“Great hotel for DC visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Arlington

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Arlington to your Saves list
Le Meridien Arlington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1121 N 19th Street, North Arlington, Arlington, VA 22209 (Formerly Palomar Arlington, a Kimpton Hotel)   |
Ranked #22 of 47 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Great hotel for DC visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Visited with 9 month old and very accommodating. Made requests with the main reservation line that was not carried out. But staff sprung into action at 3am (when we arrived). Found us a crib and refrigerator within an hour. It was perfect.

Great location 2 minutes from highway and quick food is nearby.

Valet parking is worth it, unlike DC hotels.

Will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
William D, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear GJ,

Thank you for sharing your feedback at Le Meridien Arlington. I am sorry to hear that your reservation requests were not carried out but glad to hear our staff was able to resolve your requests right away. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Thanks,

William D

315 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

This hotel is beautiful from the outside, in the lobby, and in the common areas. I first had a room on the 11th floor but had no signal at all on my phone - so was moved to the 7th floor where I had signal. The concierge later told me AT&T is known to have issues in the building (heads up). The view on 11 was of the city of Arlington (nice) while the view on 7 was of Georgetown (nice - but also looking directly into an office building ~30 feet away).

The biggest disappointment of this hotel was the cleanliness of my room. My room literally had dark fingerprints all over the doors/doorways - which I wiped off with a towel in 2 seconds. This was disgusting and should have been done by housekeeping in a 4-star hotel. Also, the fan in the bathroom did not work - which must also be connected to the room next to me - as I could hear literally EVERYTHING the couple there was talking about in their bathroom. Room service was disappointing too - a cheeseburger arrived without cheese, cold bun, cold fries. Menu price was $14, bill came to $20 even before gratuity. How? $6 tax + more for a tip? No way. Another let down was the "heat" in the room. I was here in November when it was 40F at night outside. The room was set to 74 but never once got above 70 - and it felt much colder. I slept with socks on every night - and although the bed was warm - the room was freezing. Be aware there is no pool and no hot tub here.

The only good things I can say about this hotel is that the staff was all VERY nice and the hotel is about a 2 min walk from Rosslyn metro. The area is a little sketchy (especially at night) with tons of homeless people wandering between the metro and 19th St. It's a 15-20 min walk across the river to Georgetown and good restaurants, bars, etc.

This hotel could be great, but I'll stay elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better, especially if you're looking towards Georgetown.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Paula Y, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Hello mxb_hi,
Uh oh! Sounds like you caught us on a bad day for our housekeeping and room service departments, I sincerly apologize for what you experienced and assure you that this is an exception, we try very hard to meet our cleanliness standards and food quality and service standards with every guest experience and it seems we failed on both in your situation. Thank you so much for taking the time to review and share your experience, your feedback is very important to our continued success. I am happy to hear that our staff treated you well and you found the location convenient. I hope you will stay with us again in the near future so we can have another opportunity and give you a better experience!
Old Bridge, New Jersey, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I booked this hotel for a business trip since my company's building is adjacent to it.

Location:
This is a great location. It's as close to being on the river without actually being on the banks of the river. A short walk across a bridge will get you to Georgetown with great food and shopping. And for me, since it was adjacent to where my company is, it was perfect.

Check-in/Check-out:
Check-in process was pretty quick. The lobby is not on the 1st floor. You have to take an elevator to get to the main lobby which is not a big deal but I have read others complaining about it. I asked if I can get a room with a view but unfortunately they did not have one unless I wanted two queen beds instead of a king.
The check-out process was pretty quick as well. And they were able to hold my bags for me until my business day was over.

Room:
The room was tiny. It was comparable to rooms in Paris. If anyone has been to Paris, you know what I am talking about. Good thing it was just me in the room or else we'd be bumping into each other constantly. However, overall, the rooms was in good shape and clean. The worst part of the room, besides the size, was the view. It was probably the worst possible view you can have in that building. The room was on the 7th floor right across from an office building maybe like 20-30 feet away literally and a few floors over the hvac/utilities equipment. So you get the constant noise from the hvac units and have the office building blocking any type of view you would get plus having professionals in the office building being able to view into the room at any given moment. So my advice would be to make sure you get a room with a view or else someone else may get a direct view into your room.

