“It's mostly a nightspot” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Liberty Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 675 restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Irving Street
Transit: On the corner of Wilson Boulevard and Irving Street in Arlington, The Liberty Tavern is easily accessible from downtown DC, Route 66, Route 395, and is across the street from the Clarendon Metro Station.
Alexandria, Virginia
“It's mostly a nightspot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

It's a confused hybrid of a big city club and a fine dining establishment. I imagine going there when it isn't night hours might ease the confusion. The food's really good and fancy. Pizza's good if I remember correctly

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
“Wow! Go here, great fresh food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

The special for the night; fresh spinach egg noodles, prosciutto, fresh peas, light cream sauce, fresh parmesan
shavings. OMG! Also, a very nice selection of single malt Scotch.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Virginia
“Loved it all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I met three friends at The Liberty Tavern on a Wednesday night for dinner. We made reservations for 6:15, and we have been told in the past that we would be seated once the entire party had arrived and if fifteen minutes had passed, our table might be given up. This must be for weekend nights because I was seated right away without my party, and the restaurant wasn't too busy (downstairs or upstairs). We had wonderful service by all, Todd was our waiter and extremely helpful. I am not a seafood eater (allergic to some, just now trying out fish), so he suggested (and wisely) to avoid the Artic Char and stated the brazino would be "less fishy" to me. Although his concern was it had octopus with it. I have had squid in the past, but this octopus was nothing like that squid! Excellent! Looks a little odd (tentacles), but tastes delicious. And the brazino was outstanding. I loved my entire dish. One friend ordered the Artic Char and thoroughly enjoyed it (I was glad I hadn't ordered it), another ordered the Diver Scallops which she said were fabulous and cooked perfectly (again, I didn't love since I am just now sampling certain seafoods), and the third friend ordered a salad (they switched out the frisee and put in field greens for her) and an appetizer with octopus. It is a pricey restaurant, but all of the food is fresh and superbly cooked. I will definitely bring my family to this restaurant, although parking is tricky (find side street parking, and get there close to six pm when everyone is leaving and parking is unlimited as well as free). There are parking garages, but I found a spot on a side street and it was easy enough (again, mid-week).

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Front Royal, Virginia
“An "above and beyond" dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

As a celebration for our granddaughter's First Communion, my daughter made reservations at Liberty Tavern for 8 of us (6 adults, 2 children). This was my third visit to Liberty Tavern, and it was fantastic in every respect. Our server was incredible and made us feel quite welcome, was knowledgeable about the entrees and wines, and made recommendations that were spot on. Our entrees were delicioius - the new Spring menu - and everyone, even the kids, savored their meals. Three folks had the short ribs, which were a rave success. I had the soft crab, which was delicious. Others with us had the risoto, the skirt steak, and one of the pizzas. The children enjoyed their chicken fingers and pasta with butter and parmesan. Our granddaughter asked to substitute a salad for the listed sides on the kids' menu - no problem! There were many clean plates, and very few leftovers (which were nicely boxed up for us to take with us) to carry home. The desserts - cheesecake, walnut-carrot cake, and a strawberry tart were as delicious as they were mouth-watering. Our server and other staff went out of their way to make our special celebration dinner "above and beyond". Can't wait to go back to Liberty Tavern!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Falls Church, Virginia
“Good food, but too noisy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

What's with the many high volume restaurants these days? The food and service at Liberty Tavern were both good -- nothing to complain about. It has a buzzy atmosphere, but the decor could be upgraded and the noise level should definitely be dialed down. I went with friends to catch up with them, but it was hard to hold a conversation at this popular venue.

Visited September 2012