“Le Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Arlington

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Arlington to your Saves list
Le Meridien Arlington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1121 N 19th Street, North Arlington, Arlington, VA 22209 (Formerly Palomar Arlington, a Kimpton Hotel)   |
Ranked #21 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Daytona Beach, FL
“Le Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel several times, but this was the first time since it became a Le Meridien property. From the time we pulled up and valet checked the car, to the time we left, we received fantastic service from the entire staff at Le Meridien, Arlington. Adeel at guest services / check-in was incredible, and did all he could to make our stay wonderful. He was the one we had the most interaction with, but I cannot say enough about the entire staff.

The rooms are well appointed and clean, with comfortable beds and contemporary bathrooms and decor. It was a great place to land at the end of a long day.

We have family in Georgetown and I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to be near that area, without actually staying in it (10 minutes depending on traffic).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Burke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

What a great boutique hotel very close to DC without the DC prices! My daughter had her wedding reception at Le Meridien. The food was absolutely delicious! Everyone was incredibly impressed and said it was the best wedding meal they had every eaten. The rooms had such comfortable rooms and beds. I raved about the pillow so much that my husband bought me a pillow one.

The staff was superb. We had gift bags going to the individual rooms as the guests checked in and the staff was very attentive not only to get the bags to each room, but handled any request as if I were the only person they had to attend to.

The metro was just one block away. Many guests went into DC to experience. I can't rave enough about the whole experience. Oh yeah. They are pet friendly. An added bonus. Do yourself a favor and stay here!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My wife and I are buying our first home, so in an attempt to save a few dollars this year we decided on a "staycation" to celebrate July 4th and my wife's 30th birthday. Jon (GM), Doug (Foot and Beverage Manager) and their entire staff were relentless in their efforts to make this as special as possible. Not only did we get an extremely generous upgrade to recognize my SPG Platinum, they coordinated with me beforehand to print out framed photos of us to set up across the room to make it feel like home and also delivered Champagne and strawberries and her hand wrapped gift on the morning of her birthday. I couldn't provide a better recommendation for a Starwood staff and hotel. I'm sure it's even more special for out of town folks. Stay here...avoid downtown.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We were very happy with our double queen room. The work-out room was the nicest I have ever seen at a hotel. We were greeted warmly at the front desk and all of our needs were met. Self parking is super easy if you want to avoid the $30 valet parking.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have been with DC/ VA couple of times and I been couple of hotels in VA area mostly by Reagan airport. I would like to express how Impressed I am with Charlie Nguyen positive energy, great vibes and fantastic customer care. I am really appreciated to Charlie for displaying such great customer service and customer care. Thank you for the fantastic hospitality and quality experience and I would like to say thank you to for being so welcoming from the moment I walked into the lobby. I would like to point out also that I was really impressed with the Lobby as it is very fancy and really looked graceful. The hotel itself is a very fancy hotel, very upscale, very nice Bar! and I was impressed with the scenery within the hotel, the nice carpets, the doors and the room was very elegant and the junior suite room has their own jacuzzi and own gym treadmill which I am very very very impressed! The room was very clean and I felt very relaxed and comfortable within the room environment. I was also impressed with the high speed internet which was very convenient. The Le re meridian Hotel is located in a very nice spot within Arlington as it is in the middle of all the major attractions including a 3 minute walk from Roslyn Metro and few mins away from George Town and in Roslyn you can catch all the buses and orange and blue metro stops. Including bus 5a going to Washington Dulles very convenient! For all travellers the Le meridien hotel is highly recommended and the best hotel ever! because of the awesome customer care, fantastic lobby and room and perfect location. Thank you once again for demonstrating a great customer service and customer care; I was really overwhelmed with the quality of customer focus from Charlie Nguyen! Thank you from the bottom of my heart and keep it up!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Overall we enjoyed our stay, but there were several issues/concerns. We stayed in the Classic King room. First of all, the room was smaller than expected. There was a broken/missing towel rack in the bathroom. The makeup mirror light didn't work. One of the over the bed lamps was missing and the other one didn't work. There wasn't a clock in the room. The bed was uncomfortable. There was a mix up with my reservation and we were locked out of our room. This issue was resolved quickly. The hotel is better suited for business travelers. It was not the romantic getaway that we expected.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul P, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear ADH43,

Thank you for choosing Le Meridien hotel for your recent visit and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the condition of the room. We pride ourselves in having spotless room accommodations and I appreciate this opportunity to address any inconsistency with our staff to make sure things like that don’t happen again in the future. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall and if there is anything else I can do for you do not hesitate to contact me and I will be glad to help. I will look forward to welcoming you back to Le Meridien soon.
Paul
Le Meridien Management
Newnan, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

My wife, granddaughter and I stayed in the Le Meridien June 29-July 3, 2014. This was our third time to stay in this hotel over the past five years, but it was the least pleasant.

It isn't that there is anything terribly wrong with the hotel, it is just that there is nothing outstanding about it any more. And, possibly I am blaming the hotel for the huge amount of construction going on in the area, but the hotel's 19th street location is no longer as convenient as it once was. The surrounding streets are noisy with jackhammers and earth moving equipment all day long.

The only real problem we had with our room was that the air conditioning seemed to have a mind of its own. We would set the thermostat on 72 degrees, and it would seem to work properly for a few hours. But then it would inexplicably go into air conditioning overdrive and cool the room to as low as 59 during the night. This process repeated for three of the four nights we stayed in the hotel.

One of the reasons we previously liked this hotel was that there was a convenient parking garage in the same building with reasonable rates. The parking garage is still there, but it is no longer very convenient. Now, only a small part of the garage is available for self-parking, and it cost us $57 for the four nights we were there. Seems that this Le Meridien is REALLY wanting you to use valet parking, but I won't do that. No one drives my car but me or my wife.

There were good things about our stay. The room was exceptionally clean and reasonably quiet, although we did hear more airplane noise from nearby Reagan Airport, which may have been due to the side of the building we were on. We didn't use the restaurant, and it was closed due to some type of special function for some of the days we were there.

About the only outstanding thing left about this hotel during our stay was the concierge. This guy was knowledgeable, friendly and helped us find a great restaurant. Kudos to the concierge.

But, next time we visit Arlington, we will probably stay in the Hyatt that is nearby. It seems to have more going for it now.

Dear SteveinGA5,
Thank you for choosing Le Meridien Arlington for your recent visit and for sharing your comments with us. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with the temperature in the room. I have contacted our Engineering department so the issue can be addressed and resolved quickly.
I apologize that you felt as though the parking was not convenient, We offer both Valet and Self-Parking so that our guests can have a choice.
If there is anything else I can do for you do not hesitate to contact me and I will be glad to help. I hope you will stay with us again for a much better experience.
Paul
Le Meridien Arlington

Been to Le Meridien Arlington? Share your experiences!