Service:
I can't complain. One evening after working late in the office, I come back to my room. I thought I had water in my bag from work but I guess I left it at work. So I called down to the front desk to see if there were any vending machines in the building so I can get some snacks or drinks. He apologized and said no there werent any. He then asked me what I was looking for and I told him that I just really wanted some water. So he order a bottle of water on the house for me. I really appreciated that since I did not want to go out in the cold to look for a convenience store.

Overall:
Overall, it was a good hotel. Nothing amazing that I can warrant giving a better rating. But the 4th floor lobby was nicely decorated and with free wifi there it helps. The room I got was terribly small. The location of the room was probably the worst in the building. But the service made up for a little bit of that. So in short, while the location of the building and service was great, the room had fallen short. Not sure if I'll go back to this hotel again or try another one in the area. We'll see when I head down there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hello Dong Hee L,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about your visit at Le Meridien Arlington. Exceptional is what we strive for so we will continue to try to improve in the areas we can, to make up for the things we can not change. I do hope you will stay with us again in the future and perhaps we can get you into one of our more spacious guest rooms as they are not all tiny. Thanks again for sharing, we look forward to Welcoming you back !
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Le Meridien on our wedding night, and it was not only one of the least expensive rooms available in the Rosslyn area, but provided a very nice and modern atmosphere with excellent service. They allowed me to check in early to drop bags off before my wedding, and even upgraded me to a suite. When we returned from the wedding reception, there was a bottle of champagne waiting and a fruit and cheese platter. Very nicely done - special thanks to Paula from the front office for assisting me.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Paula Y, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Congratulations on your Wedding! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us on your very special day and thank you so much for sharing your experience! We look forward to welcoming you back for many Anniversaries to come!
Farmington, Connecticut, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I do want to let everyone know how very impressed we were with Le Meridien Arlington! To be honest, I wasn't sure what to expect given some of the reviews I had read, but we will never look any further when planning a visit to our son in Georgetown.

From the front desk staff to the amazing breakfast and wait staff, everyone we encountered was friendly and accommodating...but beyond just polished. We were made to feel like welcomed guests, and that is something lacking in many urban hotels.

My wife and I truly appreciated our upgraded room to a spacious suite, as we were able to entertain our family members without being at all cramped...perfect, thank you! In addition we were able to conveniently walk across the Key Bridge to meet our son and easily enjoy the activities in Georgetown. All in all, we have now "discovered" a new favorite hotel from which we will enjoy many family visits to Georgetown.

LMA is highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Paula Y, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Hello! Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Le Meridien Arlington, we are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and hope that you will now make us your home away from home when traveling in the DC area. We look forward to welcoming you back for many more stays!
Townsend, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I made a hotel reservation here for 2 nights in October (approx. 3 weeks prior to my stay). It was a standard reservation which was cancelleable with 24 hours notice. I gave them a debit/credit card to hold the reservation. Everything pretty standard, right? Well - one week prior to the stay, they debited my checking account for the whole amount ($626). Paying over $300/night I already felt that I was being ripped off, but they managed to add insult to injury.

When I called them to rectify the situation, they agreed that they absolutely didn't have any preauthorization approval and they didn't understand what happened, but, of course, they would credit my account (but it would take 5-6 days!) This is ridiculous. Of course, I cancelled the reservation because I don't like how they do business if this is any indication.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Paula Y, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Hello,
I am terribly sorry to hear you had trouble with your reservation and ultimately ended up canceling your stay with us. We do have some published rates that requrie prepayment for the stay prior to arrival however those terms are stated at time of booking, I am not sure of the terms of your reservation but would be happy to discuss it with you in further detail if you would contact me directly at the property. Thank you for your feedback, I hope we can resolve your concerns and welcome you to stay with us on a future date.
Grand Rapids
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

After spending an exhausting day in DC, we needed a nice, inexpensive place to stay, and this was it! We were upgraded for free to a suite...FOR TWO NIGHTS!!!! Very helpful and willing staff. They were able to suggest multiple places to enjoy a drink and great food. Tip well and they will take excellent care of you. One of the best experiences I have ever had!

Room Tip: We chose a $99 room and were upgraded to a suite. We did see the inside of a non-suite and it was ju...
Green Features: If you're staying more than one day, you can refuse fresh towels, sheets, and a clean room. They credit you $5 for your next stay. This reduces the number of sheets and towels they have to clean. Kind of a cool service.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello!
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiencce at Le Meridien Arlington. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Been to Le Meridien Arlington? Share your experiences!