“sont stay here horrible and discrimanatory!” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2480 South Glebe Road, Arlington, VA 22206-2576   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #39 of 48 hotels in Arlington
Fayetteville, Georgia
“sont stay here horrible and discrimanatory!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I would not stay here again! they are rude, provide inaccurate information, and discriminatory. I stayed here, arrived very late and was given wrong information about the breakfast. When I realized it was right at the time it was shutting down. I called the front desk to advise them what happened and walked over to the reception building. The front desk clerk was talking where I could here him and I overheard him call me a liar and said I overslept to the manager. When I tried to discuss both issues with the manager he told me he wasn't going to talk to some WOMAN and didn't have to, and walked away. He said he gave me 1000 points that should be good enough, and if I didn't be quiet he would take those back. He then walked away. I also found doors to room left standing open that were unoccupied at 1am. The housekeeping knocked on the door when I was in the shower and within 30 seconds opened it. How about time to say just a minute? It was a musty dirty property.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GMPentagon, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Guest,
I thank you for taking time to post your comments and give us your feedback.
As GM of the hotel I am not aware of any situation like you mentioned has come to my knowledge.
We at Best Western Pentagon strive to go beyond our call of duty to ensure that our customers are fully satisfied and do not discrimnate against any valued guests who use our facility.
I appreciate you contact the GM to explain the situation to ensure we make things right.

Amit Vasavada

445 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Living in DC, my family's go-to hotel is the Best Western at the Pentagon. It has the best deal in town for weekends, breakfast, and extremely convenient location. If you are looking for a place for visitors to stay, I would recommend this location as you do not have to deal with the crazy tourism crowds, traffic, or any other of those nuisances.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel. Staff were attentive, helpful and friendly. Room was large, clean, smart and very cool thanks to the A/c. Good selection of TV channels (>50). Breakfast was well above average you expect in USA with hot food, cereal, fruit, cookies etc. Would recommend this hotel for tourist trips. There is a free shuttle bus to/from the airport and into town..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
GMPentagon, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Guest,
I thank you for providing your valuable feedback aboiut Best Western Pentagon and shared your experience with all of us.
I know your comments help people make decision to book our hotel and am grateful that we were able to meet your expectations.
We are conscious that you have various choices on lodging and we at Best Western offer great service, spacious rooms, free hot breakfast, free parking, High Speed internet access in all rooms and complimentary shutle to Metro and Reagan Airport. We are the most competitively priced hotel in the market and the above amentities makes us the preferred choice of folks who are looking to impact their bottom line.
Dover, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

A few friends and I stayed here last June 2013. We only stayed here 2 nights, but let me say it was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at. The outside of the hotel was filthy, and there were cobwebs in all the corners of the floors. Inside the room was a little better. The TV was up to date, and the beds were descent, but the bathrooms were horrible! The ceiling had black stains on it, and the wall was starting to peel. The shower was small and the water pressure was terrible. The service was Ok, and the location was right off the highway and very convenient.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor(Only 2 floors) are better and more up to date than the rooms on the bottom.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
I thank very you much for taking time and providing your valued feedback about your stay with our hotel Best Western Pentagon. I am aware these feedback help guests to make their decisions about our facility.
I apologize that you were not fully satisfied with your stay and wish you gave us chance to make amends while you were here. I have personally looked into issues you pointed out and have rectified them as I write.
We strive to make experience of all our guests memorable by offereing amenities which keeps them stress free while they are on trip to DC. The hot full breakfast and shuttle service to Metro station with comfort of spacious rooms make us a pick.
I hope you will give us another chance during your next visit.
Plum, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We spent 3 nights at the hotel for sightseeing while our daughter was at a summer educational conference in the city. The rooms were comfortable & clean. The AC in our first room was a little loud, but not unbearable. We had to change rooms because the ceiling over the toilet leaked after a torrential rainstorm. The 2nd room had a funny humming noise come from the toilet after you flushed it, but again, it wasn't unbearable. The young lady at the counter was very helpful when we needed to change rooms. The free breakfast was nothing special, but it was a nice start to the day. The shuttle drivers to the Metro in the morning did a good job, but the afternoon drivers were inconsistent (packing people in like sardines, taking different routes back for no reason, not turning the AC in the van on, driving past us at the Metro stop without picking anyone up in the rain.) Overall it was a good experience and we would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The hotel staff was friendly, and the breakfast service was very good. The rooms were clean, but not recently updated. The main problem with our stay was their shuttle service. We we told it runs every 30 minutes, but we waited at the airport for almost an hour before we got picked up. We stayed four days and the shuttle was always overly full, with some guests having to wait another 30 minutes to catch the next one. They need to run them more often and add more/larger shuttle vehicles so that they can accommodate all the guests in a timely manner.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

GMPentagon, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear GUest,
I thank you for taking time to give your feedback about your recent stay with us.
I sincerely apologize for the incnvenience due to shuttle service. Let me assure you though we have published timing to run the free shuttle we make all efforts to run outside the regualr schedules when we anticipate such rush. We have three shuttles which run but due to heavy commitment for airport due to flight cancellation we had to divert one specifically to make that trips.
However, I have noted the issues and will address them to make things smoother for our guests.
I hope you will give us another chance to prove our commitment.
Asheville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Arrived May 22 for my first trip ever to Washington, D.C. I will have to admit that the hotel was very easy to get to, access in and out of the parking lot was great (at a traffic light with not a lot of oncoming traffic), and close to the advertised Metro stop (Pentagon City). Unfortunately, those are the high points.

We arrived around noon and were allowed to check-in early. Staff at front desk were helpful and friendly. Room was on the second floor (no elevator). It was definitely an older motel, paint peeling on outside walls, and air conditioners had standing water outside under the units.

Going inside, the carpet looked very clean but had a strange odor. The rooms had two queen sized beds and great open space with table, dresser and newer model TV. Bathroom, however, was horrific. The walls and floor were uneven, caulk around the tub and sinks was either missing, peeling off, or moldy. Someone had also sprayed white spray paint on the walls of the shower to hide mold and discoloration. Our second night there we found a dead roach under the bed and small ants in the bathroom. I mentioned this to the front desk and they had someone come in to spray while we were out.

Beds were comfortable with plenty of pillows, but you could hear EVERYTHING at night. TV and guests in next room were loud, and when the A/C kicked on, it sounded like an airplane was taking off (nearly fell out of bed the first time I heard it).

Breakfast was O.K. Hot food was more like room temperature or cold. The eggs were watered down and tasted powdery. It's probably safest to stick with muffins or boxed cereal, and there is not a good variety of fresh fruit.

Shuttle was on-time most of the time, clean, and got you to your destination in 10-15 minutes as promised. It was close to full a few times as it also services the hotel next door. Try to line up at the stop a few minutes in advance so you don't have to wait for the next shuttle.

I don't know if it was because I was originally over-charged, or if it was because I complained a few times, but I did get $25 knocked off of my final bill on check-out.

I probably would not stay here again, but there are trade-offs if you are on a tight budget and need quick and easy access to downtown.

On a final note, the price was much lower if you booked through the Best Western telephone reservation number than through the Best Western website. It was also cheaper than booking through any of the travel websites.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManager2013, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for your comment and the time it took to write it. Your opinion will help us to improve the quality of our hotel and services going forward. We have addressed your issue and took the steps necessary to improve our facility for the better. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Been to BEST WESTERN Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport? Share your experiences!