“Worth the stop” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Liberty Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 715 Restaurants in Arlington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Irving Street
Transit: On the corner of Wilson Boulevard and Irving Street in Arlington, The Liberty Tavern is easily accessible from downtown DC, Route 66, Route 395, and is across the street from the Clarendon Metro Station.
Philadelphia
“Worth the stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Opted to try the brunch here. Did not have reservation on this Sunday morning (next time a definite) but they were able to seat us at the bar. In a pinch, this was comfortable enough. Brunch options include a buffet at $30, which looked pretty good, but because of dinner plans opted for the ala carte menu. I chose a Brunch Pizza. Loaded with sausage, bacon, tomato, and three fried eggs, this was a large pizza that could easily feed two people. At $15, this was both a good deal and very tasty. A decent bloody mary to go with it and left well satisfied. Bartender was friendly and attentive with his service. Atmosphere was comfortable and interior flush with natural light. I would repeat here.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Baltimore, Maryland
“Fantastic Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I went to Liberty Tavern for a nice Sunday Brunch with my family (six adults, one child). Our group chose a mix of the large buffet and individual menu items. Everyone enjoyed the food and the staff was accommodating with our 2-year old. I had the Brunch Pizza and it was delicious! A unique concept that was well executed. The buffet is about $21 per person and the individual menu items around $15. I would say it was a good value albeit on the higher end for price. Make it a special occasion.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Amazing Burger and value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I really loved my meal at LT. The burger and fries really hit the spot. The burger had bacon and cheese and came with fries. For an extra $2 you can do the lunch deal and add any pint on draft. I had my local favorite from Port City and it definitely complemented by huge burger. I didn't give it a 5 because I didn't love any of the desserts listed, but I'd be willing to go back and try again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Give me Liberty or Give me Liberty Tavern”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have been to Liberty Tavern many times. I like it for brunch, lunch and dinner. I love the lobster roll the best. It is really filled with lobster and not a lot of filler. The wait staff is really good and very personable. It is always very crowded so make sure you have a reservation. The only downside is the noise level.

Visited February 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
“Nice Idea.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

While the ambiance seemed storied, I was expecting the food to be something above average. Unfortunately it under delivered.