“Perfect for an overnight stay before flying out of Reagan National Airport.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2480 South Glebe Road, Arlington, VA 22206-2576   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #39 of 48 hotels in Arlington
Millsboro, Delaware
“Perfect for an overnight stay before flying out of Reagan National Airport.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

This hotel was perfect for us because it was close to the airport and the hotel had a shuttle service. I'm glad that we did not listen to the previouse negative comments. The service at the front great was great and the room was acceptable for the price. Also the hotel will let you leave your vehicle for free up to either 10 or 14 days. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

445 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Swansboro, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

This was truly the worst experience in hotels that I have ever had. I have traveled around the world and thought I would travel with my 11 year old son to Washington during Spring Break. When my GPS led me to the hotel, I got concerned when it took me through the bad end of the hotel through a less than desirable neighborhood. When we arrived at the lobby, I had to step away from the desk because I could only cry. How could I keep my son in this dump? It was a drive up MOTEL and looked unsafe. As one of the other reviewers said, there were drive up stalls. It isn't a hotel, it is a motel and it was dirty. The picture I saw on their website never showed that it was a drive up.

They assured me that the Arlington police patrol the area often and yes, as another reviewer said, they have their own parking spot at the front lobby parking lot.

In short form- this is what was wrong:
1-no towels in the room when I checked in
2-broken iron
3-bugs crawling in the bathroom
4-toilet handle broke off the first night
5-no wake up call
6-they said local calls are free but what they forgot to mention is that if you talk for more than 30 mins, you do get charged.
7-Shuttle is shared with the comfort inn and is always crowded and you may not make it, so you have to wait another 30 mins or 1 hour.

I tried to get another hotel to get out but it was cherry blossum/spring break week. All was booked. Pay extra and stay somewhere else. This place shouldn't even carry the BW name!

• Stayed April 2010
Long Island, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2010

Overall this hotel was good.
The staff was helpful and respectful when talked to. The room I stayed in with a friend was clean and good size. They had a decent continental breakfast. And they had a free shuttle running to the closest metro station. Overall it was very convenient.
The only problem we had is that the toilet wasn't flushing properly, so we told the front desk, they said they'd send someone to fix it. In the evening it still wasn't fixed, we told them again the next morning, but to no avail.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Limburg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

I stayed hat Best Western Pentagon for 9 nights - And I attend a conference. The hotel offers refreshing simplicity, car parking and good value for money. The breakfast is okay but not that great of selection. Friendly staff particularly the reception desk.
In the morning and evening a shuttle takes you every half hour to or from the METRO station in Pentagon City - the ride is around 10 minutes. I can't believe this hotel is not rated much higher. I would surely stay there again.
Free wireless internet-access and travelers without laptop can use two computer. But keep in mind this hotel is more likely a motel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

I'm a local in Arlington, VA and stayed in the Pentagon Best Western because I had a 6 am flight out of Washington Reagan Airport (DCA). I should have stayed home.

This hotel fails in all the major categories you look for in a hotel: cleanliness, noise, and staff.

The Pentagon Best western smell awful. The lobby smells musty and unclean as do the rooms. The linens also smell and the hotel projects the feeling of needing a good scrubbing. The hotel is not quiet. The walls are paper thin and people having a conversation using a reasonable indoor voice sounds like they are in your room. Road noise from glebe road is very loud and we were in a room almost furthest from the road. The inroom refrigerator's compressor was very loud and kept banging on waking us up throughout the night. The hotel staff was asked to call us a Taxi and as we got to the front desk we were told that the taxi arrived and someone else took it. The staff did not verify names of the passengers although they said they would. The hotel states that it is a good place to stay for the aiport, I AM LOCAL AND PLEASE LISTEN TO ME, THIS IS NOT TRUE. This hotel is not close the airport, but it is less expensive by $100 than the airport hotels. Pay the extra $100, you'll be glad you did. And if you have a 6am flight, then don't count on the airport shuttle, it does not start running until 6 am, so this hotel is not a good place for business travelers or early birds.

One bright spot, if you leave before the continental breakfast is served, you get a brown bag breakfast. However, that is not worth staying at this hotel. Until serious changes are made, stay away from this place.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Central Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

I'm so glad we didn't go by some of the reviews. This was a great place to stay while we visited DC. Close to DC. Great Shuttle service to metro. Very happy, friendly and most helpful staff. Willing to answer all of our travel questions. Clean rooms. Great for the price! We'd stay there again for sure.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
new york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2009

Loved the blood stained pillow my 2 1/2 year old was laying on. This place is the biggest dump - very dirty, very poorly maintained. It is truly the most disgusting place I have ever stayed. I would give it a zero rating if possible.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport? Share your experiences!