“Bad smell” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 47 hotels in Arlington
Arlington, United States
“Bad smell”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The hotel is very old and smell pee. the bath tub was broken. I couldn't wait to leave this place. The front desk ladies was nice, that's about it. for $125 I was expecting more. The towels are old, carpet old, good thing they have shuttle who can drop you some places.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

GMPentagon, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I really appreciate your feedback and assure you that we would definitely look into the issues pointed by you in your comments.
We are aware of the vintage of the property but tirelessly and constantly make efforts in all areas to keep the facility clean and offer amenties which would add to the value for the price paid.
We take suggestions seriously and will implement changes whereever needed to make experience better for our guests.
I hope you will give another chance to prove ourselves.

494 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Richmond, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I've stated before my experience with this hotel and feel this stay was the worst I have ever experience. The bathroom had mold in it, there wasn't adequate space for toiletries, your staff invaded my privacy by entering my room without permission and when I brought this to your staffs attention they did not accept the fact that these issues are warranted.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Guest,
I thank you for taking time to give your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel.
We at Best Western Pentagon strive to ensure that we take this feedback seriously and implement changes or suggestion by our valued guests.
I am aware of the situation and we have trained our staff to knock the door before entering any room. I am told that the door was open and she assumed your check out. We also have a large vanity 4ft x 2ft for all the toiletries and know they are fairly adequate for the size of the hotel room.
I am sure you will give us another chance as in past to stay with us.
Fayetteville, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I would not stay here again! they are rude, provide inaccurate information, and discriminatory. I stayed here, arrived very late and was given wrong information about the breakfast. When I realized it was right at the time it was shutting down. I called the front desk to advise them what happened and walked over to the reception building. The front desk clerk was talking where I could here him and I overheard him call me a liar and said I overslept to the manager. When I tried to discuss both issues with the manager he told me he wasn't going to talk to some WOMAN and didn't have to, and walked away. He said he gave me 1000 points that should be good enough, and if I didn't be quiet he would take those back. He then walked away. I also found doors to room left standing open that were unoccupied at 1am. The housekeeping knocked on the door when I was in the shower and within 30 seconds opened it. How about time to say just a minute? It was a musty dirty property.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GMPentagon, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Guest,
I thank you for taking time to post your comments and give us your feedback.
As GM of the hotel I am not aware of any situation like you mentioned has come to my knowledge.
We at Best Western Pentagon strive to go beyond our call of duty to ensure that our customers are fully satisfied and do not discrimnate against any valued guests who use our facility.
I appreciate you contact the GM to explain the situation to ensure we make things right.

Amit Vasavada
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Living in DC, my family's go-to hotel is the Best Western at the Pentagon. It has the best deal in town for weekends, breakfast, and extremely convenient location. If you are looking for a place for visitors to stay, I would recommend this location as you do not have to deal with the crazy tourism crowds, traffic, or any other of those nuisances.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel. Staff were attentive, helpful and friendly. Room was large, clean, smart and very cool thanks to the A/c. Good selection of TV channels (>50). Breakfast was well above average you expect in USA with hot food, cereal, fruit, cookies etc. Would recommend this hotel for tourist trips. There is a free shuttle bus to/from the airport and into town..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
GMPentagon, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Guest,
I thank you for providing your valuable feedback aboiut Best Western Pentagon and shared your experience with all of us.
I know your comments help people make decision to book our hotel and am grateful that we were able to meet your expectations.
We are conscious that you have various choices on lodging and we at Best Western offer great service, spacious rooms, free hot breakfast, free parking, High Speed internet access in all rooms and complimentary shutle to Metro and Reagan Airport. We are the most competitively priced hotel in the market and the above amentities makes us the preferred choice of folks who are looking to impact their bottom line.
Dover, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

A few friends and I stayed here last June 2013. We only stayed here 2 nights, but let me say it was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at. The outside of the hotel was filthy, and there were cobwebs in all the corners of the floors. Inside the room was a little better. The TV was up to date, and the beds were descent, but the bathrooms were horrible! The ceiling had black stains on it, and the wall was starting to peel. The shower was small and the water pressure was terrible. The service was Ok, and the location was right off the highway and very convenient.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor(Only 2 floors) are better and more up to date than the rooms on the bottom.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
I thank very you much for taking time and providing your valued feedback about your stay with our hotel Best Western Pentagon. I am aware these feedback help guests to make their decisions about our facility.
I apologize that you were not fully satisfied with your stay and wish you gave us chance to make amends while you were here. I have personally looked into issues you pointed out and have rectified them as I write.
We strive to make experience of all our guests memorable by offereing amenities which keeps them stress free while they are on trip to DC. The hot full breakfast and shuttle service to Metro station with comfort of spacious rooms make us a pick.
I hope you will give us another chance during your next visit.
Plum, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We spent 3 nights at the hotel for sightseeing while our daughter was at a summer educational conference in the city. The rooms were comfortable & clean. The AC in our first room was a little loud, but not unbearable. We had to change rooms because the ceiling over the toilet leaked after a torrential rainstorm. The 2nd room had a funny humming noise come from the toilet after you flushed it, but again, it wasn't unbearable. The young lady at the counter was very helpful when we needed to change rooms. The free breakfast was nothing special, but it was a nice start to the day. The shuttle drivers to the Metro in the morning did a good job, but the afternoon drivers were inconsistent (packing people in like sardines, taking different routes back for no reason, not turning the AC in the van on, driving past us at the Metro stop without picking anyone up in the rain.) Overall it was a good experience and we would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport? Share your experiences!