“Great hotel, breakfast included too. What a bargain.” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2480 South Glebe Road, Arlington, VA 22206-2576   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #39 of 48 hotels in Arlington
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, breakfast included too. What a bargain.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel. Staff were attentive, helpful and friendly. Room was large, clean, smart and very cool thanks to the A/c. Good selection of TV channels (>50). Breakfast was well above average you expect in USA with hot food, cereal, fruit, cookies etc. Would recommend this hotel for tourist trips. There is a free shuttle bus to/from the airport and into town..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
GMPentagon, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Guest,
I thank you for providing your valuable feedback aboiut Best Western Pentagon and shared your experience with all of us.
I know your comments help people make decision to book our hotel and am grateful that we were able to meet your expectations.
We are conscious that you have various choices on lodging and we at Best Western offer great service, spacious rooms, free hot breakfast, free parking, High Speed internet access in all rooms and complimentary shutle to Metro and Reagan Airport. We are the most competitively priced hotel in the market and the above amentities makes us the preferred choice of folks who are looking to impact their bottom line.

445 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Dover, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

A few friends and I stayed here last June 2013. We only stayed here 2 nights, but let me say it was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at. The outside of the hotel was filthy, and there were cobwebs in all the corners of the floors. Inside the room was a little better. The TV was up to date, and the beds were descent, but the bathrooms were horrible! The ceiling had black stains on it, and the wall was starting to peel. The shower was small and the water pressure was terrible. The service was Ok, and the location was right off the highway and very convenient.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor(Only 2 floors) are better and more up to date than the rooms on the bottom.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
I thank very you much for taking time and providing your valued feedback about your stay with our hotel Best Western Pentagon. I am aware these feedback help guests to make their decisions about our facility.
I apologize that you were not fully satisfied with your stay and wish you gave us chance to make amends while you were here. I have personally looked into issues you pointed out and have rectified them as I write.
We strive to make experience of all our guests memorable by offereing amenities which keeps them stress free while they are on trip to DC. The hot full breakfast and shuttle service to Metro station with comfort of spacious rooms make us a pick.
I hope you will give us another chance during your next visit.
Plum, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We spent 3 nights at the hotel for sightseeing while our daughter was at a summer educational conference in the city. The rooms were comfortable & clean. The AC in our first room was a little loud, but not unbearable. We had to change rooms because the ceiling over the toilet leaked after a torrential rainstorm. The 2nd room had a funny humming noise come from the toilet after you flushed it, but again, it wasn't unbearable. The young lady at the counter was very helpful when we needed to change rooms. The free breakfast was nothing special, but it was a nice start to the day. The shuttle drivers to the Metro in the morning did a good job, but the afternoon drivers were inconsistent (packing people in like sardines, taking different routes back for no reason, not turning the AC in the van on, driving past us at the Metro stop without picking anyone up in the rain.) Overall it was a good experience and we would stay there again.

Los Angeles, California, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The hotel staff was friendly, and the breakfast service was very good. The rooms were clean, but not recently updated. The main problem with our stay was their shuttle service. We we told it runs every 30 minutes, but we waited at the airport for almost an hour before we got picked up. We stayed four days and the shuttle was always overly full, with some guests having to wait another 30 minutes to catch the next one. They need to run them more often and add more/larger shuttle vehicles so that they can accommodate all the guests in a timely manner.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

GMPentagon, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear GUest,
I thank you for taking time to give your feedback about your recent stay with us.
I sincerely apologize for the incnvenience due to shuttle service. Let me assure you though we have published timing to run the free shuttle we make all efforts to run outside the regualr schedules when we anticipate such rush. We have three shuttles which run but due to heavy commitment for airport due to flight cancellation we had to divert one specifically to make that trips.
However, I have noted the issues and will address them to make things smoother for our guests.
I hope you will give us another chance to prove our commitment.
Asheville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Arrived May 22 for my first trip ever to Washington, D.C. I will have to admit that the hotel was very easy to get to, access in and out of the parking lot was great (at a traffic light with not a lot of oncoming traffic), and close to the advertised Metro stop (Pentagon City). Unfortunately, those are the high points.

We arrived around noon and were allowed to check-in early. Staff at front desk were helpful and friendly. Room was on the second floor (no elevator). It was definitely an older motel, paint peeling on outside walls, and air conditioners had standing water outside under the units.

