“Great place for proximity to Georgetown.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Arlington

You added Le Meridien Arlington to your Saves list
Le Meridien Arlington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1121 N 19th Street, North Arlington, Arlington, VA 22209 (Formerly Palomar Arlington, a Kimpton Hotel)   |
Ranked #21 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great place for proximity to Georgetown.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

This is a great hotel with nice clean rooms, attentive staff and wonderful guest services. It's in a great location, which is just a short walk over the bridge that puts you in the heart of Georgetown shopping in minutes. Also, only two blocks to the DC metro.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Tinton Falls, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

This was a first time stay for myself and fiancé'. I have to say, we were very impressed with both the level of cleanliness of the hotel and our room. The hotel is very contemporary in style, as was our room. We had a view of Georgetown & the Potomac River out of our 9th floor window. Great view.

The Staff - we encountered Adeel at the front desk while checking in on a Thursday. He was awesome!! He recommended a travel plan for the Metro DC area, restaurants, and could not have been more courteous and professional. He made sure to greet us each time he saw us, and even offered us some complimentary fruit and a beverage after coming back exhausted one night from a long day walking around. He is a keeper!!!

The hotel is literally one block away from the Rosslyn Metro station which will take you right into the DC area, Smithsonian, Capital Hill, etc...
There are plenty of restaurants also located right by the hotel, from pizza, sandwiches, to frozen yogurt. Rosslyn was a very nice and sophisticated area.

We took this trip on a deal from Groupon, so I was a little skeptical about the hotel, but let me tell you, I cannot wait to go back. The area is in a business district, so things are pretty quiet during weekdays. We absolutely loved our stay, and as soon as we see another great deal, would definitely stay here again, hopefully for a much longer period of time.

Room Tip: Recommend a river view room. We stayed on the 9th floor and were very pleased.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Herefordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Great hotel, excellent rooms, first class friendly and helpful service from Trudy on front check -in desk, location perfect to walk to Iwo Jima statue, or over Potomac river bridge to Georgetown, near to Arlington Cemetery and Metro station to Downtown DC. Fab stay.

Room Tip: River view
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

A very good choice if visiting Washington. Very nice rooms, good space and amenities, and very confortable. Location Is excelente, very close to Rosslyn metro station (2 min walking) and only a bridge cross from beautifull georgetown. Best of al: Paul, the front desk manager!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I came here with my sister for one night before heading to our final destination. The property touts itself as a luxury hotel, but I am confused....

We were famished and asked for room service- they rudely told my sister there were only 2 options as they were out of everything and the wait was an hour.

We thought we'd try to snack on something in the room- no mini bar and no snacks. Ok, we tried to improvise. I called the front desk to see if they had vending machines. No such luck.

In the morning there was no coffee or anything in the lobby and even as a Starwood member they didn't have a club room.

The whole experience was odd and the place just felt like an shell. The facilities themselves are nice, but if you're looking for substance. Look elsewhere.

On a positive note I found one of the front desk people to be lovely and even though he answered "no we don't have that" to every single question I asked, he was polite and clearly sorry to relay that this hotel offered nothing.

Stayed August 2014
Paul P, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Felicity00, Thank you for choosing Le Meridien for your recent visit and for sharing your comments with us. I am glad to hear that our staff at the front desk were polite and as helpful as possible. However I regret to learn that your overall experience was not satisfactory. Please accept my apologies for the disappointment with Room Service and several areas where we fell short. I agree that this is not acceptable in a luxury hotel. I will certainly address the issues you mentioned with our team to make sure improvements occur as soon as possible. If there is anything else I can do for you do not hesitate to contact me and I will be glad to help.
Paul
United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

A fantastic hotel with a great location and friendly helpful staff. The rooms are generous, clean and relaxing. Huuuge TV for the room I was in and nice views. Will most definitely be staying here again and I certainly cant wait.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

After looking at reviews for several other hotel options, I decided to settle on the Le Meridien in Arlington, VA. Soon after making my reservation, I was contacted by a manager from the hotel regarding some concessions I had requested for my stay. The manager, Paul P., was extremely willing and helpful and kept in contact with me via email which I thought was very impressive. Upon my arrival, the exemplary service started from valet and all the hotel staff are extremely polite and helpful. The suite I had was very clean and luxurious. I must admit this is the best hotel I have ever stayed at and will continue to be a patron of this wonderful establishment - made so by the great employees who go out of their way to ensure a great stay. Kudos.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Le Meridien Arlington? Share your experiences!