“Great for groups.” 4 of 5 stars

703-413-8181
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jaleo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 696 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 23rd Street
Transit: We are a 5 minute walk from the Crystal City Metro Station, located on the Yellow and Blue Lines. To reach us, exit the Metro, go left on 18th Street, right on Crystal Drive, and walk 5 blocks to 23rd Street, finding us on the right. Or come halfway up the escalator, left into the Shops, and proceed to 23rd Street, turning left to Crystal Drive.
Ashburn, Virginia
“Great for groups.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I went to Jaleo with friends and we had an awesome time. It happened to be restaurant week and we ordered from the restaurant week menu it was excellent. The chicken croquettes and the codfish croquettes were amazing. i ordered sangria, not exactly up to par to what i'm accustomed to, but all in all a great tapas experience.

North Canton
“Spanish tapas and sangria at it's best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I visited Jaleo on Valentine's Day. We were waiting for a plane at DCA, and popped in early enough to beat the V-Day crowd. We decided to experience the "Restaurant Week" four course menu.

Each tapas course was extremely good, with my bread, tomatoes, and serrano ham as a starter being one of the best things I have eaten in a while! My wife's endive tapas was the perfect starter for her. Their "famous" shrimp were excellent, and the additional dessert course was to die for.

We started the dinner with their specialty margarita, which was very unique, and quite delicious. However, nothing compares to their red sangria. My wife and I are affecionados of good sangria, and Jaleo's was some of the best we ever had. Not cloyingly sweet like some we have experienced, but just the right amount of balance between wine, fruit, and brandy.

The decor in the restaurant is hip, and the lay-out lends itself to helping you enjoy your meal to the fullest. Service was impeccable, with attentive and friendly servers.

We will be back...again and again.

Virginia
“Jaleo - excellence idea for date night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We went to Jaleo in Crystal city for our Valentine's dinner. What a great place! "Share your love -and your tapas". The ambiance was really nice and friendly. The food was excellence. Highly recommend for special occasions like birthday or date night.
There is no flowers in the restaurant, so if you would need to buy flowers for your date before coming to the restaurant.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Do the Chef's Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Although it was $55/person, the Chef’s Experience was the best deal. After seeing the portion of the tapas, I could have easily order about $55 worth anyways. That being said, from what I could remember, my fiancé and I shared about 16 tapas and 2 desserts. We had to ask them to stop bringing tapas and finally bring dessert we were so stuffed. Also, when we ordered the Chef’s Experience, the chef, Ramon, came out to greet us and talk a little about the restaurant and see if we had any requests. He was extremely friendly and made the experience even better.

My favorite tapas were the Sliced Apple and Fennel salad, Endives w/ goat cheese and oranges, Seared Scallops with Butternut Squash Purée, and Grilled Hanger Steak with Mustard.

Overall, it is a great place for a celebration or special occasion and I can’t wait to go back.

Washington DC
“Fresh Ingredients, Festive Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We visited with 7 PM Open Table reservations on a Sunday night; shared a table with friends who were visiting from out of town, and settled in for a relaxing evening. Our waiter arrived promptly with water requests, explained how small plate ordering worked, and invited us to take our time with the menu. High ceilings and ceiling to floor flame colored drapes and wall hangings injected a festive spark to the dining room.
Only one of us had experienced Jaleo before; the three of us who were newbies wondered how we would share salads and soups. After some discussion of our individual preferences, we ordered individually and shared a spoon of our choices here and there. I tried a sauteed spinach dish, a lump crabmeat salad, and an apple, cucumber, and cheese salad- all very fresh and delicious. My tastes of scallop and sausage were very satisfying. It was clear that every dish had been prepared with thoughtfulness and care. I ended my meal with mint tea and hazlenut chocolate cake (decadent)-so rich I ended up sharing more than I ate.
A major highlight was the unhurried and relaxed environment the staff provided; we were the last folks out of the restaurant three hours later; we stayed at our table for almost an hour after we finished our coffees and tea and not once did a staff member try to usher us away- Kudos to authentic Spanish dining in a city that doesn't like to linger.
I agree with other diners who say you need to be prepared to spend some money. The seemingly inexpensive $8.50 and $10 small plates add up. Our per person cost was $50 (before tip) but that did include a bottle of wine, dessert for three of us, and tea/coffee.
I hope our experience was the norm- if so- Jaleo Arlington is highly recommended for delicious food and a relaxing evening out. We'll be back!

• Visited January 2013