“Excellent experience for the price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Arlington

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Arlington to your Saves list
Le Meridien Arlington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1121 N 19th Street, North Arlington, Arlington, VA 22209 (Formerly Palomar Arlington, a Kimpton Hotel)   |
Ranked #22 of 48 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Arlington, Virginia
“Excellent experience for the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Le Meridien on our wedding night, and it was not only one of the least expensive rooms available in the Rosslyn area, but provided a very nice and modern atmosphere with excellent service. They allowed me to check in early to drop bags off before my wedding, and even upgraded me to a suite. When we returned from the wedding reception, there was a bottle of champagne waiting and a fruit and cheese platter. Very nicely done - special thanks to Paula from the front office for assisting me.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Paula Y, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Congratulations on your Wedding! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us on your very special day and thank you so much for sharing your experience! We look forward to welcoming you back for many Anniversaries to come!

332 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Farmington, Connecticut, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I do want to let everyone know how very impressed we were with Le Meridien Arlington! To be honest, I wasn't sure what to expect given some of the reviews I had read, but we will never look any further when planning a visit to our son in Georgetown.

From the front desk staff to the amazing breakfast and wait staff, everyone we encountered was friendly and accommodating...but beyond just polished. We were made to feel like welcomed guests, and that is something lacking in many urban hotels.

My wife and I truly appreciated our upgraded room to a spacious suite, as we were able to entertain our family members without being at all cramped...perfect, thank you! In addition we were able to conveniently walk across the Key Bridge to meet our son and easily enjoy the activities in Georgetown. All in all, we have now "discovered" a new favorite hotel from which we will enjoy many family visits to Georgetown.

LMA is highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Paula Y, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Hello! Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Le Meridien Arlington, we are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and hope that you will now make us your home away from home when traveling in the DC area. We look forward to welcoming you back for many more stays!
Townsend, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I made a hotel reservation here for 2 nights in October (approx. 3 weeks prior to my stay). It was a standard reservation which was cancelleable with 24 hours notice. I gave them a debit/credit card to hold the reservation. Everything pretty standard, right? Well - one week prior to the stay, they debited my checking account for the whole amount ($626). Paying over $300/night I already felt that I was being ripped off, but they managed to add insult to injury.

When I called them to rectify the situation, they agreed that they absolutely didn't have any preauthorization approval and they didn't understand what happened, but, of course, they would credit my account (but it would take 5-6 days!) This is ridiculous. Of course, I cancelled the reservation because I don't like how they do business if this is any indication.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Paula Y, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Hello,
I am terribly sorry to hear you had trouble with your reservation and ultimately ended up canceling your stay with us. We do have some published rates that requrie prepayment for the stay prior to arrival however those terms are stated at time of booking, I am not sure of the terms of your reservation but would be happy to discuss it with you in further detail if you would contact me directly at the property. Thank you for your feedback, I hope we can resolve your concerns and welcome you to stay with us on a future date.
Grand Rapids
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

After spending an exhausting day in DC, we needed a nice, inexpensive place to stay, and this was it! We were upgraded for free to a suite...FOR TWO NIGHTS!!!! Very helpful and willing staff. They were able to suggest multiple places to enjoy a drink and great food. Tip well and they will take excellent care of you. One of the best experiences I have ever had!

Room Tip: We chose a $99 room and were upgraded to a suite. We did see the inside of a non-suite and it was ju...
Green Features: If you're staying more than one day, you can refuse fresh towels, sheets, and a clean room. They credit you $5 for your next stay. This reduces the number of sheets and towels they have to clean. Kind of a cool service.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello!
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiencce at Le Meridien Arlington. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I've stayed in a lot of Starwood hotels and I will say this up front for the Le Meridien Arlington: It's not your typical Starwood hotel. Not in a bad way, but curious. Some of the choices are more typical of a Luxury Collection hotel, some kind of a mishmash of the various Starwood brands, and others seemed more like it had been a Marriott in a past life.

That being said, it was really very nice. It was also decorated with real panache, very boldly styled, and the service was excellent.

So here are the pros: great views of Georgetown and even the Washington Monument from high floors, beautiful decor, fantastic location, nice restaurant and bar, excellent service. Also, the Waterview building it's in is amazing. I'd buy a condo there in a heartbeat. As a guest, you should think of this as being almost like staying in Georgetown, as they pretty much roll up the sidewalks at night in Arlington, but you're only 3/4 of a mile walking from the heart of M Street.

I also can't say enough about the service! They were kind enough to receive my bike (for a multi-day touring trip) via FedEx, then hold on to the box while I was out of town, then get it for me to pack my bike up, and THEN hold on to it until FedEx picked it up. I mean, that's service, considering they had my box for 12 total days and I was only a guest for three nights.

On the downside I found that the beds were not really up to the Heavenly Bed standard; the sizes of the rooms left something to be desired; room service was comically slow; the furnishings, although beautiful, felt more like Sheraton than Le Meridien; and the coffee in the room was vomitously awful. They did provide coffee in the lobby, so I schlepped down each morning to get a cup, but I would just as soon have consumed what I had if that had been a viable option.

I recognize that Le Meridien is relatively new to the Starwood family, and that this hotel was formerly part of a different chain. So I'm willing to cut them a little slack. But this hotel was priced like a Westin and for the most part it really only met the Sheraton standard.

Room Tip: Rooms on high floors have superior views. 5th floor rooms have a wall just 2-3 feet outside the wind...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback; we are always delighted to have loyal Starwood members as guests. We strive everyday to continue to improve on all areas of our service and standards to deliver what is expected by our loyal Starwood guests. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to Washington DC.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for a night only but this was a really special hotel. The rooms were clean, everything was brand new, decorated nicely, the bathroom was a piece of art... We booked this hotel from expedia and the price was like a joke. It was really cheap for a luxurious comfort like this. Also the front office was really helpful. Generally when you book from a third party, you wont expect this kind of nice treatment from front office. But this was an exception.

Thanks to everyone that made my DC trip an unforgettable one... I will reccommend this hotel to everyone...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
William D, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of Le Meridien Arlington. Our staff strives to go above and beyond for every guest. I am happy to hear that you had a memorable experience here. We look forward to you returning next time you are in the Washington DC area.

Thanks,

William
South Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is an excellent hotel. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Hotel is located just across the Key Bridge from Georgetown. The elevators take a little getting used to, as one set only goes to the 4th floor (where check in is located) and another goes up to the rooms. It is a nice play to stay.

Great running route if you come out of the hotel, turn right on Lynn, go across the Key Bridge and then as soon as you get to the end of the bridge take the trail on the right down to the Potomac where you can run all the way into the Washington Mall.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear RunningOnandOn,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at Le Meridien Arlington. With our location, there are so many great running routes throughout the city. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Thanks,

William

Been to Le Meridien Arlington? Share your experiences!