“Expenseive so-so food, good service and atmosphere” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Me Jana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 640 Restaurants in Arlington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Lebanese, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
Good for: Romantic, Doing business, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Clarendon Blvd and N. Adams St.
Transit: Across the street from the Courthouse Metro stop.
Description: Fine Lebanese Cuisine in a warm upscale contemporary space.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Expenseive so-so food, good service and atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

After my favorite Lebanese restaurant shut down 2 years ago, we've been looking for another favorite. Unfortunately, we did not find that in Me Jana. We decided to order a handful of mezza and only found 1 out of the 5 excellent (the friend kibbeh was excellent). The hummus was subpar- kind of dry and could use more garlic in my opinion. The falafel was also kind of bland (though I prefer my falafel with lots of sumac). When all was said and done, we left with a $70 tab (not including tip) which I thought didn't reflect the quality of the food. I will note that the atmosphere, service and hostess were excellent. I was disappointed in the good :(

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Signal Mountain
“Outstanding food and service ,the best lebanese restaurant .”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I love the food ,service and atmosphere ,When I visit Dc , i look forward to go there and the best lebanese food in town

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alexandria, Virginia
“Upscale Lebanese - Try it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Not just the usual hummus and grilled meats. Elegant restaurant inside, several tables nice for outside.

Visited December 2011
Arlington, Virginia
“Service Excellent, Food....eh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Last week my wife and I enjoyed the atmosphere and service at Me Jana but were a little disapointed with the food. Maybe we didn't heed the servers recommendations but we found that all the dishes we tasted were average and not very creative. The scallops and the ablama were plain and unimaginitive, the baked cheese was too salty and the lamb shank was good but not great. I don't know, maybe it was me and my expectations were too high - seems to be a constant issue while dining in Arlington.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Asheville, NC
“A Regular Stop When In the Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I wandered into Me Jana a couple of years ago by chance, since it is across the street from the Residence Inn. Since then it is a must visit when I am in the area.

I like Lebanese food a lot, and Me Jana is probably the best I have had. I used to live in the area and Lebanese Taverna was a mainstay, and Me Jana is probably a cut above that. The food is always excellent, the wine choices are solid, and the service has been consistently good.

This will continue to be a "must visit" for me when I am in the area.

Visited October 2012