“Fantastic Brunch” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Liberty Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 700 Restaurants in Arlington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Irving Street
Transit: On the corner of Wilson Boulevard and Irving Street in Arlington, The Liberty Tavern is easily accessible from downtown DC, Route 66, Route 395, and is across the street from the Clarendon Metro Station.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Fantastic Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I went to Liberty Tavern for a nice Sunday Brunch with my family (six adults, one child). Our group chose a mix of the large buffet and individual menu items. Everyone enjoyed the food and the staff was accommodating with our 2-year old. I had the Brunch Pizza and it was delicious! A unique concept that was well executed. The buffet is about $21 per person and the individual menu items around $15. I would say it was a good value albeit on the higher end for price. Make it a special occasion.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Miami, Florida
“Amazing Burger and value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I really loved my meal at LT. The burger and fries really hit the spot. The burger had bacon and cheese and came with fries. For an extra $2 you can do the lunch deal and add any pint on draft. I had my local favorite from Port City and it definitely complemented by huge burger. I didn't give it a 5 because I didn't love any of the desserts listed, but I'd be willing to go back and try again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Give me Liberty or Give me Liberty Tavern”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have been to Liberty Tavern many times. I like it for brunch, lunch and dinner. I love the lobster roll the best. It is really filled with lobster and not a lot of filler. The wait staff is really good and very personable. It is always very crowded so make sure you have a reservation. The only downside is the noise level.

Visited February 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
“Nice Idea.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

While the ambiance seemed storied, I was expecting the food to be something above average. Unfortunately it under delivered.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food and great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is quite a hot spot neighborhood restaurant; the bar downstairs was packed. But we were seated immediately per our reservation, and the waiter was very solicitous--despite being very busy, he volunteered lots of information on the dishes and came back several times to check on us. Not a lot of decoration or atmosphere--it's more bistro-like. It was restaurant week so we had the 3-course meal--a great .

There were lots of tangy skillet roasted Pei mussels--some of the best I've had--and the Pasta Faglioli bean soup was creamy and tasty. The smoky collards and Tuscan kale with the Wild Bluefish and the Wild Board Cotechino Sausage provided unusual and savory compliments to the meal. The desserts were good but a bit standard--Almond Vanilla Cake and Triple Chocolate Cheesecake. We'll definitely go back.

• Visited February 2013