Going inside, the carpet looked very clean but had a strange odor. The rooms had two queen sized beds and great open space with table, dresser and newer model TV. Bathroom, however, was horrific. The walls and floor were uneven, caulk around the tub and sinks was either missing, peeling off, or moldy. Someone had also sprayed white spray paint on the walls of the shower to hide mold and discoloration. Our second night there we found a dead roach under the bed and small ants in the bathroom. I mentioned this to the front desk and they had someone come in to spray while we were out.

Beds were comfortable with plenty of pillows, but you could hear EVERYTHING at night. TV and guests in next room were loud, and when the A/C kicked on, it sounded like an airplane was taking off (nearly fell out of bed the first time I heard it).

Breakfast was O.K. Hot food was more like room temperature or cold. The eggs were watered down and tasted powdery. It's probably safest to stick with muffins or boxed cereal, and there is not a good variety of fresh fruit.

Shuttle was on-time most of the time, clean, and got you to your destination in 10-15 minutes as promised. It was close to full a few times as it also services the hotel next door. Try to line up at the stop a few minutes in advance so you don't have to wait for the next shuttle.

I don't know if it was because I was originally over-charged, or if it was because I complained a few times, but I did get $25 knocked off of my final bill on check-out.

I probably would not stay here again, but there are trade-offs if you are on a tight budget and need quick and easy access to downtown.

On a final note, the price was much lower if you booked through the Best Western telephone reservation number than through the Best Western website. It was also cheaper than booking through any of the travel websites.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManager2013, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for your comment and the time it took to write it. Your opinion will help us to improve the quality of our hotel and services going forward. We have addressed your issue and took the steps necessary to improve our facility for the better. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Our family of 5 stayed at the Best Western Pentagon Hotel on Sunday, June 23rd. Our flight from Reagan National to St. Louis was cancelled due to weather and the airline recommended this hotel since it was nearby, reasonable (we had to pay), and they had a free shuttle. We waited for the free shuttle for 50 minutes. In that time we called the hotel four times - letting the phone ring for 2 minutes each time - NO ONE answered the phone. Finally, I called the Best Western national reservation line, explained the situation and asked them to call the hotel. When they called the hotel, they were put on hold immediately and after 2 minutes hung up so that they could get back on the phone with me! We finally got into a cab, paying $30 to get to the hotel. When I arrived at the hotel the phone was ringing and the front desk was still ignoring it! I explained that I called 4 times letting it ring for 2 minutes without any response and they even failed to respond to the Best Western national line. The front desk response was "I can see how that would be frustrating."

Be forewarned that this hotel is a converted motel with only walk up access to rooms not on the ground floor. We found this out when we had to lug our 5 bags (we were returning from 2 weeks overseas) up to the room.

The rest of our stay was uneventful, and on the bright side the room was recently remodeled, and they brought us a rollaway for our 5 year old. Wifi was free and had okay speeds.

We did not get to use the free breakfast as we left the hotel at 6am, and breakfast didn't start until 6:30.

Finally we did notice there was a Arlington City police car in the lot both when we checked in at 10pm and when we checked out at 6am. At 10pm the officer was in the car with it running (it seems like he may have been in the area to keep an eye on some folks hanging out in the parking lot). At 6am the officer was out walking the area and returned to his car - I was a little concerned when I noticed he was wearing body armor.

If I ever have to stay in the Reagan National area again I would NOT spend the night at the Best Western Pentagon.

Room Tip: Request a ground floor room.
Dear Guest,
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had during your recent stay with Best Western Pentagon. We strive hard to keep guests happly and make all effforts to deliver what we promise.
I am aware of the front desk situation and unfortunately due to flight cancellation the hotel phones were ringing off the hook, with host of guests waiting to check in at that time. It was really overwhelming and have addressed this with my staff.
I appreciate you letting us know your concerns and I will address them to make sure we make things better for our guests.
Thank You for your feedback and hope you will give us another chance to proove ourselves.

Coconut Creek, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Rooms were spacious. We stayed there for 5 days. Shuttle to the Metro was always on time. Breakfast was good. I agree that there needed to be more fruit and meat. The first day, there was a pan full of pancakes then they changed it to a pancake making machine which took a long time to cook two pancakes and created a LONG line. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Dear Guest,
I really appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay.
We recently installed the new pancake machine and it takes time to cook fresh panckaes and with house full I can imagine the wait..which I am sure was worth it..!!
I once again thank you for staying with us and hope to see you during your next DC trip.
Amit

Been to BEST WESTERN Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport? Share your experiences!