“Worth the challenges” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Arlington

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Arlington to your Saves list
Le Meridien Arlington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1121 N 19th Street, North Arlington, Arlington, VA 22209 (Formerly Palomar Arlington, a Kimpton Hotel)   |
Ranked #22 of 48 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Red Oak, Iowa
“Worth the challenges”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

I had a by difficult time finding this hotel. Note, the sign on the building is extremely small and hard to see. Once I called Jimmy met me on the curb and was as sweet as pie. The traffic is busy so be warned that you might have challenges if you have to turn around. I opted for self-park and somehow ended up having to take 3 different elevators to get to my room. If concierge Jimmy hadn't found me in the garage I might still be lost.

My room was on the 5th floor with a view of a wall and dirty cigars. I felt extremely closed in. When I asked for a different room above the wall I was moved three doors further down the same wall. Not sure where the communication failed. With that being said though the room was lovely. Spacious and sparkling clean I loved it. The bed was very comfortable and added touches such as the marble, classy comfortable chairs, and reading lights made a huge difference.

The location to Georgetown can't be beat. I enjoyed a lovely walk downtown where I found tons of fun places to eat and cute shops. I would definitely stay here again for location alone.

In short there are challenges. Finding the place is challenging, parking is confusing, 3 separate elevators is excessive, and being charged for parking and Internet is never appreciated. But I truly did enjoy my stay here. With the challenges in mind I would still come back again for more. I would also insist on being on a higher floor so I could actually have sunlight come through the windows.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Merdog,

Good morning!
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback! I'm glad that you enjoyed your visit at the Le Meridien Arlington, sorry you had some challenges getting to the hotel.
Please visit us again soon.

326 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I reserved a river view room but was given a room facing the street. The front desk attendant also said that I'd get free internet as a gold member, but then there was a $10 "telephone" charge on my bill. These are all things that can be fixed by pointing out the problems and asking them to be corrected but for a $400 room rate at what is supposed to be a good brand you expect it to be gotten right.

While the hotel can't control the flight path from DCA, there was quite a lot of noise from planes taking off the evening I was there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Dan H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. So sorry that we did not meet yours and our expectations. Please contact me at your convenience, I would like to get more details about your stay and hopefully we get a chance to make it up to you. My contact information is below. Thank you for your business.

allan.bella@lemeridienarlington.com
703-894-5062
France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Very helpful and friendly arrival by James at reception. We got an upgrade to the 12th floor and had a lovely room overlooking the river. Very central hotel, airport bus stops 2 minutes way and metro is across the pad. Would recommend this hotel

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tomandaileen,

Very glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit at the Le Meridien Arlington and James was able to exceed your expectations. Please visit us again soon, thank you for your business.

Norfolk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I had a super experience here in April 2013. I did not experience any of the negative things about which others have commented. Hotel extremely clean and well-appointed, fitness facility is terrific, loved the happy hour and complimentary wine served at 5 p.m., bar is excellent with lovely huge outdoor patio that looks out on the Potomac and Georgetown. Very short walk across bridge to Georgetown and very close to Metro for easy access to anywhere. Food was great. Staff were extremely friendly and eager to help. I made one service call because AC didn't come on, and they sent a guy within about 4 minutes who fixed it. I didn't pay for room so I can't comment on value for dollar spent. Assuming price is right, I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Dogwalkernorfolk,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback, very glad that you enjoyed your visit at the Le Meridien Arlington.
Thank you for your visiting us, we hope to see you again soon.

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I was visiting friends who stay in DC and the when I told them I was staying at Le Meridien they said that they didn't even know it existed. Nevertheless, the AAA package was a great value, it included a well appointed room on a higher level (which happened to face Georgetown) and breakfast buffet for two. The buffet had an array of fruits, pastries and cereals; pancakes, omelet station, sausage and bacon (even CHICKEN SAUSAGE, which is fantastic for non pork eaters YAY!!). The bed was very comfortable. The gym is filled with a variety of cardio equipment. The hotel is in a great location near the Rosslyn station. I would stay here again, when returning to the area!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear CMCTIER,

Thank you so much for your feedback! Very glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Le Meridien Arlington and enjoyed your breakfast at the Amuse. Please visit us again soon.

Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were great here. Weird set up with reception on fourth floor. Very handy to Rosslyn Metro station, Georgetown and all Washington attractions. Bars hours could be longer. No restaurant. Ver close to Iwo Jima monument (walkable).

• Stayed April 2013
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear djmkm,

Good morning!

Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us. Very glad you enjoyed your visit.
Thank you for your business.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Poor service no amenities. The restaurant the Amuse had inferior service. The waiters uniforms were durty. The services staff was standing around carring a conversation ignoring the custumers.

If you get a low rate they will offer an upgrade the is not worth it.

Room Tip: Dont go for the upgrade..
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Good Day Ms. Drl22,

Allow me to take this opportunity to apologize for the lack of amenities and service challenges at our hotel. I am Douglas Osborne, Food and Beverage Manager, and our hotel prides itself on exceeding guest expectations. We clearly failed to meet our promise and I will personally look into everything you mentioned. Hopefully you are able to join us in the future, if so, It would be my pleasure to be your direct contact. Again, thank you for the feedback.

Douglas Osborne

Been to Le Meridien Arlington? Share your experiences!