“REALLY GOOD REASONABLY PRICED FOOD, GREAT SERVICE” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Alexandria, VA
“REALLY GOOD REASONABLY PRICED FOOD, GREAT SERVICE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Guapo's in Shirlington, Arlington, VA, is a really good Mexican restaurant. The ambience is not spectacular but the food and service are! The price tag is very reasonable. We tried this today with another couple. Fajitas and the combination options were very good. The service is attentative to the right degree and friendly. This is a popular restaurant but we did not need reservatiions for lunch. The address is 4028 Campbell Avenue and they can be reached at 703-671-1701. This would be a good restaurant for a dinner before going to the Signature Theater located one block away. Give it a try and if you don't see what you want note that there are about a dozen other restaurants in this restaurant row.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good food, service and margaritas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We went on a Friday night and had to wait about 30 minutes for a table - I think this is pretty typical for weekends. We waited on patio as they hadn't yet opened outdoor seating for the season. Bar inside was packed an took me about 15 minutes to get a couple of beers while we waited, but bartenders were friendly.

We went with kids and the noise level was great as nobody noticed them! Might be a difficult venue for folks who don't like loud places. Waitstaff was very efficient and polite. They brought kids menus with crayons and chips and salsa (very good) very quickly. A little slower on drinks - I ordered a top-shelf margarita, and it was delicious. One of my companions really liked the house margarita but I avoided it due to overt sweetness.

Menu was extensive and divided into apps and then different meats and combos. Unlike typical Mexican restaurants, there was no "vegetarian" section. However, the menu had a green leaf next to each vegetarian option. I had an appetizer of plantains (yum) and a veggie combo with a chili relleno, cheese enchilada and spinach enchilada - it was too much with the beans and rice, and if I ever go back, I'll order the 2-combo rather than 3. Food was very good. My son loved his cheese quesadilla and my meat-eating friends seemed to enjoy their meals as well. Everything seemed high quality. Overall it was a great experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Alexandria, Virginia
“Best Mexican In the Area/Must have Carne Asada”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

If you do not agree, you clearly have not had their Carne Asada. Easily enough to feed two. Great chips and salsa. Good margaritas - a little pricey, but available in quantities that will make you forget or at least not care how much you paid. Be prepared to wait on Friday and Saturday evenings. Service is usually very good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bowie, Maryland
“Excellent Happy Hour Margaritas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Great spot for happy hour! I consider myself a tequila snob and while I'm not usually a fan of happy hour drinks, I give this restaurant 5 stars for their margaritas! Always packed, service is normally excellent, quick, and friendly.

Typical food for any Mexican restaurant but still along the traditional lines. I enjoy their fajitas, plantains, and fresh salsa!

I miss their buffet which allowed me to try items I may not order directly from a menu.

If you are looking for a great spot for happy hour - give it a try! You'll be hooked like me!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Very good food and Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The service wals very fast and the waiter always smiling and the food was properly cook and great taste.

Visited February 2013