“nope- don't do it” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Arlington

You added Le Meridien Arlington to your Saves list
Le Meridien Arlington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1121 N 19th Street, North Arlington, Arlington, VA 22209 (Formerly Palomar Arlington, a Kimpton Hotel)   |
Ranked #21 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
twinsburg, ohio
“nope- don't do it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Pick one of the other better rated hotels- there is a reason this one is so low on the list. Customer service was the pits- we were there April 26-28 for my son's 16th birthday, so we wanted our stay to be special and I was hoping for at least a room with a view or anything a bit special- nothing! We visit DC 2-3 times a year and even though the room was nice, I would not come back to this hotel. Front desk staff bordered on rude- especially one man who seemed to be there in the evenings. Our room was not made up until 5 pm our second day and then after we returned from dinner the cleaning people had left a dirty rag on our bed- gross! Be sure not to get a room with a connecting door- sooo loud - love getting a 6 am wake up from the loud talker next door. We used our credit card points to book this room- maybe that added to the staff's uncaring attitude. Overall, I have been treated better at 2 star hotels- a little bit of kindness goes a long way- won't stay here again!

Room Tip: be sure to get above the 5th floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear pauliepalmz,

Please accept my apologies for not meeting all of your expectations. We want to make it right for you, please contact me at your convenience, I would like to get more details about your stay. Thank you for your feedback!

allan.bella@lemeridienarlington.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Having made multiple trips to the Washington DC area and not being too familiar with the Arlington area, I was pleasantly surprised to discover how fast and easy getting into central DC was; short cab ride or two Metro stops (with the Metro station less than a block away). I was very pleasantly surprised with what a wonderful hotel this is! The staff, without exception, was very friendly and helpful; starting with the bellman who was instrumental in getting me to my meeting on time, to the front desk staff who really paid attention to detail (little things, but they make a difference). Classy lounge and restaurant area. I saw another review mention airplane noise - I heard some, but it seemed like all the airplane activity ceased shortly after 10pm. Most importantly to me, I got a wonderful night's sleep, which made all the difference for my meetings the following day, and I'm a light sleeper. Very comfortable beds, comfortable furnishings, very quiet heating/ac, great soundproofing. Great stay - these people really seem to understand "hospitality", which makes a big difference on business trips. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Upper floors seem best, but I was very impressed with how well-soundproofed the hotel was, can't...
Dear whiskeylad,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback! We are happy that you enjoyed your visit at the Le Meridien Arlington.

Thank you for staying with us.

Red Oak, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

I had a by difficult time finding this hotel. Note, the sign on the building is extremely small and hard to see. Once I called Jimmy met me on the curb and was as sweet as pie. The traffic is busy so be warned that you might have challenges if you have to turn around. I opted for self-park and somehow ended up having to take 3 different elevators to get to my room. If concierge Jimmy hadn't found me in the garage I might still be lost.

My room was on the 5th floor with a view of a wall and dirty cigars. I felt extremely closed in. When I asked for a different room above the wall I was moved three doors further down the same wall. Not sure where the communication failed. With that being said though the room was lovely. Spacious and sparkling clean I loved it. The bed was very comfortable and added touches such as the marble, classy comfortable chairs, and reading lights made a huge difference.

The location to Georgetown can't be beat. I enjoyed a lovely walk downtown where I found tons of fun places to eat and cute shops. I would definitely stay here again for location alone.

In short there are challenges. Finding the place is challenging, parking is confusing, 3 separate elevators is excessive, and being charged for parking and Internet is never appreciated. But I truly did enjoy my stay here. With the challenges in mind I would still come back again for more. I would also insist on being on a higher floor so I could actually have sunlight come through the windows.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Merdog,

Good morning!
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback! I'm glad that you enjoyed your visit at the Le Meridien Arlington, sorry you had some challenges getting to the hotel.
Please visit us again soon.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I reserved a river view room but was given a room facing the street. The front desk attendant also said that I'd get free internet as a gold member, but then there was a $10 "telephone" charge on my bill. These are all things that can be fixed by pointing out the problems and asking them to be corrected but for a $400 room rate at what is supposed to be a good brand you expect it to be gotten right.

While the hotel can't control the flight path from DCA, there was quite a lot of noise from planes taking off the evening I was there.

Dear Mr. Dan H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. So sorry that we did not meet yours and our expectations. Please contact me at your convenience, I would like to get more details about your stay and hopefully we get a chance to make it up to you. My contact information is below. Thank you for your business.

allan.bella@lemeridienarlington.com
703-894-5062
France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Very helpful and friendly arrival by James at reception. We got an upgrade to the 12th floor and had a lovely room overlooking the river. Very central hotel, airport bus stops 2 minutes way and metro is across the pad. Would recommend this hotel

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tomandaileen,

Very glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit at the Le Meridien Arlington and James was able to exceed your expectations. Please visit us again soon, thank you for your business.

Norfolk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I had a super experience here in April 2013. I did not experience any of the negative things about which others have commented. Hotel extremely clean and well-appointed, fitness facility is terrific, loved the happy hour and complimentary wine served at 5 p.m., bar is excellent with lovely huge outdoor patio that looks out on the Potomac and Georgetown. Very short walk across bridge to Georgetown and very close to Metro for easy access to anywhere. Food was great. Staff were extremely friendly and eager to help. I made one service call because AC didn't come on, and they sent a guy within about 4 minutes who fixed it. I didn't pay for room so I can't comment on value for dollar spent. Assuming price is right, I'd definitely stay again.

Dear Dogwalkernorfolk,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback, very glad that you enjoyed your visit at the Le Meridien Arlington.
Thank you for your visiting us, we hope to see you again soon.

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I was visiting friends who stay in DC and the when I told them I was staying at Le Meridien they said that they didn't even know it existed. Nevertheless, the AAA package was a great value, it included a well appointed room on a higher level (which happened to face Georgetown) and breakfast buffet for two. The buffet had an array of fruits, pastries and cereals; pancakes, omelet station, sausage and bacon (even CHICKEN SAUSAGE, which is fantastic for non pork eaters YAY!!). The bed was very comfortable. The gym is filled with a variety of cardio equipment. The hotel is in a great location near the Rosslyn station. I would stay here again, when returning to the area!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear CMCTIER,

Thank you so much for your feedback! Very glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Le Meridien Arlington and enjoyed your breakfast at the Amuse. Please visit us again soon.

Allan

Been to Le Meridien Arlington? Share your experiences!