“Perfect for a crowd!” 4 of 5 stars

703-413-8181
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jaleo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 697 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 23rd Street
Transit: We are a 5 minute walk from the Crystal City Metro Station, located on the Yellow and Blue Lines. To reach us, exit the Metro, go left on 18th Street, right on Crystal Drive, and walk 5 blocks to 23rd Street, finding us on the right. Or come halfway up the escalator, left into the Shops, and proceed to 23rd Street, turning left to Crystal Drive.
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“Perfect for a crowd!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Even thought Spanish Tapas was not a universal appeal to our group of 12, we all loved it! The servers did a great job helping us choose which dishes to share, and there was something for everyone...even the 12 year old with us! Fun and tasty!

Visited June 2013

Pa
“Probably over-hyped”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I'm not a great tapas fan to begin with, I have to admit. I like to get more than a mouthful in a dish, although the variety is enjoyable (as opposed, for instance, to a big plate of pasta with each bite tasting the same). The food was good, but not great. I found some of it over-spiced and over-cooked. I do have to admit that the frittata was one of the better things I've eaten recently. It's easy to drop $40 without drinks and still feel hungry at the end. The Sunday paella special seems like a good deal, but we couldn't order it since we had a party of 12 and not everyone at the table wanted it. I understand their point, but with such a large group, I suspect there was a way to work it out. Bottom line- the place is a good stop, but don't expect food ecstasy.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
northern Virginia
“Meeting the gal pals for book club lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

With a small group of 10 ladies, we had attentive service and exceptional food during our weekday lunch and book club discussion. Some of us used the metro, while others parked in the garage (where 23rd street dead-ends into Crystal City Drive) and right across the street from the restaurant, since metered street parking is hard to come by on weekdays.
Inside we were seated behind the hostess stand with lots of privacy as no others were seated in this section. Most in the group ordered a luncheon tapas assortment, but I decided on a chicken (Barcelona) BLT sandwich for $10 which was incredibly delicious. If a Jaleo cookbook had been shown to us at this point, I'm sure several would have been sold. And the plating presentations were each unique and delightful.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Best Tapas I've Ever Had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Jaleo is a total gem. It's modern interior makes it seem like an unlikely tapas restaurant, but it has the best choice of tapas I've ever seen and the best tasting ones, too. The sangria was also the best I've ever had - potent and flavourful. I can't say enough good things about the quality of the tapas here and the service was excellent as well. The bill for two, with sangria, was $101 - a bargain for that quality of food.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“excellent tapas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We have been here several times and it has been excellent every time. Our server was friendly and informative and we were seated quickly. Virtually everything we tried (about 18 different dishes) was at least good, and some were outstanding (the marinated chicken, chicken fritters, cheese board, flamenquines). The shrimp in garlic sauce was a bit disappointing. The atmosphere was comfortable.

• 4 of 5 stars Food