“It is clean and close to Airport and Metro station” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #41 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Ventura
“It is clean and close to Airport and Metro station”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

It is the standard Best Western, clean. The outside IS shoddy, there isn't much of a gift store. There is only 1 working washing machine, and 3 dryers that do the job but screeches. If you are staying in Washington DC, it is a good price for what you get. The shuttle goes every 30 min to airport and metro station. We got back late (no shuttle after 10pm) and took a cab from the metro station at 11pm, $8.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
livonia, mi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

I read the negative reviews and was concerned. However, at the late date we reserved, this was the only hotel we could get for $150/night near DC, where others were $300.

Had seen the manager's responses to poor reviews and it seems like they are really trying to do better.

We reserved a room with fridge and microwave, which were not there upon arrival. A call to the front desk had them delivered within 15 minutes. The room was clean and updated, with quality and quantity of towels on hand. The scent of the air freshener was a bit overpowering, but dispersed quickly when opening the door. The beds were MOST comfortable.

The front desk staff was friendly and informative, the shuttle service to DC was right on time, and second and third shuttles were added when the amount of residents was too large. Breakfast was great, with waffles, scrambled eggs, cereals and bagels/muffins. The orange juice could use a kick up in quality.

Don't know if this hotel could become four star due to the 2-story motel design with outdoor entrances, and no handrails on the short stairways coming to ground level. Overall, a solid three stars.

Room Tip: Request a quiet room (we chose second floor), as the freeway and Regan airport are adjacent. Can'...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

This is a typical Best Western motel, except the rooms are tired with shoddy rugs, chipping paint, etc. The front desk was a bit tired also with misinformation and slow responses. A sign in the lobby says they are renovating, but I would wait for completion. There is little to recommend it now!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Fayt lez Manage, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

I'm just back from a roadtrip in the US and I stayed in this hotel for one night the day i visited Washington DC.

The Staff was very helpful and they gently accept an early check-in (around noon)

The hotel offers a shuttle that brings you to the metro station. There you can easily go to DC or any other main area served by the metro.

This hotel looks a bit old but ones you entered the room, it's different,The room is very large and you have got plenty of room, all the comfort you need, (refridgerator, microwave, TV,...) and surprise when we entered, the hotel offered 2 bottles of Water and snacks as a welcome gift.

The beakfast is a complimentary continental one with waffles, fruits, muffins, well enough for us and the price you pay.

I surely will stay there for my next visit to DC.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I recently had a last minute business trip to DC to work at the convention center (downtown), but was not being reimbursed for expenses. I ended up picking the Best Western Pentagon and am glad I did. I expect I'll be back here when I return the the DC area in the future.

For starters, they picked me up at Reagan Airport. It took about 10 minutes to get to the hotel, which is in Virginia, south of DC proper and relatively close to the Pentagon.

The hotel is a 50s/60s style motel, i.e. a series of two story buildings with parking in front. Note that there is also a Comfort Inn (multilevel) on the same property and they share their shuttle buses. When I entered my room, I was in for a nice surprise - the decor was modern and comfortable. I had plenty of room, a refrigerator, microwave, iron and ironing board. The bathroom was pretty standard, but had a wonderfully powerful shower. One of my few complaints might be that the shower was a bit too powerful - it was hard to keep the water in the shower! The TV was a traditional CRT, not a flat panel.

In my room, I found a personalized welcome note as well as a bunch of snacks. When I asked at the front desk how much they were, they said "nothing - it is a welcome gift".

Breakfast (included in the rate) was about what you would expect from a budget hotel - heavy on starches, but they did have fresh waffles. Fine for a day or two, but not very exciting.

The hotel runs a shuttle to the Pentagon City Metro station as well as the airport. Shuttles leave every hour on the hour until 10pm, except during morning and afternoon rush hours when they go on the hour and the half. Trains from the Metro station go straight into DC. Total travel time from the hotel to the convention center was about 30 minutes.

You do need to be able to work with the shuttle's schedule. If you miss the bus, you could end up waiting an hour for the next one. I took a taxi one time from the Metro station to the hotel, which cost $10.

I found the staff very helpful. On my last day, I needed to get to the airport at a time that wasn't great for their shuttles. Since they weren't too busy, they had the driver take me there when I was ready, which was really nice.

Not a super fancy place, but great value for the area and easy to get to all the major DC sites using Metro and their shuttle bus.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
YourDCManager, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Dear gossamer78759, Thank You for taking the time to comment on our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we are glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to accommodating you again at Best Western Pentagon.
Prince George, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

Thank You BW Pentagon for another great stay. The first stay was a very emotional one and the staff did a great job getting me to my room and my children and I to and from the airport. On my second stay, I requested my room and Alvin requested housekeeping to make it ready for me and I really appreciate that. I also chose this hotel because of the ease of navigating to and from off the highway. Its a breeze to get to now and I was even brave enough with Alvin's directions to venture out and see some of Arlington while I was there on my second visit in September. My only complaint which is so small was the remote batteries were not good. I called the front desk and Christina had someone at my door within five minutes of my call with a brand new remote. My kids loved that! I love the free breakfast (which seems to be absent from other hotels in the area) and its a great way to start my day when I know I can save $$ and my kids have access to a healthy breakfast away from home. The lobby has a beautiful decor and I love that the guest business center is in a private location. IThe lobby sign explaining the renovations was enough that I ignored the rusted areas under the walkways outside the rooms. I am a front desk agent for a BW competitor and I will continue to choose this hotel when I travel to DC or Arlington over getting my own discount because of the service and the exceptional care given to guests. OH! I cannot tell you how much I saved using the hotel shuttle. Total, I had to make two trips to and from the airport and not having to pay for parking was such a blessing. Thanks again and I will see you on my next trip!!

Room Tip: Checking in before 3 is not a good idea so just call ahead. The side nearest the traffic is actually...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear ybrad07, Thank You for taking the time to comment on our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we are glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay. We are glad to hear about Alvin offering you great service. We look forward to accommodating you again at Best Western Pentagon.
nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

The Hotel stay is good. Shuttle service is good . Sometimes it becomes full . You can leave your car in Hotel and travel by Metro to see DC. Good Breakfast. Good housekeeping service. Friendly staff. Not sure why this hotel was shown as one star. I can give 2 and half stars or more. I guess the entry to room is a bit crude. USe this hotel if you want to avoid exorbitant Hotel rates of Washington DC.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear ruth m, Thank You for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We appreciate your business and look forward to accommodating you again.

Been to BEST WESTERN Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport? Share your experiences!