Arrived May 22 for my first trip ever to Washington, D.C. I will have to admit that the hotel was very easy to get to, access in and out of the parking lot was great (at a traffic light with not a lot of oncoming traffic), and close to the advertised Metro stop (Pentagon City). Unfortunately, those are the high points.
We arrived around noon and were allowed to check-in early. Staff at front desk were helpful and friendly. Room was on the second floor (no elevator). It was definitely an older motel, paint peeling on outside walls, and air conditioners had standing water outside under the units.
Going inside, the carpet looked very clean but had a strange odor. The rooms had two queen sized beds and great open space with table, dresser and newer model TV. Bathroom, however, was horrific. The walls and floor were uneven, caulk around the tub and sinks was either missing, peeling off, or moldy. Someone had also sprayed white spray paint on the walls of the shower to hide mold and discoloration. Our second night there we found a dead roach under the bed and small ants in the bathroom. I mentioned this to the front desk and they had someone come in to spray while we were out.
Beds were comfortable with plenty of pillows, but you could hear EVERYTHING at night. TV and guests in next room were loud, and when the A/C kicked on, it sounded like an airplane was taking off (nearly fell out of bed the first time I heard it).
Breakfast was O.K. Hot food was more like room temperature or cold. The eggs were watered down and tasted powdery. It's probably safest to stick with muffins or boxed cereal, and there is not a good variety of fresh fruit.
Shuttle was on-time most of the time, clean, and got you to your destination in 10-15 minutes as promised. It was close to full a few times as it also services the hotel next door. Try to line up at the stop a few minutes in advance so you don't have to wait for the next shuttle.
I don't know if it was because I was originally over-charged, or if it was because I complained a few times, but I did get $25 knocked off of my final bill on check-out.
I probably would not stay here again, but there are trade-offs if you are on a tight budget and need quick and easy access to downtown.
On a final note, the price was much lower if you booked through the Best Western telephone reservation number than through the Best Western website. It was also cheaper than booking through any of the travel websites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Pentagon-Reagan Airport is a newly renovated, full-service Arlington, Virginia hotel featuring spacious rooms and suites, meeting space, a business center, a restaurant, shuttle service to Ronald Reagan Airport and to Pentagon City Metro Station between 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM everyday- just minutes from Washington, DC and the Pentagon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Pentagon Hotel Arlington
- Best Western Hotel Pentagon
- Arlington Best Western
- Best Western Arlington