“Give me Liberty or Give me Liberty Tavern” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Liberty Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 693 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Irving Street
Transit: On the corner of Wilson Boulevard and Irving Street in Arlington, The Liberty Tavern is easily accessible from downtown DC, Route 66, Route 395, and is across the street from the Clarendon Metro Station.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Give me Liberty or Give me Liberty Tavern”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have been to Liberty Tavern many times. I like it for brunch, lunch and dinner. I love the lobster roll the best. It is really filled with lobster and not a lot of filler. The wait staff is really good and very personable. It is always very crowded so make sure you have a reservation. The only downside is the noise level.

Visited February 2013

Fairfax, Virginia
“Nice Idea.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

While the ambiance seemed storied, I was expecting the food to be something above average. Unfortunately it under delivered.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food and great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is quite a hot spot neighborhood restaurant; the bar downstairs was packed. But we were seated immediately per our reservation, and the waiter was very solicitous--despite being very busy, he volunteered lots of information on the dishes and came back several times to check on us. Not a lot of decoration or atmosphere--it's more bistro-like. It was restaurant week so we had the 3-course meal--a great .

There were lots of tangy skillet roasted Pei mussels--some of the best I've had--and the Pasta Faglioli bean soup was creamy and tasty. The smoky collards and Tuscan kale with the Wild Bluefish and the Wild Board Cotechino Sausage provided unusual and savory compliments to the meal. The desserts were good but a bit standard--Almond Vanilla Cake and Triple Chocolate Cheesecake. We'll definitely go back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ft Lauderdale, FL
“Uniquely excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Several went out for a celebration dinner and every meal ordered was extremely unique. Wild boar sausage, specialty pizzas and pasta. If you like mussels they are as good as they get. The fresh homemade breads are addictive. Wine list just ok great beer selection. Service was awesome....try it and have fun.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Virginia
“Superb. True Fine Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Excellent fare! Huge portions. I ordered the pork chop from the classics menu and was blown away by the balance and intensity of flavors and texture of the meat. My wife and I also had the octopus appetizer which was larger than expected and grilled to perfection. Wine selection was top notch. My only complaint was that our 2-topper didn't offer enough room for all of our courses! Make sure you order something grilled when you go.