“Enjoyied” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Arlington

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Arlington to your Saves list
Le Meridien Arlington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1121 N 19th Street, North Arlington, Arlington, VA 22209 (Formerly Palomar Arlington, a Kimpton Hotel)   |
Ranked #23 of 47 hotels in Arlington

Did like it for:
Clean and comfort
Friendly staff every where
Near to the Rosslyn Metro Station
Have an excersize bike within the room.

The only annoying thing is that I have to go first to 4th floor (the reception) then take another elevator for my floor.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Emma S, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! I am so pleased to hear you found our staff friendly and our guest rooms clean and comfortable. I hope the elevator did not cause you too much inconvenience.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Emma S

Guest Relations Manager

309 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Great hotel, for us, it was in just the right place. Difficult to find one thing wrong in fact you would need to be very picky to find a major or even a minor fault with this hotel.
For sightseeing we were near the Metro at Rosslyn one stop to Arlington National Cemetery four stops to the White House and the rest of your sightseeing can be done on foot.
For a great area to eat in, take a stroll over the Key Bridge which is next to the hotel and visit Georgetown where some really fine eateries await you.
From the front desk to the bar and restaurant and room service we found nothing but helpful staff nothing seemed to be too much trouble.

Room Tip: 712 you get a view over the Potomac River and Georgetown.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
NB
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with the purpose to vist the DC area. Although the DC area does not have a public transit system as elaborate as, let's say NYC, it is sufficient to get to all the major areas. Case in point, this hotel is only about a block and a half away from a subway stop, which gives it access to all major areas in DC. It is also walking distance to pretty much all the major historic places in Arlington (I walked to/through the cemetery up to the pentago without much trouble...although the cemetery is huge and it does take a while to get through, it is definitely walking distance.

Pros:
The location of the hotel has a few little convenient shops (cosi, starbucks, chipotle, even a froyo place and a convenience store) very nearby. The staff was courteous and efficient. The rooms were average sized and clean and up to 4* standards (which included some room amenities). Very clean hotel. The area/neighbourhood is very business/commercial oriented so although it is pretty much dead on the weekend or evenings, it's a very safe and secure place. th eblue line metro is literally a block and a half away.

Cons:
The price might throw a few people off if you pay too much for it. I got it off hotwire and I would not pay more than $160-$170 for it. You can get it a lot cheaper (I believe I paid $115 plus tax) which makes it much more reasonable. The only other thing I don't like is the convenience inside the hotel. It's awkward to enter and you have to take two elevators (in the main entry) to get to the rooms..one elevator to get to the lobby, then another to the rooms. That knocks it down half a point for me and the other half point is the price point, which is negated if you get a good deal. So although I'm sometimes hesitant for hotels with 4 point ratings, I think this hotel is still very much a good choice.

Room Tip: higher floor room, facing DC if possible
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Washington, D.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Last Memorial Day weekend, my husband and I were married at the Le Meridien in Arlington, Viringia. The hotel staff was amazing and helped make our wedding a wonderful event. The hotel is conveniently located in Rosslyn (Arlington) steps away from Georgetown (which is easily accessible walking across the Key Bridge), close to both Dulles and National airports, and metro accessible. The hotel offered an incredibly competitive rate for our guests and worked with us to accommodate guests who needed ADA rooms and connecting rooms. The rooms are generous size with nice finishings. The hotel itself has been recently updated and offers lots of seating areas with bar service both inside and out. There is a beautiful and large patio space off the hotel restaurant, Amuse, with great views of Georgetown and the Potomac. Finally, the hotel is dog friendly for dogs under 45 pounds. I would highly recommend this hotel not only for visitors to Washington, DC, but also for locals looking for space for a special occasion or wedding. The hotel offered us a complimentary stay for our anniversary this weekend and the service and rooms were just as we remembered: superb.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for four nights in early May. We took about a $50 cab ride from DCA. Our room was ready right away and found it to be comfortable. The view wasn't amazing but we weren't in the room much so that was just fine.
There are lots of little deli type places to eat just a few steps away that saved us some money so we didn't eat when we were in DC.
The metro was an easy five minute walk. We would stay here again if we were visiting DC and wanted to save some money and stay in Arlington.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul P, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear sandybobandy,

Thank you very much for choosing Le Meridien for your recent visit and for sharing your comments with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the room was comfortable. If there is anything I can do for you in the future do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be glad to help. I will look forward to seeing you back soon.

Paul
Le Meridien Management
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

We (family of three) were happy to get an upgrade to a suite for our 2-night stay. However the staff who brought in the extra bed stepped on the pillow (and did not replace it with another). Other than this mishap, we enjoyed our stay. To avoid paying for parking fees, we parked our car by a nearby street at night, taking care to vacate the parking lot by 8 am the following day.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
united states
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

It's clean and strait forward. That's good. The front desk staff were very welcoming. The dings here are valet and the bed. No one was there to take the car at checkin... took 20-25 minutes to pick it up. Ack. And the bed had clear dips in it from what I can assume were "many" previous guests.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Paul P, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Good Afternoon tons0miles,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I am glad to hear our staff was very accommodating to make sure your stay was enjoyable. I will certainly communicate with our team your observations so we can address any areas that need improvement. If there is anything else I can do for you do not hesitate to let me know. I will look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Paul P-Le Meridien Management

Been to Le Meridien Arlington? Share your experiences!