“Very nice, great location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Arlington

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Arlington to your Saves list
Le Meridien Arlington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1121 N 19th Street, North Arlington, Arlington, VA 22209 (Formerly Palomar Arlington, a Kimpton Hotel)   |
Ranked #23 of 47 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Norfolk
“Very nice, great location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I had a super experience here in April 2013. I did not experience any of the negative things about which others have commented. Hotel extremely clean and well-appointed, fitness facility is terrific, loved the happy hour and complimentary wine served at 5 p.m., bar is excellent with lovely huge outdoor patio that looks out on the Potomac and Georgetown. Very short walk across bridge to Georgetown and very close to Metro for easy access to anywhere. Food was great. Staff were extremely friendly and eager to help. I made one service call because AC didn't come on, and they sent a guy within about 4 minutes who fixed it. I didn't pay for room so I can't comment on value for dollar spent. Assuming price is right, I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Dogwalkernorfolk,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback, very glad that you enjoyed your visit at the Le Meridien Arlington.
Thank you for your visiting us, we hope to see you again soon.

309 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I was visiting friends who stay in DC and the when I told them I was staying at Le Meridien they said that they didn't even know it existed. Nevertheless, the AAA package was a great value, it included a well appointed room on a higher level (which happened to face Georgetown) and breakfast buffet for two. The buffet had an array of fruits, pastries and cereals; pancakes, omelet station, sausage and bacon (even CHICKEN SAUSAGE, which is fantastic for non pork eaters YAY!!). The bed was very comfortable. The gym is filled with a variety of cardio equipment. The hotel is in a great location near the Rosslyn station. I would stay here again, when returning to the area!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear CMCTIER,

Thank you so much for your feedback! Very glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Le Meridien Arlington and enjoyed your breakfast at the Amuse. Please visit us again soon.

Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were great here. Weird set up with reception on fourth floor. Very handy to Rosslyn Metro station, Georgetown and all Washington attractions. Bars hours could be longer. No restaurant. Ver close to Iwo Jima monument (walkable).

• Stayed April 2013
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear djmkm,

Good morning!

Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us. Very glad you enjoyed your visit.
Thank you for your business.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Poor service no amenities. The restaurant the Amuse had inferior service. The waiters uniforms were durty. The services staff was standing around carring a conversation ignoring the custumers.

If you get a low rate they will offer an upgrade the is not worth it.

Room Tip: Dont go for the upgrade..
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Good Day Ms. Drl22,

Allow me to take this opportunity to apologize for the lack of amenities and service challenges at our hotel. I am Douglas Osborne, Food and Beverage Manager, and our hotel prides itself on exceeding guest expectations. We clearly failed to meet our promise and I will personally look into everything you mentioned. Hopefully you are able to join us in the future, if so, It would be my pleasure to be your direct contact. Again, thank you for the feedback.

Douglas Osborne
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

For the past three years I have been traveling to Arlington to participate in a committee meeting for my professional organization. This was the first year that they arranged for us to stay at the Le Meridien. Since the organization pays the hotel expenses I cannot comment on the value for the dollar spent since I don't know what kind of rate was negotiated.

The reason for the above title is that when you enter the main doors of the hotel you need to take the elevator up to the 4th floor to check in. Although it is a little strange all the pre-arrival information I was given makes it clear as to where you need to go. Also a little strange is that the upper floors of the buidling are condos so you do have full time residents using the elevators, first floor and parking.

When I reached check-in the staff was efficient and courteous. They got me checked-in and to my room right away. The fourth floor is also where you find the hotel's lobby, bar and resturant. The had a nice wine reception in the late afternoon on the day of my arrival in the lobby area.

The room was very spacious, clean and well designed. I had a view of the Potomac River from my room. The bed was very comfortable and the climate control was easy enough for those of us who have had trouble at other hotels with getting the room temps right.

I used the fitness all three days of my stay. Unlike many hotel fitness centers this room had plenty of equipment and includes weight machines as well as free weights. Ample treadmills, crosstrainers and staionary cycles. The machines and room were clean and all cardio machines come with TV (they have a supply of clean headsets). Ample towels and ample water on hand. Because there were a number of cardio machines I didn't have t get up at the crack of dawn to make sure I got in a workout.

Finally the location is good as it is walking distance to Georgetown. and the subway station is two blocks up and one block over. I would recommend this hotel for anyone with business in Arlington, Georgetown or D.C.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear EdandMarna,

Thank you so much for staying at the Le Meridien Arlington. Very glad that you enjoyed your first visit at the Le Meridien and enjoyed your work out in our fitness center. Please visit us again soon. Thank you for your business.

Athens, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel used to be a Kimpton Hotel. I loved it as a Kimpton and was unsure of whether I'd like it as Le Meridien. When I arrived, Adeel greeted me, checked me in, made special morning coffee accommodations for my vegan diet, and made me feel welcome. He also kept in touch throughout my stay to make sure I was comfortable and had everything I needed. My stay was perfect, and I recommend Le Meridien to anyone staying in Arlington/Rosslyn, VA. If you are lucky, Adeel will be there to greet you as well! The hotel has a nice fitness center. One minus was the hotel restaurant. It's not as good as the previous restaurant; so I'd recommend looking for alternative dining.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Babs M,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your feedback. Very glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and Adeel made your stay more enjoyable. Thank you for visiting us.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Booked this hotel through HotWire on our way across the country. Relatively easy to find, and very nice hotel. We had a lovely room with huge windows facing the river and Georgetown across the bridge. The front desk staff were extremely friendly, and even gave us a room on the highest floor possible when my fiance requested it. The hotel is a two minute walk from the metro, and there are great places to eat right down the street. My only complaint is the parking situation. When we first pulled up at the hotel, a man walked up to our car and asked for our keys. He did not have a uniform on, and told us that we were not allowed to park our car ourselves. Obviously, with no uniform on, and no clear indication that he worked for the hotel, we were very suspicious. My fiance ended up waiting downstairs while I went upstairs and checked-in and asked about parking. It turns out that for one price you can park your car at a garage down the street, but the garage closes and you cannot get it out once it is in until you are leaving the hotel. The other option is to pay extra for valet service in order to take the car in and out during your stay. Really it was all just pretty confusing. As I said, the hotel itself is lovely, and not very expensive, but the valet should probably wear at least a name tag so that it doesn't seem that someone is trying to steal your car. Also, suprise! if you log onto the open wireless network from your room the hotel tracks the signal and charges you without warning. Apart from those two things, however, it was all very nice.

Room Tip: Since they do not have city views, ask for a room facing the river/georgetown. Huge windows, really...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Living-Dahntahn,

Thank you so much for providing us feedback regarding your recent stay. I'm glad that overall you enjoyed your visit at the Le Meridien Arlington. Please visit us again soon.

Allan

Been to Le Meridien Arlington? Share your experiences!