“Excellent Hotel near Georgetown and easy to tour DC” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Arlington

You added Le Meridien Arlington to your Saves list
Le Meridien Arlington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1121 N 19th Street, North Arlington, Arlington, VA 22209 (Formerly Palomar Arlington, a Kimpton Hotel)   |
Ranked #21 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto
“Excellent Hotel near Georgetown and easy to tour DC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Great hotel, even without the great discount thru groupon. Very trendy/fashionable, large rooms. Hotel parking is a bit akward and pricey ($25/nt) but was great base for touring DC. Front desk service was top notch. Complementary evening wine was great. Breakfast which was included in our rate was upto $16 a la carte and covered a continental (buffet on the weekend was great for same price) Great restaurant patio, but you cannot have breakfast out there. Metro is 5-10 min walk away. Red Bus tours pick up at Marriott which is 10 min walk. All around would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room on high floor for potential views
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Daniel Island, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

Just one stop on the metro outside DC sits the Le Meridien which is a beautiful and well kept hotel. The staff is amazing friendly and the rooms are well appointed and up to date. The views of the Potomac are spectacular (request a room that faces the river) and if you are a runner, you can run the trails from the hotel for miles.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Carrollton, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Very nice hotel just across the river from DC. Great ambience. Upgraded room had an elliptical machine (nice), sitting area, comfortable king bed and an updated bathroom. Room service was prompt and tasty. Staff is friendly and helpful. onsite lounge and restaurant seemed very popular and was busy with a post work happy hour crowd. only knock is the lack of a lounge for SPG premier members.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I decided on this hotel due to its close proximity to the Metro. My family was making a short stop in the area and wanted to stay somewhere where we could easily walk our 3 children to the Metro so we could sightsee. When we pulled into the garage, it was full. The parking attendants were more than accommodating to allow us to park in the valet area since self-park was full. After some lugging and tugging up and down some stairs with small kids & their luggage, we got on the garage elevator, only to be taken to the second elevator at the entrance. Again, transferring, holding doors, and all the norms that come with traveling with children. I did notice, though, the impatience of some guests as my children were navigating their luggage. Mind you, my kids are experienced travelers, but they are kids. I love allowing my children to experience life and all its offerings, but I very much dislike the air of superiority that we encountered with some of this hotel's guests. It's sad. The staff, overall, was patient and accommodating. The young lady who checked us in was so friendly. Then another elevator, more tugging and holding the elevators, but we made it. The room was clean and elegant. We had a mini-fridge and a nice view. We did not, however, have a coffee maker. The travesty! The walk to the Metro (sans luggage) was easy and quick, and several restaurants were nearby. One big negative that I had was that the open outdoor patio was for their restaurant guests only. We were not aware of this, and when a staff member told us about the nice sitting area, we took advantage of it. As we were enjoying a beautiful evening on the patio with our drinks & snacks, the restaurant hostess came out and asked us to leave since we were not restaurant patrons. It is such an open area that I was not aware that it was for restaurant patrons only. Perhaps the area should be sectioned off with a sign that says it is for restaurant patrons only. It really spoiled the perfect ambiance of the night. All in all, it's a nice hotel. I really wish I had felt more comfortable with my children there. It is one of the few places we have stayed where they simply didn't feel welcome.

Stayed July 2014
Paul P, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Lockeygirl1,
Thank you for choosing Le Meridien for your recent visit and for sharing your comments with us. I am glad you enjoyed one of our elegant rooms with a beautiful view of Georgetown. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with regards to the transfers between different elevator landings as well as the service on the terrace adjacent to our restaurant. I have shared your concerns with our Food & Beverage team to make sure the issues you mentioned are addressed promptly. If there is anything else I can do for you do not hesitate to contact me and I will be glad to help.
Syracuse, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

It was a very nice hotel with attentive staff. As I am an SPG rewards member, I was told that the wi-fi and in room water bottles were complimentary (I would never assume the water was free unless a sign said so). I get the bill at the end of my stay and it is as expected. However, when reviewing my credit card bill, I was charged for water (I found this after calling the hotel to find out the discrepency). Over the phone I was told that "only one of the waters was free" as if I was supposed to figure our which unlabeled water bottle was complimentary. Telling a guest something is free when it is not is unacceptable and thus I cannot recommend this hotel even though much of the rest was good.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Paul P, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear jacksonk,
Thank you for choosing Le Meridien for your recent visit and for being a valued SPG member. I apologize for the inconvenience & frustration with the charge for a bottle of water that you experienced. We always have a smaller bottle of complimentary water as well as a larger one for sale. I can certainly see that it could be confusing if not presented properly by our staff. I will follow up and make sure we do a better job informing our guests of the options for bottled water we have in the rooms. If there is anything else I can do for you do not hesitate to contact me and I will be glad to help.
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

When we decided on a trip to DC, my wife freaked at the price of hotels. Checking Groupon, she found a couple in Virginia and we settled on Le Meriden and we are so glad we did! This hotel is the perfect location for any DC trip!

The hotel is situated near (a block or so) the Rosslyn Metro strop, which is the first one after crossing into Virginia. There is a Starbucks within one block, a Cosi, frozen yogurt (48 cent waters all day) and the Metro stop has a Panera and a Rite Aid. Just outside the hotel on weekdays there is a yellow food truck serving crepes - try them! The truck is owned b a very nice French man.

The hotel is very modern. Take the elevator to the 4th floor lobby. There is a seating area with a large screen TV which was my home for several hours per morning (I'm an early riser - family is not) while I read the free USA Today, Wall Street Journal, and NYT that the hotel provides. The cafe at the hotel has a nice breakfast buffet (we ate there on the weekend so I don't know if the buffet is every day or not).

Rooms were great - our family chose two beds and they were both queens, so no problem sleeping. There is a building under construction across the street but we weren't at the hotel during the day so the noise didn't bother us.

Only minor things would I change. First, no mini fridges in the room (though these can be quote loud in some hotels, maybe that's a good thing). The covers on the bed consist of comforters but no sheets. Although this is the way we sleep at some, we prefer to have a top sheet on a hotel bed. We didn't bother asking, so maybe the hotel even supplies those. Finally, the air conditioning kicks off during the day, so we returned a few days with a room that was a little warm, and it takes a minute or two to kick on. It cools rapidly, but I just thought I'd mention it because the first evening I thought it was broken but it wasn't/

So in conclusion, great hotel and value. We wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else on a DC trip. Check your Groupon, and purchase with confidence! Hope this helps.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

The staff is super friendly and attentive and the location can't be beat. The rooms are clean as are the hallways and lobby. But the rooms are sorely in need of some routine maintenance and repair.

The cooler in my room, located in the dresser, didn't work so instead of replacing it, they locked the cabinet. I had to ask twice for an operable in-room cooler. The bed needed replacing, it was old and lumpy. Various lamps in the room didn't work and in my Dads room, there were just screws in the wall where the lamps should have been. Small things, too, are overlooked. No pen in the room, one sheet of paper left on the writing pad and pump in the soap dispenser didn't work. None of these things require major capital improvements, just some routine attention and diligence on the part of the management and maintenance crew.

I might try this location again, only because the staff is very nice and the things I mentioned aren't "horrible". But if nothing appears to have improved, it's back to the Hyatt for us.

Stayed July 2014
Paul P, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear CJOBrien,

Thank you for choosing Le Meridien for your recent stay and for sharing your comments with us. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. Rest assured I will address the issues you mentioned with our team so all concerns could be addressed with urgency. If there is anything else I can do for you do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be glad to help personally.

Le Meridien Management

Been to Le Meridien Arlington? Share your experiences!