This is a hotel straight out of the 70s - 2 long straight buildings each with 2 floors with outside entrances. We were visiting our daughter for a baptism of our granddaughter and the hotel we usually stay at was almost double the price. We picked it because it was cheap. Basically you get what you pay for. The room was large and reasonable clean. The place was pretty tired but we just needed a place to sleep for 2 days and the beds were comforatable. The location is great. Checkin was fine and our room was ready when we got there. The rooms do have flat screen TVs but they are mounted on the wall. Remember I said that it was a hotel out of the 70s. Also remember that in the 70s the walls were more like paper? Want to guess what happens when you put a TV on a hard surface with little noise dampening -- you guessed it. You hear everything from the room next door.
We got back to our room at about 9:30 p.m. and the room and found that our neigbors liked the TV loud. They also had a ton of young noisy kids who were running, screaming and generally being obnoxious. Apparently no adult was to be found. At about 11:00 p.m. when it didn't quiet down. I called the front desk and they said they would call up to the room which they did (I could hear the phone ring thanks to those paper thin walls). That stopped it briefly but the racket started up again shortly. I called to front desk and this time they sent a very mean sounding guard who threatened to throw them out and scarred the daylights out of the kids. Things got better but still not great due to the TV. Even though they did not have it very loud it was difficult to sleep.
The next night we found the neighbors were still there and just as annoying so we asked for a new room which the hotel did with an apology. I have no complaint with the hotel. They handled things very well but they can't control the trash that rents the rooms.
The new room was much better and our new neighbors were much quieter. You could still hear almost everything through the walls.
The breakfast was good. Eggs and Sausages, Juice, fruit, etc. A step above the typical budget hotel frozen (hopefully thawed) muffins.
All in all for the price it wasn't a bad deal and if you just want a place to crash and are lucky enought to get a quiet room I would recommend it. Again Service was Very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Pentagon-Reagan Airport is a newly renovated, full-service Arlington, Virginia hotel featuring spacious rooms and suites, meeting space, a business center, a restaurant, shuttle service to Ronald Reagan Airport and to Pentagon City Metro Station between 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM everyday- just minutes from Washington, DC and the Pentagon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your BEST WESTERN Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Pentagon Hotel Arlington
- Best Western Hotel Pentagon
- Arlington Best Western
- Best Western Arlington