had to move our parents up a floor and to the back of the hotel because there was noise from the traffic off the main road below at the front of the hotel. My boyfriend and I had to change rooms 3 times in order to find something acceptable. The first room we were given was at the front of the hotel on the 3rd floor and the traffic from below was VERY loud. We were then moved to the 4th floor and to the back of the hotel which would have been fine if our neighbor was not blaring their tv. Not only were the walls thin here, but there were also double doors connecting our two rooms which is probably why it was so loud. We were finally moved to the topmost floor at the back of the hotel where we slept well the entire trip.

The only other problem we had was with the curtains. Someone else who reviewed this hotel complained that it does not have blackout curtains which it does, however, they are hidden behind the sheer ones. We did not discover them until night 2. It was difficult to sleep night 1 without them. If we had not found them the ranking would not have reached 3.

Pros: The location was fabulous, only a 5 minute walk to the crystal city metro where there are tons of places to eat and shop and a short ride to National Mall. There are also restaurants within walking distance, but nothing to brag about. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The room was decent in size, but a tad old fashioned. The bed, pillows and down duvet were very nice and comfortable. The bathroom was updated and spacious. The selling feature of this hotel was the price. The price was cheapest when booked through the Radisson website vs Priceline and it was significantly cheaper than anything else in it's class anywhere in the DC area. Breakfast was not included. Last time we visited DC we stayed in the Rosslyn area, which I would recommend over Crystal City by far. Better hotels, food, and atmosphere. We thought this would be a less congested area compared to Rosslyn, but it was just as crowded, but less classy.

Room Tip: Go up as high as you can to avoid road noise and request a room at the back of the hotel
Chesterfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I wasn't quite sure what to expect based on recent reviews. However, my title sums it up nicely. The staff were always more than pleasant - from answering general questions to getting the shuttle, to recommending restaurants, etc.
Our room was always clean, everything appeared new (most likely recently remodeled) and was cleaned well each day. Beds and pillows were comfortable. and room had plenty of space for three of us.
I really appreciated the airport shuttle, so I didn't have to get a cab or hop the metro - even thought it is only one metro stop from the airport.
I think the Crystal City metro stop was 3 blocks from the hotel, an easy walk for each day's journeys into DC. And with it being chilly while there, we simply used the Crystal City Shops underground mall to traverse most of the distance.
23rd Street, a half block away, had a dozen or more restaurants of about about as many types of cuisine. Very nice choices.
I don't want to gush, but I really don't have any complaints. Well, I guess they could have had complimentary breakfast, but this is the DC area, after all. But you get a good deal through the "blind" hotel sites, so who's to complain?

New York/CT Area
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is the attitude of the staff, who were very pleasant and wanted to be helpful but were obviously overworked (at the front desk); confused (couldn't locate the housekeeping supervisor, so a housekeeper had to (and did) take the initiative to do something that probably would ordinarily require permission; who were ignorant about the whether the Sleep Number bed promised on the internet actually existed -- it didn't in the class of room advertised (the slightly confused maintenance guy sent up to help out when we couldn't find the controls for the Sleep Number bed didn't seem to notice that it was a Beautyrest!); were late in delivering an additional desk lamp to provide reading light for a room with a couch and two chairs that had no light at all for reading, and so forth. In addition, the room was tired-looking. The hotel needs to be spruced up; the staff needs to be trained, someone needs to attend to the website and, to my experienced management eye (former CEO of a public company), probably needs a new general manager and some investment. Room 525 also has a lot of elevator noise.

And it if it was you who helped sort out the bed business, thank you for your efforts but you might have mentioned when you adjusted my room rate that you were downgrading my room, rather than leaving me to discover that for myself. I appreciate your concern, but this property needs to get its act together.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms with numbers ending in 525, unless you don't mind elevator noise.
Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We appreciate your comments so we may improve our standards and address areas that need attention.

Been to Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!