“Great view, friendly staff, comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Arlington

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Arlington to your Saves list
Le Meridien Arlington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1121 N 19th Street, North Arlington, Arlington, VA 22209 (Formerly Palomar Arlington, a Kimpton Hotel)   |
Ranked #22 of 48 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great view, friendly staff, comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed here for one night and liked the hotel overall. I had a King room with a great view of Georgetown and the Key Bridge. The clean and spacious rooms, were comfortable like I've come to expect from Le Meridien. The location is also pretty nice with coffee shops and restaurants right around the corner and the Metro a couple blocks away.

The front desk staff were particularly friendly at checkin and checkout. However, the service was a bit slow. When I called down for room service in the evening and then again the next morning, the front desk connected me, but the room service line just rang. Eventually, the calls rolled back over to the front desk. It's a small hotel and seems to run with a bit of a skeleton crew. I had the french toast for breakfast and would highly recommend it.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
William D, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Andy834,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Le Meridien Arlington. I am glad to hear that you had a good experience with our hotel. Please come and stay with us again next time you are in the Washington DC area.

Thanks,

William

328 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Bethany Beach, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

my wife and i almost never get out of the house without the kids . "babysitters" just aren't for us. so once or twice a year when grandma comes to visit we try to schedule a weekend away. D.C. is always our go-to destination and the Le Meridien is always our go-to hotel. the views of the river and Georgetown are fantastic and the staff is super accommodating. i would like to mention James and Will specifically. they have made us feel cared for from the time of check in till the moment we checked out. James suggested a really nice restaurant in Georgetown called Sequoia. a beautiful place right on the water. It was amazing and we cant wait to go back again. we were given the two room suite as a very generous upgrade from James during our most recent stay( 15th anniversary) .this room was the most impressive room we have ever been in Exquisite ...luxurious. . modern, clean and comfortable.
we LOVE this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tee L, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
On behalf of the staff at the Le Meridien Arlington, we'd like to thank you for your kind words about your recent stay with us. I'm glad that you had positive interactions with our staff. It is our goal to ensure that every guest that stays with us has a positive experience.
We look forward to welcoming you back!

Madison, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed here for a week during my 2 months in DC Starwood properties and this was a very good one for the following reasons: It is very close to the Rosslyn metro, it has beautiful views of the river and Georgetown, it's very close to the Custis Memorial/Mt Vernon Trails and Roosevelt Island, the Key Bridge Boathouse and a delicious sushi restaurant called Kanpai. They have wine tastings during the week and the food in the restaurant is very good and extremely reasonably priced (my huge breakfast with omelette and all the sites was only $11). The lobby is on the 4th floor and the building is shared with condos (no issues, but just fyi). The room was a fairly typical size and is very modern in style. Rosslyn is a nice area, sort of similar to Crystal City in that it's a place where people live and work, but there is not a lot of "excitement", if that's what you are looking for. It was a very accommodating place to stay for business travel, the staff was very pleasant and helpful, in particular with folks asking for details about 4th of July festivities and locations that took place during my stay. My only frustration was that I had my road bike with me and they offered to valet check it and then it often took me awhile to retrieve it (they have full-time valet folks, but someone from the desk has to get a bicycle). If you bring a bicycle- just keep it in your room, that worked best for me!

Green Features: The option to waive daily housekeeping was nice as I didn't need it every day. I didn't mind the motion-activated thermostat most of the time, but occasionally it would cut off at night. That was frustrating in July!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tee L, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for writing this kind review. We’re glad you enjoyed all that we have to offer and appreciated our convenient location and comfortable accommodations. We do apologize that certain amenities.i.e parking did not meet your expectations and hope that these inconveniences did not detract from your stay overall.
We hope to welcome you back to the Le Meridien for the exceptional stay that you deserve and we thank you for your review.
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I chose Le Meridien because of the location for the business conference I attended. It was a great location because it connects to the Waterview conference center. I took a 5-10 minute taxi ride from DCA to the hotel. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. I arrived an hour before scheduled check-in and they were able to find a room very quickly. Adeel at the front desk was great! Everytime I passed by the front desk, he quickly greeted me by name and asked how things were going. The room was spacious and clean and equipped with a refridgerator and microwave. There was also a DVD player, but I did not use it. My room faced the street, which made me a little worried about street noise at night. There was not much, but if I stayed again I would request one overlooking the river. Much more scenic view! There are a couple sandwich shops and a Starbucks within easy walking distance of the hotel. I would definitely recommend and would stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

What a lovely review! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Le Meridien Arlington. We sincerely enjoy serving all our guests, but when our guests are as appreciative as you, it inspires us to new heights! Your gracious comments for our attentive staff are sincerely appreciated and we know that reading your review will add enjoyment to their day.
It would absolutely be our pleasure to welcome you back for another exceptional experience in the near future. Thank you for your review
Matthews, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I don't believe I reviewed this hotel when it was the Hotel Palomar by Kimpton, but I stayed here previously in November 2010. In most respects, the hotel is exactly the same - in fact, some aspects have improved. The hotel restaurant food and portion sizes are much improved relative to the price. The rooms are well equipped, and well designed in terms of furniture layout - I always enjoy rooms where the desks are positioned such that I can see the TV without straining. Internet speeds were also very good for hotel internet. Yet, there are small signs of hotel aging that management could very easily correct. As an example - a couple bath and hand towels were frayed along the edges and overall towel quality seemed worn, relative to a five star standard. The comforter on the bed, while OK, was not as good as the one Kimpton used. Small nits, certainly, but for the rate you pay, the hotel can certainly afford to make all elements of top quality.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for this kind and detailed review and we look forward to having you stay with us again at Le Meridien.
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Comfy, spacious room - within a minute walk to the metro. Located one metro stop from Foggy Bottom/GWU on the Blue or Orange Line. One stop from Arlington Cemetary. A great terrace on the fourth floor with comfortable seating to enjoy a glass of wine (or smoke, for you smokers). In addition to a restaurant on the premesis, there are several places to grab a bite in the immediate area. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Several prior posters complained about the elevators. Although I didn't use them during morning "rush hour", I found absolutely no delay. We really enjoyed our stay here; would definately recommend at the right price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tee L, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate your kind review and thank you first, for staying with us and second, for sharing how much you enjoyed our dedicated staff, luxurious amenities and beautiful Convenient location. It is with great enthusiasm that we cater to each and every one of our guests, and we look forward to welcoming you back for another exceptional stay at the Le Meridien Arlington.
Thank you for your review.
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed one night for a wedding onsite. Our rooms were very nice with a beautiful view of the river. The rooms are very large and comfortable. The beds are very comfortable. There is an empty refrigerator in the room which is nice instead of an overpriced minibar. The soap and moisturizer at le meridien are really a nice quality with a nice scent.
The wedding was very well done, with the ceremony and cocktail hour taking place on their outdoor terrace with a beautiful view of the river and Georgetown, the dinner and dancing in the restaurant. It was a beautiful wedding and everything went very smoothly.
The hotel has interesting artwork. It is in a good location. Overall, a nice place. I would definitely stay there again when in the DC area.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a river view.